What's the highest level you played?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: What's the highest level you played?

In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : That's a shame. (no sarcasm there). Have you ever contacted them to complain? Women's hockey has reached the level that it's absurd that not even the elite players are listed.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I'd never even noticed it until yesterday, never really bothered looking up non-pro teams on there before. Went to take a peak after dez mentioned it to see if either my wife's or my squads were there. Nada. Then checked for other majore leagues and nothing. Typed in Hayley's name and nothing. Only players I saw there were Cammi Granto (but not as a player, just as a coach) and Rheaume. Angela James isn't mentioned at all, and she's in the HHOF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Come to think of it, Wickenheiser's exclusion is odd just on the basis of her stint in Finland (right?) playing against men.  I figured Rheaume was there because of her tryout with Tampa, but then couldn't remember anything similar involving Granato.  Maybe she took Tony's spot on the Rangers for a couple of days?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ah, there we go - she was a mid-season replacement at assistant coach under some guy named Don Granato....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Played varsity hockey for from sophomore to senior, went to a D-1 Hockey East school tried to get on as a walk on and was cut for a guy who never played and i thought I was better.  Was asked to stay and play net while team was away and what not so injured or red-shirted players had a goalie to shoot on, I was mad and declined, looking back it was a huge mistake. Makes me love Tim Thomas that much more, when other said no he said yes.  Watching "Rudy" is tough.

Still play and play against great players. Last year in our league we had a game and on the other team was Amonte,Mcinnis and Mceachern. Amonte got me but I robbed him on a break away, the story gets better every time I tell it.My poor wife hears it in her sleep. Marty McInnis has an absolute rocket. Still love playing though with 4 kids, I told myself if it ever gets in the way of what they are doing, then I'll hang em up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Started skating as a Jr in HS then played goal in HS Sr.Yr, then straight into mens leagues for the past 22 yrs, B\C levels. Been fortunate to be playing with the same core guys for 18 yrs. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

House League- From Atom to PeeWee- Won Top goalie in 3 of 4 of those yrs.
    Bantam A- Got injured & played HL after Christmas. Top goalie in HL
    Bantam AAA as 3rd string & Bantam A the rest. Shared top goalie honors
    Midget A for 2 yrs. Shared top goalie in yr 1. yr 2 was a brutal season for me.
    3rd String Midget AAA. (Andrew McKim- he was 1st yr of Bantam age) took care of that. High School rest of the season.
    High School AAA- Lost back to back Provincal Championships.
    Senior AA-Backup & 3rd stringer- Went to Allan Cup
    Senior A- For 2 yrs won League Championship.
    Senior B- Good bunch of guys- Bad team
    Senior BB- Lost in 3rd round
    Senior C- Won Championship, but renigged on the 2nd yr my contract (total goon league) I was working & had a family. Not worth getting hurt for.  
    Beer League & Senior League caliber tournaments
    Went out for" Making the Cut" at the early age of 36. Next oldest to me was 26. Lasted 3 weeks. I had no illusions to making it. I just moved to Calgary & didn't know a soul. So I paid my $55 & played. Got some connections along the way & I'm still playing with some of these guys. 
    Stilll playing beer league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]House League- From Atom to PeeWee- Won Top goalie in 3 of 4 of those yrs. Bantam A- Got injured & played HL after Christmas. Top goalie in HL Bantam AAA as 3rd string & Bantam A the rest. Shared top goalie honors Midget A for 2 yrs. Shared top goalie in yr 1. yr 2 was a brutal season for me. 3rd String Midget AAA. (Andrew McKim- he was 1st yr of Bantam age) took care of that. High School rest of the season. High School AAA- Lost back to back Provincal Championships. Senior AA-Backup & 3rd stringer- Went to Allan Cup Senior A- For 2 yrs won League Championship. Senior B- Good bunch of guys- Bad team Senior BB- Lost in 3rd round Senior C- Won Championship, but renigged on the 2nd yr my contract (total goon league) I was working & had a family. Not worth getting hurt for.   Beer League & Senior League caliber tournaments Went out for" Making the Cut" at the early age of 36. Next oldest to me was 26. Lasted 3 weeks. I had no illusions to making it. I just moved to Calgary & didn't know a soul. So I paid my $55 & played. Got some connections along the way & I'm still playing with some of these guys.  Stilll playing beer league.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Hey Nite, what were your high school years? I was captain of KVHS in 86 and 87.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Played D-III for 4 years in the East... Biggest highlights include playing with/against Amonte, Tkachuk, Keith Carney, Ian Moran, Robbie Gaudreau, Bill Guerin, the Ferraro brothers, and Mike Grier.    Now that the "has been" years are long over, I'm only left with stories and this posting board.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukins. Show lukins's posts

Local youth and high school hockey, then 4 years at Stonehill D-II (really D-III). Ankle injury ended senior season short.  Never fully recovered from the injury, so no more playing for me. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : Hey Nite, what were your high school years? I was captain of KVHS in 86 and 87.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

hey!  you only said you played street hockey in Banff.

Come on and give us full disclosure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You should try playing against Al MacInnis, or his brothers who shoot just as hard, but drink harder! I saw our goalie's mask destroyed by a Paul MacInnis slapper. The goalie didn't use a modern molded mask, and regretted it.

[QUOTE]Played varsity hockey for from sophomore to senior, went to a D-1 Hockey East school tried to get on as a walk on and was cut for a guy who never played and i thought I was better.  Was asked to stay and play net while team was away and what not so injured or red-shirted players had a goalie to shoot on, I was mad and declined, looking back it was a huge mistake. Makes me love Tim Thomas that much more, when other said no he said yes.  Watching "Rudy" is tough. Still play and play against great players. Last year in our league we had a game and on the other team was Amonte,Mcinnis and Mceachern. Amonte got me but I robbed him on a break away, the story gets better every time I tell it.My poor wife hears it in her sleep. Marty McInnis has an absolute rocket. Still love playing though with 4 kids, I told myself if it ever gets in the way of what they are doing, then I'll hang em up.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]You should try playing against Al MacInnis, or his brothers who shoot just as hard, but drink harder! I saw our goalie's mask destroyed by a Paul MacInnis slapper. The goalie didn't use a modern molded mask, and regretted it. In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Billy Tibbetts cracked my Pro Masque and as I laid on the ice for a minute with a ringing sensation/sound in my ears he laughed. Pick up hockey and he is intentionally shooting pucks at peoples heads and checking people. Probably why he is banned from numerous rinks in the area. That and the fact that he is a total loser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : hey!  you only said you played street hockey in Banff. Come on and give us full disclosure.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    You asked for the "highest level" I played. Banff happens to be Canada's highest town. I figure you for a dwarf since that one went over your head.Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : You asked for the "highest level" I played. Banff happens to be Canada's highest town. I figure you for a dwarf since that one went over your head.

I am thankful for these good times when I do battle with a worthy adversary such as yourself rather than some troll.  One day I shall settle the score.

Banff is an inside joke amongst you Canadians, people outside the country don't get it, just like Yellow Knife.  I ask Canadians, hey, wouldn't Yellow Knife be a fun place to visit?  And they laugh.  And nobody understands this "and there's your uncle Bob' thing either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : I am thankful for these good times when I do battle with a worthy adversary such as yourself rather than some troll.  One day I shall settle the score. Banff is an inside joke amongst you Canadians, people outside the country don't get it, just like Yellow Knife.  I ask Canadians, hey, wouldn't Yellow Knife be a fun place to visit?  And they laugh.  And nobody understands this "and there's your uncle Bob' thing either.
    Sorry BH. I assumed from your Banff joke that you were familiar with the area because you nailed it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

High School.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Midget AAA Quebec league. Lac St. Louis Lions. Manny Fernandez was our goalie.

I played 6 games then injured my knee and the rest, as they say, is history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : Hey Nite, what were your high school years? I was captain of KVHS in 86 and 87.
    84-86. JMH. Kennebacasis eh, I'm sure we locked horns at some touney's over the yrs. Played against Kennebacsis a lot in Midget too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : 84-86. JMH. Kennebacasis eh, I'm sure we locked horns at some touney's over the yrs. Played against Kennebacsis a lot in Midget too. 
    I've no doubt we battled then Nite. You guys always had a pretty good team too.  Just for clarity, I wasn't the KVHS captain that made the news for beating up an opponent in the dressing room after they were both kicked out. He was named Captain the year after I left and also shortly after his Dad bought new gear for the hockey program. The guy was scum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : I've no doubt we battled then Nite. You guys always had a pretty good team too.  Just for clarity, I wasn't the KVHS captain that made the news for beating up an opponent in the dressing room after they were both kicked out. He was named Captain the year after I left and also shortly after his Dad bought new gear for the hockey program. The guy was scum.
    Ya know I must admit that I wondered, but thanks for the clarification. Maybe you can also clarify for me. Didn't that Captain end up in the hospital after he got his Askole handed to him outside the 3 mile Club? This would've happened in the late 80's early 90's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : I am thankful for these good times when I do battle with a worthy adversary such as yourself rather than some troll.  One day I shall settle the score. Banff is an inside joke amongst you Canadians, people outside the country don't get it, just like Yellow Knife.  I ask Canadians, hey, wouldn't Yellow Knife be a fun place to visit?  And they laugh.  And nobody understands this "and there's your uncle Bob' thing either.

LOL ;)

The joke, btw, is "Hey wouldn't Yellowknife be a cool place to visit?"

And no one up here understands the "bob's your uncle" thing either, we got it from the British and just say it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the highest level you played? : Ya know I must admit that I wondered, but thanks for the clarification. Maybe you can also clarify for me. Didn't that Captain end up in the hospital after he got his Askole handed to him outside the 3 mile Club? This would've happened in the late 80's early 90's.
    I think you're right. He actually wasn't tough at all. He had good size but was a pretty boy. I actually never saw him win a fight. My Dad still gets angry when he thinks about the time that the same kid broke his stick over an opponents back while he and I were Bantam teammates. The guy's dad started freaking out in defense of his son and my old man and him almost came to blows after Dad told him there's no good excuse for that garbage on the ice.  Our coach added an extra week to the suspension the league handed out so it appeared he and the old man saw things the same way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

College Baseball for me--- (shortstop)--- Back in Mid 80's.

Up until about 6 years ago played in an Adult Street Hockey League, but moved to Texas and they don't have any leagues here of that kind.  Scored the winning goal in our league Championship (the only time our team made it) back in 2002--- it was a shorty--- played Defense--- took a wicked slapshot from right inside the blue line-- went off opposing d-man helmet and went into the net--lol.