Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!!

So...the Murakamian Wind-Up Kessel Argument continues?

Speaking of getting ugly, I can only imagine how ugly the comments about Chiarelli 'overpaying' players would be if he'd given $5.4M/yr to a guy with one season of 20+ goals under his belt.

But for the record?  Kessel's cap hit puts him 34th among NHL forwards.  That's disgusting in itself that there are 33 guys getting more than five and a half million and about 15 guys who will finish as point per game scorers.  Let me repeat that - as a forward, you don't even have to be a point per game scorer in this league to pull down $5.4M+.  You know where Philicity ranks in scoring among forwards?  35th.  So his 0.78 point per game pace and ~$85,000/point pace is just about the going rate.  Does it make him a superstar?  No.  But you could make an argument that he makes exactly what the market will bear, and ultimately, that's what he's "worth".

Now, if we're talking absolute values....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wheeler was on pace to duplicate his numbers from last year almost exactly.  He did not look to be progressing with the Bruins.  He was getting only 15:12 in ice time and frankly didn't deserve that much based on the quality of his play.

In Atlanta, he gets 18:56 per game as a first line forward.  He's scoring at a .75 ppg pace.  If you scaled back his ice time, he'd still be scoring at a .6 ppg pace, which is about .15 better than he had in Boston.

This says two things, provided you assume this is the way Wheeler will play for the rest of his time in Atlanta (I don't think so...).  One: Wheeler has talent but needed a change of scenery for it to come out; Two: That talent was never going to manifest in Boston unless the Bruins changed their system completely and gave Proud Mary first line ice time.

In other words, you'd have had to overhaul the team before you'd see much more than we saw from this guy - and the Bruins don't have the horses to play a more open style game in and game out.  He needed a change of scenery.  He got it.  But the guy you see now is not who the Bruins gave up.  Think of it as giving someone a lottery ticket as a gift.  You're only out $2 whether they win $20M or nada.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

So since Brad aka Blake and Phil where both Golden Gophers together what time to do think there Tee time is for next week at Les Bolstad Golf Course

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

talking about just the trades not whos TEAM is golfing or not ,they still remain bad.Trading for kaberle for 1st rounder and 20 yr,old past first rounder is crazy.Peverley kelly kaberle  .just bad moves

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IBut Not in the PLayoffs!!!!  n Response to Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!!:
    Brad - 2 more goals tonight. Now has 18 ...Playing out of his mind on Thrashers! Phil- what can I say, 30 goals this year! How come we can't get goal scorers like this ? Hold on...we got Peverley and draft picks that haven't panned out ...
    Posted by cactusTony

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

But seriously, don't you think there's a correlation between wheeler getting out of this mucking, passive, play not to lose system and lighting it up?  Or Peverly having a great season up until the trade deadline, 14 goals in Atl, then he gets sent to pergatory here and can't hit the side of a barn for a goal. 

Imagine if Krejci or Lucic played in a place like Chicago?  Krejci would be atleast 80+ points a year in that system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!!:
    But seriously, don't you think there's a correlation between wheeler getting out of this mucking, passive, play not to lose system and lighting it up?  Or Peverly having a great season up until the trade deadline, 14 goals in Atl, then he gets sent to pergatory here and can't hit the side of a barn for a goal.  Imagine if Krejci or Lucic played in a place like Chicago?  Krejci would be atleast 80+ points a year in that system.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

If DK would be at least 80+ in the Hawks system,I can only imagine how many a guy like Toews would get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

But seriously, don't you think there's a correlation between wheeler getting out of this mucking, passive, play not to lose system and lighting it up?  Or Peverly having a great season up until the trade deadline, 14 goals in Atl, then he gets sent to pergatory here and can't hit the side of a barn for a goal.  Imagine if Krejci or Lucic played in a place like Chicago?  Krejci would be atleast 80+ points a year in that system.

The thing is he is not exactly lighting it up. As per his Thrasher numbers  (not including his time with the B's) he is only on pace for a 20 goals season. I do not really describe that as going on a tear...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!! : The thing is he is not exactly lighting it up. As per his Thrasher numbers  (not including his time with the B's) he is only on pace for a 20 goals season. I do not really describe that as going on a tear...
    Posted by jmwalters

58 games under clod, 11 goals.  20 games out of here, 7.  Pretty big difference there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!! : 58 games under clod, 11 goals.  20 games out of here, 7.  Pretty big difference there.

Sure, if 7 goals in 20 games is an appropriate sample size to use the phrase "lighting it up." As I said, even if he could maintain that pace he is still only on pace for around 28 goals, and that is a big if. Sure he scores more in Atl with more meaningful icetime. I do not think anyone will dispute you. But to agree with "lighting it up" is just ridiculous...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Wheeler & Kessel lighting it up?

Are they planning some night golfing!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

wow i was kidding when i said you couldn't even read cactus, but i might be on to something. adult literacy programs are readily available

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!! : ONLY a 28 goal pace ? and eXactly how many Bruins have 28 or more goals? what is the grand total ? I think its........................     ONE = 1
    Posted by cactusTony

Kessel started the season "on pace"for 160 goals.How'd that work out?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler & Kessel Lighting it up!!! : ONLY a 28 goal pace ? and eXactly how many Bruins have 28 or more goals? what is the grand total ? I think its........................     ONE = 1
    Posted by cactusTony

Brad - do you still ride the short bus?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I still want know, who is Brad??  This poor bloke is getting bandied about and we don't know who he is???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wheeler went from 2.02 points per 60 minutes of offensive ice time to 2.58.  Peverley went from 1.96 to 1.04.

Given that Wheeler went to Peverley's old spot in the Thrasher's lineup ( = an improvement in talent compared to where he was in Boston) and Peverley now found himself next to Kelly, I think those changes are right in line with what could be expected.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think he's talking about Brad Nealy.
    Posted by OatesCam

This is the post of the thread  and is a perfect example of why no1 should ever even read any of the crap that Crackhead Tony writes.

Sections
Shortcuts