What's gonna happen to 1st Line ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

What's gonna happen to 1st Line ?

The Bruins top line just got shut down by their most hated rival. There has been no excuses why and no explaination as to why?  Do you really think the B's brass would dare bring them back together if the Dreaded Habs have the formula for this shut down. Back to my old days the B's pulled a shocking trade shipping out the beloved Esposito for the hated Brad Park. That said in my crystal ball I just saw Dave Krejci being traded. Can't see for who though..   The fact is that Soder is waiting in the wings. He's capable and should be a first or second line player. Bergy is going nowhere so that leaves D.K.  He's there big chip to acquire another solid D or that quick striking fwd they need.  Hate this prediction if you like and rip me up about it when you got the time but mark my words it's going down. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Re: What's gonna happen to 1st Line ?

Marco , Maybe they'll get another Loui. But seriously do you think they'll sign Iggy and come back with the same exact line?  What would they say if they played the Habs again and lost with the same exact line intact.?  They're not going to do it?  I believe in this trade they'll land the best player in the trade this time unlike their last trade.  Otherwise your in for another year of ranting.,,  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Move flaky Loui to 1st line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That's what will likely happen but it wont exactly make the line any more productive unfortunately...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That's what will likely happen but it wont exactly make the line any more productive unfortunately...

Look at the bright side it will torture Marco. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only ? about that top line at the moment is if Iggy's coming back....

come October, Krejci & Looch will still be on it....

Soda looks good centering the third line....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

What do they do? They keep it the exact same. They slumped at the wrong time, but I'd hope the bruins brass don't judge a line from a week and a half oh hockey. It's not like they didn't get chances. The bruins have made two deep playoff runs, both times krejci led the entire league in points. But sure, let's trade him, ignoring a large sample size and focusing on a small sample size with a 28 year old player because soderberg played well for 2 months. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

What do they do? They keep it the exact same. They slumped at the wrong time, but I'd hope the bruins brass don't judge a line from a week and a half oh hockey. It's not like they didn't get chances. The bruins have made two deep playoff runs, both times krejci led the entire league in points. But sure, let's trade him, ignoring a large sample size and focusing on a small sample size with a 28 year old player because soderberg played well for 2 months. 

Stop making sense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

I disagree . If they had lots of chances and got stonewalled by price Id see your point. But from what I saw they barely got any chances at all. They were completely shut down the whole series.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:

I disagree . If they had lots of chances and got stonewalled by price Id see your point. But from what I saw they barely got any chances at all. They were completely shut down the whole series.  

Iginla only hit like 70 posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

There you go again. I said stop it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not going to put a 7 game series loss on one line or one player. I doubt management will either. I don't have a clue what they will do, but I trust PC to do the best he can.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

Not listen to some Montreal fans advice. Especially one with 5 different screen names.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

You know what. If the krejci line had 0 shots in the series trading him would still be dumb. Dale weise had a great series. Give him 6 mill while you're at it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In games 2 thru 5 Iggy only had 3 shots on net so he must have hit 40 posts in those games. Lucic only had 2 shots on net in the crucial last 3 games. the reality is they were horrible and there's no getting around it. This isn't some1 saying dump D.K.  I just think if B's Brass determine Soder too good to be  3rd liner then they may package D. K. And bring in something better. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I'm not going to put a 7 game series loss on one line or one player. I doubt management will either. I don't have a clue what they will do, but I trust PC to do the best he can.

I'm not blaming them for the whole thing. Certainly the young D made the key blunders in the series. Personnally I'm shocked they'd be thinking of bringing Iggy back. To me age is a huge factor especially in the playoffs. As far as D. K. All I'm saying is he will go in a package for something better. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I'm not blaming them for the whole thing. Certainly the young D made the key blunders in the series. Personnally I'm shocked they'd be thinking of bringing Iggy back. To me age is a huge factor especially in the playoffs. As far as D. K. All I'm saying is he will go in a package for something better. 

Something better than a guy who fits the system and has led the nhl in playoff points 2 of the last 5 years at a 5.25 cap hit? Regale us with your Stanley like plan. 

As for age, ya recchi didn't do anything in the playoffs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Something better than a guy who fits the system and has led the nhl in playoff points 2 of the last 5 years at a 5.25 cap hit? Regale us with your Stanley like plan. 

As for age, ya recchi didn't do anything in the playoffs

My luck and St. Louis will probably get game winner tonight and my old timer comment will really haunt me.   Oops . Forget that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

I totally agree ..... we made him look so much better.  

Shots aren't all of the chances.  It was a slump.  As I posted elsewhere on here, it was already in full swing vs. Detroit - 6 ES goals in 5 games.  That's a slump, team-wide.  Caron and Florek out-scored all of the regular forwards at ES except Fat and Elvis. The only line that really did score 5 on 5 vs. Detroit was Fat Elvis.  When Krejci's slump infected his wingers, they all hit a wall.  Nothing to do with Montreal or a magic formula.

[object HTMLDivElement]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Sorry, stonewalled they were not. Chances, they had plenty. I think it was 12 hit posts over the 7 gamesand I cannot remember all the open nets they missed. Price was not the problem. Chances were not the problem. They just could not put the puck in the net. If they had scored on 1/3 of their misses, we'd not be having this conversation. Yes, I know, IF is the biggest word in the Funk & Wagnalls.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Fans who want to trade Krejci are delusional.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I,m hoping CJ isn't so strict with his lines & during the regular season switches them up a little so during playoffs when a line is bein shut down he has some thoughts of different line combos. Or in cases like a hot Soderberg/Eriksson he doesn,t have to go to the AHL for a LW. Wouldn't it have been nice to drop a Lucic down or maybe a Marchand to a hot combo maybe get him going. Way to strict in his lines for my liking. He has 9 good forwards but also line 1 line 2 line3.

Sections
Shortcuts