What's up with Stuart?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Re: What's up with Stuart?

I just think with all of our D men healthy and playing well, might as wll rest Stuart as much as possible and play him  when needed, the Bruins are winning ,so why rush him in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with Stuart?:

I agree with BRR, but there's a small chance he may end up in a trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to What's up with Stuart?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone hear why Stuart continues to sit in the press box ? Does he still have a niggly injury ? Are they throwing him in a trade deal ? Are they waiting for a D man to have a bad game to rotate Stuart into play ?  Just curious ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    I think 1. He is still hurt. 2. All the D-men are playing pretty solid right now and the B's seem to be gelling. Unfortunately it is Stuart that is the off man out right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

i think there is a 100% chance he gets dealt, Mcquaid plays the same game at 1/3 the cost

Stuart could fetch us a 3rd round pick or prospect

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]i think there is a 100% chance he gets dealt, Mcquaid plays the same game at 1/3 the cost Stuart could fetch us a 3rd round pick or prospect
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

PC would have to be a fool to trade Stuart for a 3rd round pick.  Stuart has been injured this year, but in the past he has been a solid shut down defender.  He is a legit NHL talent.  Having 7 NHL ready d-men come playoff time will be a blessing.  And someone is bound to get injured between now and then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

306 has it right. They need Stuart even if it is just for comfort level in the event of an injury to one of the top tier defenseman. The Bruins have lucked out pretty good with defenseman from the farm team but I think the Providence defense well is close to dry. So I say keep Stuart for the stretch run as the games from here on are going to be tougher and Stuart is a tough solid defenseman who can take it and give it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]306 has it right. They need Stuart even if it is just for comfort level in the event of an injury to one of the top tier defenseman. The Bruins have lucked out pretty good with defenseman from the farm team but I think the Providence defense well is close to dry. So I say keep Stuart for the stretch run as the games from here on are going to be tougher and Stuart is a tough solid defenseman who can take it and give it.
    Posted by FP4877[/QUOTE]

Decent point. Problem i think is Stuart doesn't want to sit. When you have a disgruntled player on the sides , it is not good for the rest of the team

Can't blame him since this is his contract year. 

Best to trade him for everyones sake

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I like Stuart, but he gets injured a bit too much for my taste, and has little to no offensive game (we have quite a few of these guys). Seeing him get dealt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, as we'd likely get something decent for him (whether it be a draft pick or two, and/or a player/prospect).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

One problem is that he is overrated..Has been since college..Good solid D-man who does not posses one ounce of offensive skill.Package him in a deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]One problem is that he is overrated..Has been since college..Good solid D-man who does not posses one ounce of offensive skill.Package him in a deal.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    If you're correct in you're assumption that he's overrated(I disagree)then what would you expect to get in return for him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I think that he was rushed back before he was 100% when Ference got hurt.  Didn't he start playing shortly after he was cleared to practice with the team?  Now with Ference back, Stuart can sit until his hand and conditioning are back to pre-injury levels.  Cap space will not be an issue, especially if Savard goes on LTIR, so there is no reason to trade him.  Injuries almost always happen down the stretch, so it is good to keep seven capable D-men. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I said package him...not expecting much either way...maybe some team in need of a stay at home d-man will see value in him. I'm pretty sure when he was drafted more offense was expected of him...not his strength, but again, too little on that front.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Given where he was drafted I agree that he is overrated. KPD mentioned how the B's brass has been a little disappointed in his lack of developmet in the skilss and puck movement dept. A good defensive backliner who gives honest effort but certainly not the talent that was expected. Since Kampfer came on board i have believed Stuey will be traded. McQuaid does his job for much less money and Chia might be searching for a center because of Savard's uncertainty.