What's up with "This post has been removed." ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What's up with "This post has been removed." ?

This post has been removed.

So why do they say that?   Why not just delete it?

Anybody know what these were?

Are users being abusive, get reported and the post is replaced with 

Or is it null desperately trying to post?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: What's up with

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

BH, I know a few of them are remnants of a few non-vulgar, non-abusive replies I made to a particular poster who's feelings were obviously hurt. I can't tell you much about any others.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

It is when people like me, that have called Stanley a troll, and been reported via the "report abuse" function, try to post anything.

If this goes through, it will be the first one in a couple of weeks. There does not seem to be any way of knowing you are on "the list". Anything you try to post, simply do not appear.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The opposite of "This post has been removed" is having the trolls here like we had two years ago and before....No thank you! Very thankful mulitiple miggs has been cleaned up by BDC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know I got one that was non-abusive to the poster in question, but that disparaged Blake Wheeler, in a non-vulgar fashion. I think those happen when you're either banned or someone reports the post, regardless of the merit of the report.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From one extreme to the other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I know I got one that was non-abusive to the poster in question, but that disparaged Blake Wheeler, in a non-vulgar fashion. I think those happen when you're either banned or someone reports the post, regardless of the merit of the report.

Dissing the Big Wheel is a no no around here, it will lead to an attack from the "Wheeler Posse" !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

but that disparaged Blake Wheeler, in a non-vulgar fashion.

Mentioning Wheeler around here should be a violation..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Huge spike in removed posts recently.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Huge spike in removed posts recently.

Do you think YOUR BUDDY is still trying to make his way back into the forum ? 

I think he's still posting even though it's showing "post has been removed" to say " Badhab, I'm still here " just to get you thinking about him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And another post bites the dust on the propsects thread. Something about a poster having urination problems while sleeping. Uggggh ! Weak !

The mods decision making of what stays and what goes is comparable to Shanahan and his head scratchers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's bizarre.  I think maybe it's just automatic if someone complains.

Remember that JustinassSoccer posted and I used pretty strong language and that wasn't removed?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm thinking a Mother Theresa clone has been in charge of removing posts. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It's bizarre.  I think maybe it's just automatic if someone complains.

Remember that JustinassSoccer posted and I used pretty strong language and that wasn't removed?

You're correct sir. All it takes is for someone to report you claiming you've made a personal attack. Post is then deleted.

Debate, but don't attack. In a community full of opinions and preferences, people always disagree. Boston.com and BostonGlobe.com encourage active discussions and welcomes heated debate in our Forums and on our Articles. But personal attacks are a direct violation of this Agreement and are grounds for immediate suspension of your commenting privileges.

http://www.boston.com/help/message_board_rules/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're correct sir. All it takes is for someone to report you claiming you've made a personal attack. Post is then deleted.

And that bed wetting comment that was deleted was mine.  Probably reported by the same person that was reporting your posts.  It wasn't me on either occasion.

And it sucks, because that was one of my better posts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd say some were Stanley sending complaints, but definetly most of them are Null. Seems there is 2 to 3 a day. If I'm right, and that nut is still posting even though people can't see it, tells you how sick of an individual he is...I'm guessing therye still empty posts about O'Hallaron, Walkom etc..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And that bed wetting comment that was deleted was mine.  Probably reported by the same person that was reporting your posts.  It wasn't me on either occasion.

I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm just answering a question regarding why so many posts are disappearing. I know they aren't all mine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I liked today's quote a bit better. Although both were appreciated by me. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What is needed is for Badhab to do some Sherlock Holmes type of investigating on the missing posts. A kind of "who done it " thread .

He went to great lengths looking for info on Null. Whether it was correct or not is a story in itself.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BH, I know a few of them are remnants of a few non-vulgar, non-abusive replies I made to a particular poster who's feelings were obviously hurt. I can't tell you much about any others.

now that's about 45% of your posts LOL.... yu would already be at 18 000 if they didn't remove your abusive posts LMAO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

They either censor a post or delete the account.  I'd love to know the age and education level of the people who are scanning the threads making these decisions. It's so arbitrary.

That's what we're saying. There's nobody scanning the forums looking for problems. It's a matter of receive a complaint-delete the post. It's much easier than trying to deal with the countless complaints they receive on a case by case basis. They'd probably need to hire multiple people just to deal with the complaints on the Sox forum, let alone all of the rest of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

now that's about 45% of your posts LOL.... yu would already be at 18 000 if they didn't remove your abusive posts LMAO

I like to stay busy (and mean while I do it).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

What is needed is for Badhab to do some Sherlock Holmes type of investigating on the missing posts. A kind of "who done it " thread .

He went to great lengths looking for info on Null. Whether it was correct or not is a story in itself.  

that's only the half of it LOL.. remember I went to hockey game with him. BUT a good guy even though he's converting into a Vegan.  No hamburgers for him !

Sections
Shortcuts