What would you pay Marchand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: What would you pay Marchand?

3yrs- $9mill sounds about right. Then if he's still producing extend him in his final year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: What would you pay Marchand?:
    [QUOTE]Absolute tops 3 mil a year. Hey, everybody and Marchand and his agent - we only have a 1 year sample and like a billion other guys we might be asking 'whatever happened to that guy' 3 years from now.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    BH, when that 1 year sample includes a Cup ring ang being a stud in the finals, it tilts the scales a little bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't see Marchand getting physically damaged, but he's a bad breakup away from falling into Sean Avery territory.  In two years, if he shows he can be held to the line most of the time and be the player he was in the finals, great.  On a three year sample, I'd say give him second line winger money - $4M.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I keep forgetting that he's a rookie and will certainly get better. He has more offensive skill then I thought he ever would. Not comparing the two, but it's hard to fathom that Seguin is about 3.5 years younger then Brad. Barring the unexpected, this team should be in good shape for awhile.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Someone who can produce like this in the playoffs deserves good money!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

I'd pay him to keep his shirt on. No one wants to see a naked smurf.

Oh....you mean for next season.

Talk about over paying him, you guys! 3mil? No way. 2 mil. 2.5 TOPS. It's only his rookie season and you never know if the sophomore slump will affect him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Someone who can produce like this in the playoffs deserves good money!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

So now your a fan of Thomas's contract?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]BB, usually you are pretty good, but on Marchand i would prefer the 4 yr 3.5 kind of deal. He not only has good hands, but he is tough. He has the " character" that PC loves. His puck control is much better than many more experienced Bruins. Remember, he is an RFA, and could wait out a low bid which his agent should advise.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

No way the Bruins bid low, and no way Marchand waits it out.  Too much love going in here right now.  Nobody wants to the the one to ruin it.  Chialrelli has a history of rewarding young RFA's who perform with nice extensions.  Marchand will be no different.  3 years 3 per, which is less than Bergeron singed his first extension for, IIRC. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you pay Marchand? : So now your a fan of Thomas's contract?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

ILH he has always liked thomas's contract. lucaooo just didnt like tim thomas play in the playoffs haha. my sig 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

2.8 x 4 if I was management. That is still 11+ million (i.e. set for life) and you've bought out only a year of UFA status. He can still get his big payday after that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

whatever pc decides to give him, there should be a clause in his contract that he's not allowed to rap in public.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

"http://"www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you pay Marchand? : If he can corral the BS, I'll be thrilled.  As he plays now, I would prefer he played elsewhere.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You seem to be taking the extreme here my friend and judging him on some of the stupid things he's done which is the same thing as someone overeacting and thinking he's an elite player because he scored 2 goals in a stanley cup final game 7. Somewhere in the middle is a well rounded 2nd line player, with speed, grit, and skill that I'm sure a lot of teams and I would prefer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

I remember when there was a thread about who Marchand reminded people of!  I was the only one who put Theo Fluery!  He looked more like theo than anyones elses comparions in the finals!
    Get him locked up!  Give him Recchis money!  4 years 11 million

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I remember when there was a thread about who Marchand reminded people of!  I was the only one who put Theo Fluery!  He looked more like theo than anyones elses comparions in the finals! Get him locked up!  Give him Recchis money!  4 years 11 million
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]
    Really? because I saw many writers comparing him to Linesman(my personal choice).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

4 year deal is too much. give him 2 years, 2.2-2.4 per, let him establish himself as what he showed he could be over the last 60 or so games of the season, and then try to buy out a bunch of his free agent years. 5 years 20 mill for his 3rd contract if he continues to progress. The other way to look at things is that if the cap continues to go up as much as it has been lately, it might be worth it to give him long years now. if you give him 5 years at 16 million now, 3 million might not be as big of a deal in 3 or 4 years

Sections
Shortcuts