Whats up with Kovalchuk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Whats up with Kovalchuk?

Reports are he might be staying inthe KHL, they even just put a revised line up out for the KHL All-Star game this weekend..Apparently, Kovalchuk is stating he needs to see the new agreement...wow

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413143

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Whats up with Kovalchuk?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ilya-kovalchuk-still-listed-khl-star-only-nhl-135949186--nhl.html

"Via Tom Gulitti of Fire and Ice, some additional info from Russian sources:

Pavel Lysenkov of Sovietsky Sport spoke with Vladimir Shalaev of the KHL, who explained why Kovalchuk is still scheduled to play in the game.

"The CBA will not be signed until Sunday, Shalaev told Lysenkov. "So Kovalchuk (has) no employment relationship with the NHL, and he is going to Chelyabinsk. ...We are disappointed that all the other NHL stars were quick to go to North America. ...  Will Kovalchuk play in the KHL till the end of this season? Do not hurry up. Wait till Sunday "

Again, all signs point to Kovalchuk returning to the Devils for camp and the start of the NHL season. New Jersey has said it has no reason not to expect Kovalchuk back. It's hard to imagine the IIHF allowing Kovalchuk to stay in Russia, given the transfer agreement between the two leagues."

Daly stated he expects Kovalchuk back, so do I. This to me is more about the KHL wanting their stars not to jump so quickly. Why would Kovalchuk walk away from all that money ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Vishnoski ( spelling ? ) of the Islanders has told them that he will not be returning to the NHL  either and that he will stay in the KHL. Although I expect Kovalchuck to return to the Devils, it wouldn't surprise me to see more players have this type of backlash against the NHL. Ovechkin even admitted he thought about staying in Russia. It has been reported that the KHL is making it very difficult for players to return by the NHL by offering more money and more incentives to stay in the KHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Makes the decision to draft them even more difficult.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

OV is qouted as saying some Russians had a meeting about staying in the KHL. It hinges largely on what the new CBA will look like, most notably if existing contracts are reduced in the new CBA.

According to OV:

"If the deal was, if they a™re going to cut our contracts, probably I'™ll stay there, Ovechkin said of the conversation. œI have 10 years [left on his contract] and if they were going to cut my contract for five years and 24 per cent, I'd rather stay home and play for my family and friends."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/khl-declares-war-on-nhl-contracts/article7082832/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

First thing that crossed my mind was that if he stayed, this would be a huge plus for the Devils.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Players signed to NHL contracts shouldn't even have the option of staying overseas or leaving the NHL for another league, imo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Bisson, I thought they didn't have that option?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just a thought about this situation. How will the Devils fans react to Kovalchuk if and when he comes back ? These actions can't be going over too well with some of them.

e.g. See Tim Thomas and the Bruins fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a thought about this situation. How will the Devils fans react to Kovalchuk if and when he comes back ? These actions can't be going over too well with some of them.

e.g. See Tim Thomas and the Bruins fans. 

[/QUOTE]

Nice comparison Chowda!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What Devil fans ? They can't even sell out playoff games lol. I get the point but I would not be in total shock if New Jersey moved one day.

Oh and Pavel Datsyuk is going to play in the KHL all star game Sunday as well. They are both going to be in great shape when they return next week. So what if they miss a couple of days of training camp. If the Bruins had a Russian stud veteran I would say the same thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What Devil fans ? They can't even sell out playoff games lol. I get the point but I would not be in total shock if New Jersey moved one day.

Oh and Pavel Datsyuk is going to play in the KHL all star game Sunday as well. They are both going to be in great shape when they return next week. So what if they miss a couple of days of training camp. If the Bruins had a Russian stud veteran I would say the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have an issue with Kovy staying for the All-Star game. Matter of fact I was kind of hoping Chara would've went & we can see once & for all who actually has the hardest shot! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Red Wings gave Datsyuk their blessings for this game. Datsyuk has never stated he'd rather stay in Russia.

Kovalchuk on the other hand.............

If the Bruins had a Russian stud who wanted to play elsewhere when he had a multi year contract with the Bruins, fans would be pissed. A slap in the face to Boston.

Heck, all TT wanted to do was not play at all, bunker up and wait for the end of the world. The result ? Bruins fans angry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE] In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] The Red Wings gave Datsyuk their blessings for this game. Datsyuk has never stated he'd rather stay in Russia.

If the Bruins had a Russian stud who wanted to play elsewhere when he had a multi year contract with the Bruins, fans would be pissed. A slap in the face to Boston.

Heck, all TT wanted to do was not play at all, bunker up and wait for the end of the world. The result ? Bruins fans angry.[/QUOTE]

Big difference Thomas knew he was going to being traded so he put a stop to with a concocted story between he and Bill Zito. No where has it been mentioned that Kovalchuk was going to be traded and Kovalchuk has not stated that he is indeed staying and not returning, he just wanted to finish the season but knew he couldn't becuase of his contract.

Media garbage to the las

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE] In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] The Red Wings gave Datsyuk their blessings for this game. Datsyuk has never stated he'd rather stay in Russia.

Heck, all TT wanted to do was not play at all, bunker up and wait for the end of the world. The result ? Bruins fans angry.[/QUOTE]

Big difference Thomas knew he was going to being traded so he put a stop to with a concocted story between he and Bill Zito. No where has it been mentioned that Kovalchuk was going to be traded and Kovalchuk has not stated that he is indeed staying and not returning, he just wanted to finish the season but knew he couldn't becuase of his contract.

Media garbage to the las

[/QUOTE]

Big difference ? I agree. Thomas has said he won't play this year at all while Kovalchuk wants to play for another team ( albeit in Russia ). The latter is worse !

And the underlined above, has Thomas come out and said this himself ?