what's up with carcillo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what's up with carcillo?

he's been pretty quiet so far. i was expecting him to be his ever-annoying, instigating self. gotta feeling tonight he'll be at his best (and by best i mean worst). this guy loves to be the villian, hard to do that in your own venue. he feeds off it. thank god the sheriff is in town! can't have him dragging horton/lucic to the box with him- let it be hnidy. he's just been too quiet, something's got to give 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Re: what's up with carcillo?

He probably doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize his ad deal with Geico...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to what's up with carcillo?:
    he's been pretty quiet so far. i was expecting him to be his ever-annoying, instigating self. gotta feeling tonight he'll be at his best (and by best i mean worst). this guy loves to be the villian, hard to do that in your own venue. he feeds off it. thank god the sheriff is in town! can't have him dragging horton/lucic to the box with him- let it be hnidy. he's just been too quiet, something's got to give 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Good points adk...I gotta believe the Flyers will change their approach a bit and try to bring a more nasty level to their play.  They desperately need a win and they need someone to disrupt the first line as well as TT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

It seems like he is not getting as much ice time lately. The more he is on the bench, the better it is for the Bruins. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

In Response to Re: what's up with carcillo?:
    In Response to what's up with carcillo? : Good points adk...I gotta believe the Flyers will change their approach a bit and try to bring a more nasty level to their play.  They desperately need a win and they need someone to disrupt the first line as well as TT.
    Posted by hangnail

the problem with that approach, and one of the reasons the B's match up well with the Flyers, is that the B's big guys play better when they're pissed off. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I HOPE the Flyers try to get nasty. Altus is 100% correct....the only concern moving forward with this series is effort and mental lapses. Nothing brings out the best in the Bs than a chippy opponent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

philly does have a rep as being a tough physical team. but your probably correct altus, they don't want to stir the B'S nest. the B's are almost untouchable when they have that snarl to their game. i guess that makes the flyers light heavyweights to the B's heavyweights. i think an injured pronger might be a small factor also. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Flyers are going to want to mix it up in order to try get the B's to take retaliatory penalties.  Flyers PP can win them games.  B's PP is non-existent so the Flyers have nothing to lose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"thank god the sheriff is in town!"

As Shup said perfect series for him to join as it is will get real nasty especially when the Bruins go up tonight. I want Versteeg and Richards hit all night!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinslovah5. Show bruinslovah5's posts

Flyers are going to want to mix it up in order to try get the B's to take retaliatory penalties.  Flyers PP can win them games.  B's PP is non-existent so the Flyers have nothing to lose.
    Posted by hangnail

Gheeze, I hadn't thought of that! I, like others, was thinking "go ahead and get the boys riled up and see where that gets ya!" BUT, with the inconsistent and soft officiating, it could get US in the penalty box. And as far as PPs, can't we just decline them, like in football??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

that's why i'm surprised they haven't played a chippier(i don't think this is even a word) game so far. there is no fear of a boston pp. if the pp gets rolling, the b's will be unstoppable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it also has to do with Laviolette's style.  He has never been a big fan of fighting or rough stuff, which was interesting when he came to the Flyers.

It's also playoff hockey.  The Flyers have a ton of talent and I'm sure they don't want them held back by side show guys like Carcillo.

That said, I agree with the posters above -- expect to see more of it tonight.  With the B's powerplay being so pitiful, there is not much incentive for playing clean hockey.  I expect Carcillo and everyone else to be playing chippy hockey and getting after the Bruins.

Hope they're ready.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

an angry boston bruins, is an effective boston bruins. proven that many times this year. ask dallas and montreal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Carcillo played in 57 games this season and had 4 goals and 2 helpers and a minus 14. He isn't playing because he isn't very good. Spent a number of games in the press box this year. Laviolette does not seem to be a fan of his.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thing is, i remember him being much more of an instigator during last years series. constantly yapping and slashing and diving.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Carcillo played in 57 games this season and had 4 goals and 2 helpers and a minus 14. He isn't playing because he isn't very good. Spent a number of games in the press box this year. Laviolette does not seem to be a fan of his.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I agree.Carcillo is not a good hockey player.He couldn't crack the B's lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Posted by WalkTheLine

and ... Carcillo is watched by the officials as he's a big part of the Flyers' reputation for playing dirty.  As the series moves to Boston, do the Flyers really want Carcillo to stir the Bs up on their home ice?  Wouldn't they want to keep the crowd out of the game?  The Bs play better when they're ticked at someone and the Flyers are not that tough outside of Pronger, who may not play, Shelley, who's a bum (witness his boarding penalty on McQuaid who baited him big time), Hartnell, who's not that tough, and O'Donnell.  Be careful what you wish for, Philly, ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

philly does have a rep as being a tough physical team. but your probably correct altus, they don't want to stir the B'S nest. the B's are almost untouchable when they have that snarl to their game. i guess that makes the flyers light heavyweights to the B's heavyweights. i think an injured pronger might be a small factor also. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I think you hit the nail on the head...........Flyers are simply a different team without Pronger in their lineup.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts