Wheats on Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wheats on Kaberle

Hey Wheatskins,I've tried to ask about Kaberle on a couple of other threads with no luck so here goes again.Since you made no secret of disliking Kaberle on the day he was traded,I was wondering if you feel he did anything in his 1st game to earn your favour?I'm not giving you the gears,I'm just truly interested in your take after seeing him in black and gold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Wheats on Kaberle

Gears.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

He played OK, considering it was his first game and got there minutes before the warmup.

I was glad to see some passes, on the break out, to others besides Thornton, Lucic and Ryder. I think they have been carrying the puck in the neutral zone too often this year. Perhaps, it was the defending that didn't zero in on them and left them open. Maybe now the passing may be upgraded to give the ones who should carry the puck to carry the puck.

I'll also give him some time to get acquainted with the power play. Certainly an upgrade from Recchi, with all due respect.

However, the players and coaches around the league know Kaberle's game on the power play. They know he doesn't shoot and can be easily defended. The others on the powerplay will have to help him out with lots of movement to make his passing dangerous. I believe, that Tyler Seguin playing on the halfboard would make this power play very dangerous. With Tyler and Zdeno ready to fire it will keep the opponents on their toes and we would see someone open down low often. Tyler and Zdeno could blast away, forcing lots of rebounds, or pick out the open man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

What do people expect from him? He's a threat. He makes us scarier and teams will play us differently as such. They'll have to be more cautious to avoid putting us on the PP or they'll have to forecheck less aggressively when TK is on the ice, giving us a better breakout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wheats on Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]He played OK, considering it was his first game and got there minutes before the warmup. I was glad to see some passes, on the break out, to others besides Thornton, Lucic and Ryder. I think they have been carrying the puck in the neutral zone too often this year. Perhaps, it was the defending that didn't zero in on them and left them open. Maybe now the passing may be upgraded to give the ones who should carry the puck to carry the puck. I'll also give him some time to get acquainted with the power play. Certainly an upgrade from Recchi, with all due respect. However, the players and coaches around the league know Kaberle's game on the power play. They know he doesn't shoot and can be easily defended. The others on the powerplay will have to help him out with lots of movement to make his passing dangerous. I believe, that Tyler Seguin playing on the halfboard would make this power play very dangerous. With Tyler and Zdeno ready to fire it will keep the opponents on their toes and we would see someone open down low often. Tyler and Zdeno could blast away, forcing lots of rebounds, or pick out the open man.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    I thought he played well in a new system and I think he'll look even better once he gets acclimated.I know you obviously don't like Kaberle's game but I also know you want to see him succeed for the Bruins as much as any of us.
    I also would like to see Seguin get some PP time.I'm just not sure who he'd replace.Maybe Recchi but I think he's actually had decent PP numbers so I'm stumped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'd like to see Lucic and Recchi down low. Seguin on the left half boards and Kaberle and Chara on the point.

Bergeron or Krejci on the halfboard pose no shooting threats leaving everyone to focus on Chara.

Let Seguin use his superior shooting and deceptive passing and then everyone will be cooking with gas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wheats on Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see Lucic and Recchi down low. Seguin on the left half boards and Kaberle and Chara on the point. Bergeron or Krejci on the halfboard pose no shooting threats leaving everyone to focus on Chara. Let Seguin use his superior shooting and deceptive passing and then everyone will be cooking with gas.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    That would mean sitting Ryder(most PP goals) or Horton who,although he hasn't got much to show for it,does a good job using his size to create space for others.It really is a tough call.Glad CJ makes it instead of me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Lucic and Recchi down low. Seguin on the left half boards"

Me too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Take Krej off boards, he won't or can't shoot, put him in front of net to kick pass to Luc for goal, yeah I like this system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Keep in mind, there is a second power play unit that will get a minute of time as well, so Ryder on the second with berg and krejci will get ample opportunity.

I like the thinking on Seguin on the 1st pp, too bad CJ isn't thinkin' that way.

Sections
Shortcuts