What's is wrong with Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What's is wrong with Boston?

I could not make it down for the parade, so I thought the next best thing would be the Development camp.

Booked my flight and hotel; the hotel near Burlington Mall is just 5.5 miles from Ristuccia Arena but there is a problem.

There is no direct or semi-direct method of public transportation to get to the arena. No bus service whatsoever. Burlington buses don't run into WIlmington and Wilmington has no bus service.

To get there, I have to take the 350 or 351 bus to Alewife Station, take the subway down to North Station and then grab the Lowell train up to Wilmington Station and then walk 1.5 miles to the arena. What the hell is going on?

Only 5 miles away, and the only way to get there is a 2 hour and 15 commute around hell's half acre?

Now that the Bruins are fixed, it's time to fix your transit system.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: What's is wrong with Boston?

Work a rental into your budget some how ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

RE-book a hotel in Wilmington , no ?
    Doubletree ? Hilton ? or even Hampton Inn ? Maybe they have a serive to pick you up if it's not too far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

or call them

http://local.limousinesofamerica.com/Livery_Cabs_Arlington_MA-r1177416-Arlington_MA.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Wheat, Massachusetts is a Commonwealth, which means 351 individual fifedoms. No county-wide or regional planning, etc. to speak of. I'm surprised some towns haven't put up walls and dug moats around themselves. :P

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky10. Show eyeinthesky10's posts

call a taxi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

walk... its only five miles...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In order to get around on 16th century cow paths all you have to do is think like a 16th century cow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Transit between Wilmington and Burlington have nothing to do with "Boston".

Take a taxi or rent a car.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

seobrien for the win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

So, I suppose every local rink in Canada has a public transit stop right in front of it.... how about doing some research before you travel and make proper arrangements?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: What's is wrong with Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Wheat, Massachusetts is a Commonwealth, which means 351 individual fifedoms. No county-wide or regional planning, etc. to speak of. I'm surprised some towns haven't put up walls and dug moats around themselves. :P
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

They call it Cambridge. Seriously I lived in Everett (pretty much right next to Cambridge minus a small strip of Somerville) and there was zero way to get to Cambridge from Everett without first going into Boston and making at least 1-2 line switches.

If they could figure out how to make a 25 ft cement wall with barbed wire look beautiful Cambridge would build one

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]So, I suppose every local rink in Canada has a public transit stop right in front of it.... how about doing some research before you travel and make proper arrangements?
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wheat, walk the line has the real answer. we grew up in the area, and there is zero central planning, with the "big DIG " explosive millions the result of politics in Massachusetts. I lived in 12 States during an active business career, and the easiest public transit was New York City, as long as you lived in the city. Local bus service, as in Toronto, is nowhere to be found, particularly in Massachusetts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Since you can afford a flight+hotel+meals+etc... call a taxi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You should get there in 5-10 minutes direct from A to B

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to What's is wrong with Boston?:
    [QUOTE]I could not make it down for the parade, so I thought the next best thing would be the Development camp. Booked my flight and hotel; the hotel near Burlington Mall is just 5.5 miles from Ristuccia Arena but there is a problem. There is no direct or semi-direct method of public transportation to get to the arena. No bus service whatsoever. Burlington buses don't run into WIlmington and Wilmington has no bus service. To get there, I have to take the 350 or 351 bus to Alewife Station, take the subway down to North Station and then grab the Lowell train up to Wilmington Station and then walk 1.5 miles to the arena. What the hell is going on? Only 5 miles away, and the only way to get there is a 2 hour and 15 commute around hell's half acre? Now that the Bruins are fixed, it's time to fix your transit system.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

TAKE A TAXI COST U 15 BUCKS  OR RENT A CAR FOR A DAY FOR 30$ PROBABLY YOUR BEST BET THEN YOU CAN GO SEE OTHER PLACES

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Work a rental into your budget some how ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That part of the budget is earmarked for Suffolk on Saturday.

If the outcome there is positive, I'll rent one right after.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wheat, If their is a pony even remotely close to the name "seobrien" bet it he wins this thread...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]So, I suppose every local rink in Canada has a public transit stop right in front of it.... how about doing some research before you travel and make proper arrangements?
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

Every one that I've ever seen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's is wrong with Boston? : Every one that I've ever seen.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

This is probably true and it's just as likely that it's easier to find public transit to a rink than a medical center. lol
    I love Canada! (that's not meant as a joke!)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You know what's in Wilmington?  The rink.

You know what else?  NOTHING.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to What's is wrong with Boston?:
    [QUOTE]I could not make it down for the parade, so I thought the next best thing would be the Development camp. Booked my flight and hotel; the hotel near Burlington Mall is just 5.5 miles from Ristuccia Arena but there is a problem. There is no direct or semi-direct method of public transportation to get to the arena. No bus service whatsoever. Burlington buses don't run into WIlmington and Wilmington has no bus service. To get there, I have to take the 350 or 351 bus to Alewife Station, take the subway down to North Station and then grab the Lowell train up to Wilmington Station and then walk 1.5 miles to the arena. What the hell is going on? Only 5 miles away, and the only way to get there is a 2 hour and 15 commute around hell's half acre? Now that the Bruins are fixed, it's time to fix your transit system.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Why dont you sleep at the arena with the Zamboni ...???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Sections
Shortcuts