What's With The Habs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: What's With The Habs?

they did get mcyntire from the oil...hes a tough guy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Let's not take them lightly. Every game is important from now on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Be careful as a Bruins fans having pity on ANYONE.
    I love listening to this board after the Bruins play well...everyone gets so far ahead of themselves.  Remember history people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Being in a family of Hab fans I can tell you they arent happy.   Small, lack of scoring, avg def at best(with lots of injuries) a goalie who has been amazing this year but mentally doesnt appear tough enough, no toughness.

Playing role of Habs GM I would have attempted to trade for all of these players.
    Neil/Vandermeer/Penner

They needed sand paper in the lineup.  Neil can play the 3rd line.  Vandermeer is a good depth dman and is hard nosed.  Penner would have addressed size on the top 2 lines. 

They are in trouble.
    Price
    Gorges/PK
    Gionta/Cammalleri/Plekanec

these are their main pieces  Markov/Gill can walk. 

They really have no franchise player and they have no young players coming up.  I would worry if I were a Hab fan as well.

Boston has a top 5 team now.  And looks only to be getting better.  I mean our 3 centers of the future are all very young.  We also have a goalie of the future. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: What's With The Habs?:
    Being in a family of Hab fans I can tell you they arent happy.   Small, lack of scoring, avg def at best(with lots of injuries) a goalie who has been amazing this year but mentally doesnt appear tough enough, no toughness. Playing role of Habs GM I would have attempted to trade for all of these players. Neil/Vandermeer/Penner They needed sand paper in the lineup.  Neil can play the 3rd line.  Vandermeer is a good depth dman and is hard nosed.  Penner would have addressed size on the top 2 lines.  They are in trouble. Price Gorges/PK Gionta/Cammalleri/Plekanec these are their main pieces  Markov/Gill can walk.  They really have no franchise player and they have no young players coming up.  I would worry if I were a Hab fan as well. Boston has a top 5 team now.  And looks only to be getting better.  I mean our 3 centers of the future are all very young.  We also have a goalie of the future. 
    Posted by shuperman

I agree, Habs are in trouble. They will go only as far as Price can take them and don't look to have much coming up thru the ranks.

And I'm loving all of that...................

Only thing that concerns me is they somehow know how to turn it on in the playoffs.  It's uncanny how they rise to the occasion.  I still think they are dangerous in the playoffs, but on paper they don't seem too scary

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

LRH, i don't know about..."always turning it on in the playoffs", last year was an example of what everyone knows can happen, riding a hot goalie. the year before they were swept by the b's. let's not forget it has been nearly 20 years since the habs have hoisted the cup(1992).  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

With respect the Habs in 2011, the only thing I would worry about is the referees tendency to cave into the Scab fans ranting and begging for every call.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

mister... no kidding. we all know how "strong" the habs are on their skates, it's laughable.  in all honesty, the only bruin that blew over in a stiff breeze was savard. the b's don't "draw" penalties like many other teams...and i for one am thankful for it.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Just heard on MTL french radio that it also looks like Spacek is out for 6 weeks. He's not the best D-man but they're already thin on the blue line.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on y part but I'm still thinking they miss the playoffs. If they put together 3-4 losses, Carolina & NYR put together a few wins & Buffalo with their games in hand, it could line up!

Here's to hoping!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'd almost rather the habs make the playoffs and be swept in the first round(by the b's)...but either way as long as the outcome is b's win habs lose(or not make the dance), i'd be tickled pink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

they did get mcyntire from the oil...hes a tough guy
    Posted by bruins8
    They got drew macintyre from the thrashers, and he's a goalie prospect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Never count them out. Particularly when they play us. I'd rather meet anyone else in the 1st round.
    Posted by Espo72

i'd rather play em and sweep em. 09 was sweet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

i'd almost rather the habs make the playoffs and be swept in the first round(by the b's)...but either way as long as the outcome is b's win habs lose(or not make the dance), i'd be tickled pink
    Posted by adkbeesfan

So would I. As a B's fan I am not afraid of the playing the Habs in the playoffs this year. I think the time is right to crush them like a couple of years ago. Just playing them would probably be enough motivation for the team to play their best....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: What's With The Habs? : So would I. As a B's fan I am not afraid of the playing the Habs in the playoffs this year. I think the time is right to crush them like a couple of years ago. Just playing them would probably be enough motivation for the team to play their best....
    Posted by jmwalters

All true. I guess my passionate hatred for them got the best of me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: What's With The Habs? : You mean like 2009 when B's swept them out of the playoffs like yesterdays trash?
    Posted by 49thparallel

And then choked against Carolina because they acted like their season was a success?  Even when the B's beat Montreal, they lose.

I still remember the 2 Cups in 3 years run... don't see Montreal in '70, win Cup, Best Team on The Planet in '71- play Montreal, blow huge lead, no Cup, don't see Montreal in '72- win Cup.

I don't care how bad Montreal is, I'd rather not see them in the playoffs, period.  I dunno if it's because hockey is religion there but more often than not a Montreal team will play better than they are at playoff time while history has shown the opposite for the Bruins.

I'd be thrilled to see some other team dump the Scabs first round, thank you.

(PS, I can't decide whther I hate them worse than the Yank$ or not, still thinking...)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Better to play in the 2nd round and lose than to not play at all imo.  Better to have a goalie that doesn't negatively react to his own fans...when his team is getting blasted out of the playoffs...on home ice...with a broom.

You might not care about missing the playoffs but other Scab fans will get ulcers at the thought of da habs not playing in mid April.  It's a religion afterall...right?

The last time the B's and Habs met, the Habs got booed off home ice and then the ice was taken out.  Not a cup for the B's but the next best thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

apologies soxfaninil for referring to you as a scab fan, I re-read your post and you might be a B's fan who just likes to live in fear of the most obnoxious team in sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I'm sorry but does one really think the outcome of a playoff series played 40 years ago seriously factors into how a series might unfold today?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm sorry but does one really think the outcome of a playoff series played 40 years ago seriously factors into how a series might unfold today?
    Posted by misterpaulo

I certainly don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Posted by misterpaulo

this is my biggest pet pev on this forum. i realize your opinion is yours and u have right to express it but when the bruins nay sayers start to predict the bruins playoff futures and they use playoff series from series ago. the one your citing is even funnier cause it actually goes back 40 years, i was originally talking about some post that use 01/02 or 03/04 those teams have zero to do with this years team. the only one i will buy is maybe hangover that is leftover from Philly series last year but i would dispute that cause this bruins team is far better than last years squad. 
    Just as a sidenote Montreal is in trouble for a long time. i was looking at the breakdown of their salary cap situation its bleak. Do people realize that scott gomez made 8 million dollars last year for 12 goals 47assist 59 points and a pretty good playoff numbers 2 goals 12 assist in 19 games. also another 8 million for this years 7 goals 24 assist 31 points and  a -17 plus minus. wow and is owed 17.5 million over the next 3 years. Can u just imagine if Gomez was here with those numbers. it would dominate tv,newspapers and radio.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

almost half of that playoff team from last year no longer plays with this team. different team, different year---  no one played 40 years ago-recchi was just a toddler!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

LBNG, The anti-Gomez sentiment is indeed dominating up there. Was in Montreal last weekend and the Team 990 staff and radio caller "intelligencia " (some of the callers are delusional, seriously) wouldn't shut up about how much they dislike his play.

I will say this though, through all the Habs' adversity this year they have really perceviered to this point, and must be given full marks for continuing to win. As depleted as they are, and Sopel being their big aquisition being put aside, any team that takes this team lightly come playoff time could pay dearly.

Who thought those bums from last year would be in the conference finals?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Recchi was at Woodstock and made a cameo appearance on the Brady Bunc!.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

almost half of that playoff team from last year no longer plays with this team. different team, different year---  no one played 40 years ago-recchi was just a toddler!
    Posted by adkbeesfan

thats all im saying. anyone who thinks the bruins cant do it this year thats fine. just tell me why without using reason from 4 or 40 years ago. funny how 40years keeps coming up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

seobrien,

can you imagine if Gomez was here.  We would feel the same way.  The Rangers should not be permitted to sign free agents.  The Rangers always mess things up.  As much as I liked Sather while he was in Edmonton I can't stand him as a GM.  His list of mistakes are legendary.  Redden/Drury/Gomez for starters.  Thats half the salary cap in those three bums.

The Habs defense isn't nearly strong enough.  They have fast pesky fwds and their coach really needs a lot of the credit fromlast year.  As well as an amazingly hot goalie.  When the Habs lose a playoff game they will be all over Price.  His mental state will go wild and he will fail.  Bank on it.  I want the Habs in the 1st round.

Sections
Shortcuts