What would the bruins have to give for...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: What would the bruins have to give for...

WHY would B's be interested in trading Ryder AND a #1 pick on the Islanders Matt Moulson?

Moulson:  40GP  14 goals, 8 assists, 22 points

Ryder:  40GP  11 goals, 12 assists, 23 points

Fawgettabouditt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funny how Moulson suddenly started scoring at a 30 goal pace last year.  Wonder why....  Oh, right, he plays with that Tavares guy!  So maybe they should trade Ryder and a first for Tavares and Moulson!!

The flip side of what SanDog's point re: the cap floor is that the Islanders don't need to keep stockpiling picks.  Many of their key contributors are very young or on the good side of 30 - Tavares, Okposo, Comeau, Parenteau, Moulson, Bailey, Hamonic, Neilsen, Schrempf, Grabner, MacDonald - and they have Neiderreiter, Brock Nelson, Calvin de Haan and Casey Cisikas to go with Kabanov in the pipeline.  They won't be dumping a 27 year old who has chemistry with their franchise player.

As for the Armstrong comparison - that wasn't a salary dump.  That move was made to acquire a guy who has been one of the best power wingers in the game over the last decade.  Not Michael Ryder.  Or Blake Wheeler. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: What would the bruins have to give for...:
    [QUOTE]Also wanted to throw Scottie Upshall's name out here again... he's got good speed, can be counted on for 15-20 goals, reasonable contract/cap hit and an UFA in 2011 on a Phoenix team that remains playoff contenders despite having no fan support!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Why would Phoenix want to trade him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] Raffi Torres - UFA in 2011, reasonable contract/cap hit at 1M, a left wing good for about 20 goals, not over-the-hill at 29 years old. Sadly, we could have had this guy last year and now he is with a real Cup contender so it is unlikely we get him until the off-season when he may want a pay raise!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Maybe Shupe will start a thread about this guy.  It's his turn and it's been 41 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Moulson for Wheeler and a 3rd probably.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Triple done I was thinking more like  conditional 3rd or something moving up to a 2nd if he signs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

This is not so much a 'what would it take' scenario as it is a 'how to make room for' job.

What about David Clarkson in New Jersey?
    Makes over 3 mil a year has two years left and very terrible stats this year, hardly indicative of what he brings to the table or his usual output. And entirely unmentioned in any who's-New Jersey- -jettisoning rumours, so I know Devils probably want to keep him.
    I put him in the 'could use a change of atmosphere' file

Then there's Patrick Elias, also a Devil,
    also never-mentioned amongst a sea of mentioned New Jersey moves.
    requires a lot more money a year (7 mil-ish), but is leading his team in Stats right now and is a surprisingly resilient, competitor, Playoffs too.
    I put him in the  'He's not going anywhere, but ya never know he'd be a great Bruin' file...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not real interested in Moulson (and have no interest in Raffi Torres).  I wonder if a deal could be made for Okposo instead.  He has underachieved slightly and is coming to the end of his entry deal, I believe.  He's also coming back from a major injury.  He will be back for the stretch run though, and is still a young player with some upside.  Not sure the Isles would want to deal him, but it seems just as plausible as Moulson, and more usful for the Bruins...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not sure you can say that kids who make the NHL as EL players are underachieving.  They're just "developing".  [I put the "who make the NHL as EL players" because Hamill is definitely underachieving.]  Okposo was rounding into the kind of player he can be before he got injured.  Still working on consistency, sure, but you could see there was a high ceiling.  Moulson, on the other hand, is a late bloomer who hit the jackpot when he found he had chemistry with Tavares.  If I'm Garth Snow, I'd see the wizard about a brain and...

Sorry, if I'm Garth Snow and someone tells me I have to trade them one of Moulson or Okposo, I give them Moulson and the keys to Trent Hunter's car.  Thirty goals playing with Tavares can be replaced.  Anyone remember Blair McDonald?  If you do, it's probably because of the fire hydrant.

This probably means they have no interest in trading Okposo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Clarkson's the most interesting trade target I've seen on here all year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Just, please... no pending UFA's.
    No, 'we're just one piece away' talk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

nobody sells talent cheap.  they sell cheap talent, talent they know is gonna walk in the off season, or talent they can't afford to re sign.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"Underachieving" is probably a little strong for Okposo.  I only base that on hearing several critical comments about Okposo from the NY media and the fact that the expectations were so high.  I recall him being an occasional scratch in that lineup.  Okposo played with Tavares too, and scored less than Moulson, although I agree that he would still be the more desired player to hold on to.

The Devils want to dump some of their veterans a lot more than their few good young players.  They also are not going to want to take any salary back in a deal.  So unless you wow them with prospects or picks, I can't see any chance that the Bruins would get Clarkson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Elias at 6M$ is why players like Ryder get 4M.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Bruins do come deadline time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Looking more at the UFA list, I almost forgot another name that would add some affordable secondary scoring... Jussi Jokinen (only if the Hurricanes find themselves out of contention as they have been playing much better lately!)

Here's another LW with good speed and reliable for 15-20 goals that could be had for Caron + Campbell + Bruins first round pick in 2011 (maybe less?)

Seguin could finally have regular shifts at Center and we'd have real talent on all 4 lines... and, it would save some money if I did the math correctly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Campbell should be the Bruins 4th line center for a very long time. Caron is a pick by Chiarelli as some of his picks have been iffy so I don't see Peter trading Jordan. The most I would give for Jokinen is a 2nd rounder and not the pick we have from the Wild that just might turn out to be a dandy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

That's all you would give? Dang, I think any one of the names I mentioned would command a much bigger price than a 2nd rounder!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Moulson is worthless to the Bruins.  He's not an upgrade over any of the wingers we have.  Wheeler's on the fourth line right now, but you put him on NYI playing 20 minutes a game and he could probably put up 25 goals as well.  The last thing this team needs is another average or above average forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins have to get scoring depth. How many times has Savard given Horton gifts on the door step ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'll take 12 15-goal scorers over Sidney Crosby any day...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Jokinen has been on fire for the Canes lately!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

With Savard out, I'd rather see PC make a deal sooner rather than later... lots of good secondary scoring in the 2011 UFA market.

I still like Scottie Upshall and Jussi Jokinen... how about Curtis Glencross?

Sections
Shortcuts