What's the Deal with MacDermid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What's the Deal with MacDermid

Anyone understand the rationale of having him take up a roster space? He obviously is not going to play for the B's, why not send him down? So what if someone claims him off waivers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: What's the Deal with MacDermid

1) He's real good at ordering food for post game.

2) He's the team masseuse.

3) He's also the team mascot, literally, he puts the bear suit on before games.

4) He's the locker room bouncer

5) There's no spot for him in Providence

But seriously, I think he's there as a "just in case" if someone gets sick on game day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't understand the purpose of having him on the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Neither can I. I am just wondering if I missed some vital information along the way as to why is is wasting a roster spot. Did he do PC's laundry during the lockout or what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously he's not playing, and is not considered a sniper or defensive expert, so why is he on the roster. Some of us feel that Thornton is in the same category, but, he is a cheerleader and his facial snarl is obviously helpful to the club's phsycological... [something]. Words cannot describe his value. In addition Pandolfo, who I've liked for his  willingness and PK capabilities, is fading due to the compressed schedule which should not limit some of his younger teammates. Add to this the fact that Claude has not used Johnson, except when forced to, and it opens up a management [ Benning] weakness or lack of focus. How can so many other clubs have young, AHL playing, defensemen [ Nashville, Ottowa] while Boston has a large number of "college" groomed players who Claude seems unwilling to utilize. There may be logical answers, like focus on forwards or goalies, but, it does raise questions. Cohen and Bartkowski have size; Bartkowski went on the pre-season trip to Prague, but has not, seemingly progressed; Krug actually looked good enough to play at the end of last season. Who or what is holding them back ? I've sometimes thought it is Claude, but he helped Marchand , Seguin, and now Hamilton. Plus, who decided to include Stuart in the Peverly trade ? Lots of questions even though the inkuries are unexpected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They did this with Boychuk and McQuaid before they became regulars.  Keep him with the team.  Get him to practice with the NHLers and see how the top tier guys work, prepare, conduct themselves.  I don't think it matters much where the guy "plays".  He's a black ace. 

Having him around fills out practices and game day skates in a shortened season, too.  Julien can give Chara, Bergeron, Lucic, etc. the day off and still have enough bodies to run through a few scenarios and drills.  And when they do line rushes, he Johnson have someone to pass back and forth with while the real players work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Anyone understand the rationale of having him take up a roster space? He obviously is not going to play for the B's, why not send him down? So what if someone claims him off waivers?

He hasn't played in enough NHL games or years in the league (service) to have to go through waivers. MacDermid is with the team just in case Thornton gets another concussion.

So the Bruins will have defensivly safe players like Pandolfo, Caron and Thornton until the trade market frees up. Hey al least MacD doesn't have to catch the bus to work, he's on a private jet.