What would the bruins have to give for...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: What would the bruins have to give for...

In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for...:
    [QUOTE]Chara, Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi, and Savard and the Bruins pay all their salaries... THAT would be a great trade!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

Okay, maybe re-visit this after you've had a chance to CALM THE F* DOWN!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Moulson is a nice scorer...I am scared of the one hit wonder stuff though but he seems to be doing it again.  I would look for a more consistant threat.  I don't think there will be much available in the east that upgrade our roster.  We really need a game changer and I just dont think many are out there that will be dealt. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Moulson is a nice scorer...I am scared of the one hit wonder stuff though but he seems to be doing it again.  I would look for a more consistant threat.  I don't think there will be much available in the east that upgrade our roster.  We really need a game changer and I just dont think many are out there that will be dealt. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You may be right... I meant consistency in what I have seen for the past 2 years. But, prior to that, he really hasn't done much and, at 27 years old, he could be a one-hit wonder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Moulson is a nice scorer...I am scared of the one hit wonder stuff though but he seems to be doing it again.  I would look for a more consistant threat.  I don't think there will be much available in the east that upgrade our roster.  We really need a game changer and I just dont think many are out there that will be dealt. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Moulson might be a good pickup that would be affordable.Like you said,there won't be many gamebreakers available and those that are will carry expensive contracts.I'd be happy if we could swap Ryder and our 1st for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Moulson for Wheeler and a 3rd probably.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : Moulson might be a good pickup that would be affordable.Like you said,there won't be many gamebreakers available and those that are will carry expensive contracts.I'd be happy if we could swap Ryder and our 1st for him.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have the first rounder. I understand that goals now are far more valuable than potential goals in the future, but he hasn't proven himself to be a consistent scorer, he won't get the same ice time as he gets on the island, and a 18-25 pick has the potential to be a really good player (think: Caron, Colborne, Stuart, Rask).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He will not be moved he is buddies with Tavares and trains with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : I'd rather have the first rounder. I understand that goals now are far more valuable than potential goals in the future, but he hasn't proven himself to be a consistent scorer, he won't get the same ice time as he gets on the island, and a 18-25 pick has the potential to be a really good player (think: Caron, Colborne, Stuart, Rask).
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but we'd have to sweeten the pot in order for them to take Ryder in return.Add to that a logjam of prospects and a lotto pick coming.Something's got to give.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : Yeah but we'd have to sweeten the pot in order for them to take Ryder in return.Add to that a logjam of prospects and a lotto pick coming.Something's got to give.

Or we could let Ryder walk for free at the end of the year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]He will not be moved he is buddies with Tavares and trains with him.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Very true but Colby Armstrong was moved desite being Crosby's best bud. If that can happen, a Moulson deal absolutely could.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My idea was to simply add a little more offense to the team and see if it makes a difference.

I think Caron + Paille + our 1st round pick is very fair since Caron has a lot of potential, Paille can play on any 4th line with good speed and solid on the PK, and any re-building team wants 1st round picks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : Or we could let Ryder walk for free at the end of the year...
    What I'm thinking is that with any player that arrives,a contract will have to go in return.So from NYI next year perspective,they would have a 1st rounder for Moulson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Islanders are below the cap floor and none of their rookies will achieve targets not even Tavares they need too add salary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Islanders are below the cap floor and none of their rookies will achieve targets not even Tavares they need too add salary.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I mean Boston can't take on significant cash without some going the other way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : I mean Boston can't take on significant cash without some going the other way.

Still, you wouldn't need to provide incentives for NYI to take on salary. A first rounder is too much in this case, I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : Still, you wouldn't need to provide incentives for NYI to take on salary. A first rounder is too much in this case, I think.
    What I mean is I wouldn't expect NYI to take Ryder straight up for him.I also wouldn't trade a 1st straight up for Moulson.Now that I realize Moulson is a UFA at season's end (thought he'd be RFA)I'd offer ryder and a 2nd or 3rd.That would also free up some cash to make another move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : What I mean is I wouldn't expect NYI to take Ryder straight up for him.I also wouldn't trade a 1st straight up for Moulson.Now that I realize Moulson is a UFA at season's end (thought he'd be RFA)I'd offer ryder and a 2nd or 3rd.That would also free up some cash to make another move.

I don't think we'd need to give Ryder away. Nor am I of the belief this would be wise. Before the season my opinion on both counts was exactly the opposite.

You're right -- Snow would fight dogs on television before he made a Moulson for Ryder straight up trade. Ryder and a 2nd or 3rd and we've got a deal, Dez!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for... : I don't think we'd need to give Ryder away. Nor am I of the belief this would be wise. Before the season my opinion on both counts was exactly the opposite. You're right -- Snow would fight dogs on television before he made a Moulson for Ryder straight up trade. Ryder and a 2nd or 3rd and we've got a deal, Dez!
    Now if only PC can pull the trigger as easily as we do....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Also wanted to throw Scottie Upshall's name out here again... he's got good speed, can be counted on for 15-20 goals, reasonable contract/cap hit and an UFA in 2011 on a Phoenix team that remains playoff contenders despite having no fan support!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Less likely possibilities for secondary scoring because their respective teams are doing well:

Rusland Fedotenko - UFA in 2011, reasonable contract/cap hit at 1M, a left wing (which we don't have!) good for about 15 goals, not over-the-hill at 31 years old and plays on a team with a similar defensive style so should fit right in.

Raffi Torres - UFA in 2011, reasonable contract/cap hit at 1M, a left wing good for about 20 goals, not over-the-hill at 29 years old. Sadly, we could have had this guy last year and now he is with a real Cup contender so it is unlikely we get him until the off-season when he may want a pay raise!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

They may do Ryder/Caron for Moulson and a late pick

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Why would all you Ryder haters get rid of him, where would you vent, oh yeah when Moulson doesn't score, and he won't, he will become the new Ryder.

Mentioned on another, post that Seid for Byfuglien would be better pick, plus give em whoever they want, Atl has lots of cap room.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I would not move Caron and a first round pick for Matt Moulson and I doubt the Islanders would want Ryder's contract even if the season is half over
    I wouldn't make any deals and hope Seguin becomes a bigger part of the puzzle in the second half .. playing him with Marchand and Bergeron would be a start

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Why would all you Ryder haters get rid of him, where would you vent, oh yeah when Moulson doesn't score, and he won't, he will become the new Ryder. Mentioned on another, post that Seid for Byfuglien would be better pick, plus give em whoever they want, Atl has lots of cap room.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    Unlikely they move a guy who's been their best player.I'd be shocked if he doesn't re-sign in Atlanta as he seems to relish being the go to guy instead of being in the supporting cast as he was in Chicago.

Sections
Shortcuts