What would it take to get Brian Campbell and Matthias from FLA.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

What would it take to get Brian Campbell and Matthias from FLA.

How many prospects and picks would FLA want. I think the panthers would move both but at what cost . Would you have to start with Subban yes I know PC wouldn't trade him but would he have to be in a deal of this magnitude 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: What would it take to get Brian Campbell and Matthias from FLA.

$7M a year until 2016 for Campbell ahh no!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Campbell way too expensive...Mathias for Pev and Caron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Brian Campbell?  We already have a Campbell and he only costs $1.6M per year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Peverley - Is Florida one of these teams ? NTC (2012-13, player can submit eight-team trade list by Oct. 1, 2012; 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Peverley - Is Florida one of these teams ? NTC (2012-13, player can submit eight-team trade list by Oct. 1, 2012; 

Why are you showing up the future GM of the Bruins ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Why are you showing up the future GM of the Bruins ?

It makes me feel good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

How many prospects and picks would FLA want. I think the panthers would move both but at what cost . Would you have to start with Subban yes I know PC wouldn't trade him but would he have to be in a deal of this magnitude 

The Panthers don't need Subban.  Jacob Markstrom is 23 and playing very well.  The Panthers believe he is going to be the #1 for the forseeable future.

Campbell has three years left on a very expensive deal.  It has been rumored that the Panthers would be willing to eat part of that salary.  Per rules of the CBA, they can keep up to 50% of the dough/cap hit.  If that were the case, Campbell would be an awesome acquisition.  He may drive some B's fans bonkers with is lack of physical play.  Through 36 games this year, he has 12 hits.  LOL  12 hits!  Once in every three games, he mistakenly runs into someone and the scorer mistakenly calls it a hit.  He would change the powerplay in an instant* and create a whole new offensive look for the team.

Matthias is on fire right now.  Two more goals last night, giving him 11 in March, 5 in his last three games.  The guy is going bananas.  If Tallon were a good GM, which he is not, he would sell high RIGHT NOW.  Matthias can move for a bigger guy, but he doesn't play a physical brand of hockey at all.  I can't recall a big check from the 6'4, 225 man.  He is a very fast skater.  He can also put on some dazzling moves with the puck in tow.

To get these two players, you can be sure that the offer would be better than the Calgary deal.  The cupboard is bare in San Antonio.  The team needs NHL players and prospects.  I woud guess they won't take Horton back.  That leaves third liners and top AHL guys like Spooner and Khoklachev at least.  Considering the deal they'd force with Campbell's contract, they'd probably have to add in a bit more also.

It would be pretty expensive overall, but you have to pay to get.  No one trades their Toyota for a Benz without having to put up some cash as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

$7M a year until 2016 for Campbell ahh no!

Florida is rumored to be willing to retain some of the cash/cap hit in order to make a deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I feel like they would either be willing to eat some of that salary or include Matthias in the deal.  Probably not both.  Unless the B's offer a whole lot.

Plus, Crosby has Matthias' cell number.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Any player with any talent to score could be had for entire bruins team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Campbell might have some offensive capabilities but he is not a good defenseman, considering his +/- of -17...I don't think he'd fit well with Julian's style of hockey. Plus, unless his contract is expiring, there's no way the B's want any part of that huge contract with the cap going down next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Campbell might have some offensive capabilities but he is not a good defenseman, considering his +/- of -17...I don't think he'd fit well with Julian's style of hockey. Plus, unless his contract is expiring, there's no way the B's want any part of that huge contract with the cap going down next year.

Have you watched a lot of Florida games this year?

Gudbranson is a -16.  Is not a good defenseman either?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nothing in San Antonio?  But Zach Hamill is a point/game player down there!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

seriously do you have any inclination of what a no trade clause is or means?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Have you watched a lot of Florida games this year?

Gudbranson is a -16.  Is not a good defenseman either?

To be honest N.A.S, I actually can say I haven't watched too many Panther games...but in the couple of B's games I've seen against them he never really stood out other than being on the ice when the B's scored.

I understand what you are saying though...sometimes a guy can only be as good as the team he plays for...but I have also heard commentators state that his defensive focus has been somewhat lacking.

Seeing the B's assume his salary cap hit with the risk that he might not fit into Julian's defensive style is not a risk I think the B's would take.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

To be honest N.A.S, I actually can say I haven't watched too many Panther games...but in the couple of B's games I've seen against them he never really stood out other than being on the ice when the B's scored.

I understand what you are saying though...sometimes a guy can only be as good as the team he plays for...but I have also heard commentators state that his defensive focus has been somewhat lacking.

Seeing the B's assume his salary cap hit with the risk that he might not fit into Julian's defensive style is not a risk I think the B's would take.

Brian Campbell has never and will never be confused with Chara or Bartkowski as top shutdown defensemen.  He does play a fine game in his own end, however.  If Florida would keep some salary and cap, acquiring Campbell would be as big as acquiring Iginla.  (Partly because of the cap space and the years included on Campbell's deal.)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Brian Campbell has never and will never be confused with Chara or Bartkowski as top shutdown defensemen.  

Well done.