No thanks to 8/$56M?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: What's Letang Smoking?

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

No thanks to 8/$56M?

He's looking for Crosby money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow. Well, he can force his way out of town, watch his numbers deflate since he wont be getting all those secondary assists and be forced to settle for much less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's good...but not that good

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Letang must have shared whatever he was smoking, with Ray Shero, for him to have offered that contract in the first place.

Pittsburgh fans must be happy that this guy said no, to that deal. Should be traded by Sunday, if Shero can find someone else stupid enough to think this guy is worth that kind of money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Selfish move holding out when they have more players to re-sign. Looking at capgeek, Detroit looks like a great fit for him both financially and on the ice. Maybe even NYR. If Pitt gives him 8 mil per, that's probably it for Iginla and Dupuis in a Pen shirt, but i don't know if they were planning on bringing Iginla back in the first place. Lots of drama to unfold between now and July 5..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Wow.... Im surprised. In the day and age of the CAP....not sure why some players think they deserve this amount of money. Teams are stupid to pay these amounts. It only straps them later in signing other players. Id rather have a well rounded team than over paying 3 or 4 guys with less caliber players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That is amazing.  With all of this talk about who got "exposed" in the playoffs, I find it remarkable that this offer was made (and declined!) after the 4-game torching that Letang was a part of earlier this month.  And he was a pretty big part of it to these eyes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He wants out that is for sure and yah Shero is crazy for offering that with this cap craziness.

Edit : "Kris is a little bit curious about where he stands long range in the Penguins' plans," he told TSN Radio. "He has read reports of mine that there are people within the Pittsburgh organization that thought Paul Martin was the better defenceman last year, and there has been a sort of a hesitation on a willingness to commit to him (Letang) to a long-term deal at elite defenceman money.

"I've been told that if the Penguins couldn't reach some sort of understanding with Letang, and the belief was they wouldn't be able to sign him to some sort of deal, that Toronto has emerged as a preferred landing spot - perhaps by Letang. It would be a place that he would be willing, if dealt, to perhaps sign a long-term deal."

Yes please go to Toronto!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In terms of salary, he turned down more than anyone not named Weber, Suter, Chara, Keith, Campbell, or Pronger, and only Weber, Suter and Campbell would have bigger annual cap hits.

Puff, puff

The only thing I can think that makes sense is that he's signed throguh this low cap year at $3.5.  If the Cap rockets right back up in a year, this is just crazy because he doesn't deserve elite money, not also because it's a handcuff with the low cap.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Having the Penguins implode works for me.  And I think that offere exposes Shero for the GM that he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Kris is a little bit curious about where he stands long range in the Penguins' plans," he told TSN Radio.

...and the agent doesn't know where Pitt stands long term?? They stand at about, oh, say... 7 million dollars a year for the next 8 years!! Kris, your agent is smoking some bad granola there, buddy! Maybe the Montreal public schools aren't too big on economics.

oh, and one more thing, Kris...you were awful against the Bruins

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

He wants out that is for sure and yah Shero is crazy for offering that with this cap craziness.

I think that about sums it up.

Unless Shero has a method to his madness and there's a reason to offer him crazy money, like making sure he goes to the few teams who have cap space (?).  WAG on my part.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Having the Penguins implode works for me.  And I think that offere exposes Shero for the GM that he is.

The days of trolls coming on BDC exlaiming that Shero is better than Chiarelli are over!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Letang has rocks in his head if he thinks he is worth Malkin and Crosby money. That being said it has been reported the Leafs are very interested and will probably overpay for his services.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What the holy heck? He turned down that? That's an overpay as it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

What the holy heck? He turned down that? That's an overpay as it is.

Red, will it still be an overpayment 5-6 years from now? The length is likely the issue. For the record, I think it's too much but I could see him accepting the amount per year if the length was cut in half. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Like winning the lottery 8 years in a row and still not being satistfied. Attitudes like this show why so many fans sided with the owners during the lockout.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Like winning the lottery 8 years in a row and still not being satistfied. Attitudes like this show why so many fans sided with the owners during the lockout.

Explain please because I think the opposite Han. It seems to me the owners have plenty of cash and always have. Should I be surprised if the owners attempt another rollback when the Cba expires because they're all so broke? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Bingo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Explain please because I think the opposite Han. It seems to me the owners have plenty of cash and always have. Should I be surprised if the owners attempt another rollback when the Cba expires because they're all so broke? 

I totally supported the players during the lockout. They were made to pay for the owners inability to manage their businesses. That's plain to see. But Letang's position is impossible to empathize with and gives the owners ammunition in which to beat the NHLPA out of the moral high ground.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

G.R.E.E.D. !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

CBC website article by E. Friedman says Letangs feelings were hurt so he won't sign for such a small amount. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I totally supported the players during the lockout. They were made to pay for the owners inability to manage their businesses. That's plain to see. But Letang's position is impossible to empathize with and gives the owners ammunition in which to beat the NHLPA out of the moral high ground.

We don't know the circumstances though. Maybe he just wants to play elsewhere like Staal did last summer. I'll be surprised if he holds out until he gets more money. My guess is that he will sign a deal like that somewhere else. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@RenLavoieRDS 14m

Kris Letang contract with Penguins. 8 years / 58 M (#58!) 7.25 AVV Limited no trade to 15 teams. #RDS

Apparently Letang switched brands or maybe went with Pineapple express...

Sections
Shortcuts