WHAT'S MORE IMPRESSIVE?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: WHAT'S MORE IMPRESSIVE?

In response to mryazz's comment:

1. the BRUINS 4 game sweep of the penguins, allowing only 2 total goals, or

2. the RED SOX 4 game comeback against the 2004 yank-ems?

Both, but your asking this in a Bruins forum where some if not most dont care about baseball anymore or never did.

Ask the same in the red sox forum and just reverse it.

You can go to the Patriots forum and ask which was more impressive, the shutdown of the Penguins or the Pats shut down of the greatest show on turf in 2001.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

1. the BRUINS 4 game sweep of the penguins, allowing only 2 total goals, or

2. the RED SOX 4 game comeback against the 2004 yank-ems?

not comparable 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Woah lol It is a bruins forums but dont you think any or all boston sports fans deserve to ask ? I mean if the guy was asking about the greatest sport feats of all time, comparing this years hockey to whenever years baseball or any other sport, i can see the  negative response, but hes asking as a Boston fan about boston sports.

Sheesh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't see any relation.  One was a downright beating, the other was a comeback.

Both were pretty darn enjoyable, however.

(You know, until we learned that the Sox sluggers were both all jacked up on the juice.)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't see any relation.  One was a downright beating, the other was a comeback.

(You know, until we learned that the Sox sluggers were both all jacked up on the juice.)

That's a question that a few us have had. Does any real Sox fan care that they were juiced, after they won those WS? After all those years of not winning, they finally did it against the hated Yankees. I doubt anyone wants to give it back for the 'good ' of the game.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Would'nt a more apt comparison be what was a more impressive feat - the Sox comeback or Philly's in 2010? Seems more comparable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

That's a question that a few us have had. Does any real Sox fan care that they were juiced, after they won those WS? After all those years of not winning, they finally did it against the hated Yankees. I doubt anyone wants to give it back for the 'good ' of the game.  

I was a total die-hard Sox fan.  I watched 100+ games every summer, catching at least a part of most games.  I called in sick on opening days.  I...I...I did everything a total die-hard can be expected to do.

Then the truth came out.

And I haven't intentionally watched a baseball game since.  Sometimes I'll catch and inning when I'm at a restaurant or the gym, but the last time I put a baseball game on at home was somewhere in 2008.

Frauds.  Liars.  Cheaters.

Thanks for the free summers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS right there with you - I used to love the game, I planned my summers around the Expos schedule, but between losing that team and more especially the doping, I just lost any interest in the sport.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I was a total die-hard Sox fan.  I watched 100+ games every summer, catching at least a part of most games.  I called in sick on opening days.  I...I...I did everything a total die-hard can be expected to do.

Then the truth came out.

And I haven't intentionally watched a baseball game since.  Sometimes I'll catch and inning when I'm at a restaurant or the gym, but the last time I put a baseball game on at home was somewhere in 2008.

In my early teens i could tell you the batting average on a daily basis of every Red Sox from Marty Barrett to Dave Stapelton. Very rarely did I miss a game, and i would stay up to catch the late edition of Baseball Tonight. Never, and I mean never did I miss a Peter Gammons Sunday notes column. Had a paper route, then a job as a bus boy and the second i got paid, it was off to the baseball card store. Stayed a fan until the steroids.

4 years ago I sold all my baseball cards and bought my wife a Denali. And I took a beating on all of them since many of them were Canseco,Clemens,Bonds cards etc..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey, do you think yaz gets more respect around the forums now that he's renamed himself "Mr"? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the big thing is the defining irony of the three championships in 3 sports.

2001, Patriots---they were dead. Then the tuck play. The rest is history.

2004, Red Sox--they were dead. down 0-3, then Roberts steal, Mueller's single, Big Papi delivers for a walk-off win, then the rest is history.

2013 Bruins--they were dead. down 4-1, 10 minutes to go game 7 v. Toronto. then the comeback and the rest is history.

All 3 teams were given heart paddles and resuscitated. All 3 were hit the flat line on the monitor--flat out in the case of the Pats and Bruins. Fumble, game over v. Raiders. B's down by 3 goals, no chance, somehow rally to tie it 4-4. Sox down by a run, bottom of the 9th, elimination game. They all have the second-life story. Hopefully B's can complete this trifecta.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Sox feat is the most impressive, juiced or not. The playing field was level. Good question though

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dannycater's comment

I think the big thing is the defining irony of the three championships in 3 sports.

2001, Patriots---they were dead. Then the tuck play. The rest is history.

2004, Red Sox--they were dead. down 0-3, then Roberts steal, Mueller's single, Big Papi delivers for a walk-off win, then the rest is history.

2013 Bruins--they were dead. down 4-1, 10 minutes to go game 7 v. Toronto. then the comeback and the rest is history.

All 3 teams were given heart paddles and resuscitated. All 3 were hit the flat line on the monitor--flat out in the case of the Pats and Bruins. Fumble, game over v. Raiders. B's down by 3 goals, no chance, somehow rally to tie it 4-4. Sox down by a run, bottom of the 9th, elimination game. They all have the second-life story. Hopefully B's can complete this trifecta.

"They were dead" is a good comparison. The obvious difference(s) are the Sox hadn't done anything for 86 years.

PS. PEDs don't do a damn thing to help a player catch up to 95 mile an hour fast ball. Suggesting that the Red Sox two recent championships are tainted is idiocy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have to disagree San. Steroids will definetly enhance bat speed. McGwire was a low 200 hitter. After, he's hitting home runs in the upper deck to the opposite field while hitting .300

You have Manny Ramirez in his prime on PED's and he is going to effect the outcome of a game more than say a Mark Lemke on PED's.

Unless none of them are using, it's never a level playing field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

PS. PEDs don't do a damn thing to help a player catch up to 95 mile an hour fast ball. Suggesting that the Red Sox two recent championships are tainted is idiocy!

What a joke.

Sammy Sosa

Mark McGwire

Barry Bonds

No one said anything about hitting 95 MPH fast balls.  Hitters on steroids can do a lot more than hitters not on steroids. 

Manny and Ortiz were both on the juice in 2004 and 2007.  Those World Series titles are as tarnished as the reputation of Barry Bonds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Wasn't Pujols juiced up when the Sox played St. Louis in the WS?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Used to love baseball & boxing! The roids/cheaters used roids & Don King ruined boxing! Hate both sports & got no use for anybody who can't be a superstar by working hard, but needs to cheat to help him get to the top, or to stay there. It's a total joke! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar  d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nite,

I think boxing was ruined by the Mayweather approach of winning on points coupled with no interesting heavyweights for the last 10+ years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

Then the truth came out.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I really would have thought the vast majority would just choose to ignore the 'cheating' after the fact. They were certainly not alone in doing 'Roids. If you did give up the Socks and Baseball because of it, you are a far betterman than I.

This might be similar, depends on your perspective, but after I found out that Bobby Clarke was sent out to break Karlamov's ankle in the 72 Series, I never looked at that team the same way. I still stand by them, but it took the shine off of that memory.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Wasn't Pujols juiced up when the Sox played St. Louis in the WS?

I don't think he has ever tested positive. I keep waiting for him and Miguel Cabrera to test positive. The final nail in the coffin for me was when Jason Giambi hit a one handed homerun off of Tim Wakefield. Wakefield pretty much just laughed as Giambi circled the bases.

Gew up idolizing players like Dale Murphy, Don Mattingly, Pete O'Brien (when the sox made their early season trip to Arlington, O'Brien ws always batting around .400) Will Clark,Ryne Sandberg,Cal Ripken etc...When it was a game, it was cool.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.