What's With The Habs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What's With The Habs?

Am I right to be surprised that the Habs made no significant moves at the deadline?Hard to imagine they think they have a team ready to go for the Cup.Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: What's With The Habs?

don't be surprised dez...this is not the habs of old. last year was an abboration- an average team riding the hottest goalie in the league. this is the equivalent of "throwing in the towel", and i personally am loving every minute of it. the the second best team in the n/e is buffalo not hab's- wait and see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: What's With The Habs?:
    [QUOTE]don't be surprised dez...this is not the habs of old. last year was an abboration- an average team riding the hottest goalie in the league. this is the equivalent of "throwing in the towel", and i personally am loving every minute of it. the the second best team in the n/e is buffalo not hab's- wait and see.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I agree and couldn't be happier.I still thought they would do something if only to appease the fanbase.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Right on dez -- can't believe they didn't do more.  I guess Sopel is they guy to propel them in the playoffs...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

the damm thing is it doesnt seem to matter who puts that uniform on for them..they just seem to find a damm way to beat the bruins...happy bruins got another goalie..need depth just in case...he is young and  awesome stats. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I thought they would add Arnott.  They should have.  or at least Dumont.  Tough to match what the Caps gave:  Steckel and a 2nd?  Steep for a $4M rental.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

**** the fanbase, the've been spoiled for years. they still sell out every nite- its hockey in canada- the oilers sell out every nite!!! truthfully..i am a little surprised, but it says a lot to not make any move- the canadiens have lost, or are losing their mystique.  gotta love salary cap era hockey! btw...how is it the wings get the job done the way they do...it is pretty impressive! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I thought they would add Arnott.  They should have.  or at least Dumont.  Tough to match what the Caps gave:  Steckel and a 2nd?  Steep for a $4M rental.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

Exactly !  Montreal is frugal and will not depart with a roster player and pick or prospect.
    If things don't get better in Montreal all you'll hear coming out of there is negativity on why Gauthier didn't anything.
    The whole city had a long wishlist of players the Habs should go for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

I'm surprised they didnt add size, as well, but...they really don't have much in the way of assets to offer prospective trade partners and seriously compete with the offer LA made to EDM for D. Penner.  too bad, so sad - looks good on 'em

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

While any Bruins fan knows to never underestimate the Habs, they look like they are going to be in trouble for a while.  They are aging on the blue line, not to mention really beat up.  They have very little in the way of blue chip prospects.  They have virtually zero toughness.  I think they have shown a lot to be where they are right now, but I see the wind in there sails dying down and an early exit from the playoffs.  Draft is weak (I'm no expert) and there is not much out there this off season as far as free agency.  I know some of you posters are from CAN.  Am I way off with this assessment?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

That's what happens when the building is sold out every single night.  Sheeps go see them no matter what!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]While any Bruins fan knows to never underestimate the Habs, they look like they are going to be in trouble for a while.  They are aging on the blue line, not to mention really beat up.  They have very little in the way of blue chip prospects.  They have virtually zero toughness.  I think they have shown a lot to be where they are right now, but I see the wind in there sails dying down and an early exit from the playoffs.  Draft is weak (I'm no expert) and there is not much out there this off season as far as free agency.  I know some of you posters are from CAN.  Am I way off with this assessment?
    Nope,you are spot on with this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When I get confident in regards to the Habs not playing well, didn't make any moves at the deadline, unhealthy on the blueline etc. they just keep winning and staying within distance of the Bruins.

No matter who the franchise I hate more than the Yankees (well probably tied) does or doesn't do they somehow will be dangerous in the playoffs because of their speed and coaching. It troubles me to say anything nice about the Canadiens but it's the truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

[QUOTE]When I get confident in regards to the Habs not playing well, didn't make any moves at the deadline, unhealthy on the blueline etc. they just keep winning and staying within distance of the Bruins. No matter who the franchise I hate more than the Yankees (well probably tied) does or doesn't do they somehow will be dangerous in the playoffs because of their speed and coaching. It troubles me to say anything nice about the Canadiens but it's the truth.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Funny how the Yanks and Canadiens are kind of in the same position.  $$$$ will always bail out the Yankees though.  Aging stars.  Lack of depth in the rotation.  There farm is thinning out too.  God, I hate both, but my hatred for the Canadiens just barely edges that of the Yankees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's With The Habs? : Exactly !  Montreal is frugal and will not depart with a roster player and pick or prospect. If things don't get better in Montreal all you'll hear coming out of there is negativity on why Gauthier didn't anything. The whole city had a long wishlist of players the Habs should go for.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Can't believe I'm going to defend Montreal here but here it goes. They can't afford to depart with prospects and draft picks at this point in time. They're too old. They need to hope that this old team can do something so they can have their prospects grow and hopefully (for them, not for me) get some good prospects with the draft. ahhh yuck I just threw up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

B's fan for over 50 years and been thru too many disappintments with this rivalry. I prefer we don't meet them in any round and have them eliminated by someone else. The last game with all the physical domination will mean nothing in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]the damm thing is it doesnt seem to matter who puts that uniform on for them..they just seem to find a damm way to beat the bruins. 
    Posted by north1234[/QUOTE]

This is so true. I have to hate you for even bringing it up... and I was having a good day thinking the B's did one of the best jobs this year at deadline time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

We could face them in the first round.  Keep the game faces on and don't take the hated Habs for granted.  March 8th and 24th will be important games, regardless of Buffalo's rise, as was written earlier.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's With The Habs? : This is so true. I have to hate you for even bringing it up... and I was having a good day thinking the B's did one of the best jobs this year at deadline time.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

You mean like 2009 when B's swept them out of the playoffs like yesterdays trash?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]While any Bruins fan knows to never underestimate the Habs, they look like they are going to be in trouble for a while.  They are aging on the blue line, not to mention really beat up.  They have very little in the way of blue chip prospects.  They have virtually zero toughness.  I think they have shown a lot to be where they are right now, but I see the wind in there sails dying down and an early exit from the playoffs.  Draft is weak (I'm no expert) and there is not much out there this off season as far as free agency.  I know some of you posters are from CAN.  Am I way off with this assessment?

Exactly, I have not done my homework on Montreal but I think Montreal did not have much to offer.  There prospects are decent enough but they are right up to the cap.  The Montreal fans and media demand but the Canadien management probably were thinking more long term.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think they probably tried but things simply did not work out for them. After the deadline Gauthier said he could not find a trade that made sense which means asking prices were higher than he was willing to pay....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I smell defeat up in hab land. Penner was the piece that they really could of used. Im happy he went to LA.

They are 2 small and Carey will fall apart in the first round if they even make the playoffs imo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree on Price. I just don't see him channelling his "inner Halak" in the playoffs. His history is more one of folding under pressure not thriving....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Never count them out. Particularly when they play us. I'd rather meet anyone else in the 1st round.

Sections
Shortcuts