Wheeler at Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Wheeler at Center

I have wanted Wheeler back at center since the first time I saw him play there this season.  I am very excited that they flipped him with Seguin tonight, however, my satelite is out.  Any updates out there, how's he looking.  Are his feet constantly moving and is he making plays.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, besides Stanley I'm probably his biggest fan on these boards.  Thanks in advance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Wheeler at Center

Really I thought he was real good on the PK last year and I thought he had improved greatly in the D-zone this year.  I have however noticed on more then a couple of occasions him playing some sort of zone with a man wide open like 5 feet in front of him clearly needing a body and it's like he's afraid to break his responsibility to get to the guy.  Hopefully he can continue working some of those glitches out sooner rather then later.  If you respond how did Lucic look in his fight tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Wheeler had a pretty good game in the middle last night. Surprisingly strong on draws and I agree, I like him better in the middle. Seguin was a turnover machine last night, might be time to sit the kid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler at Center:
    Wheeler had a pretty good game in the middle last night. Surprisingly strong on draws and I agree, I like him better in the middle. Seguin was a turnover machine last night, might be time to sit the kid.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

I read in the report that Campbell eventually moved between Ryder and Wheeler.  Eventhough this takes Wheeler out of the pivot, I like this idea, I mean it leaves us in a more traditional situation with two scoring lines a checking line and a true 4th line.  At the same time you make it clear to Ryder and Wheeler that Seguin will be promoted if they do continue to earn their job on a nightly basis.  Of course that is dependent on Seguin improving particularly with puck security.  Maybe if we can get another top 6 forward you could go back to the more balanced lines but I like the idea of 'managing' Seguin, Thornton and particularly Paille's minutes come the stretch run and playoff time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Wheeler looks pretty clumsy a good portion of the time. He's afraid of contact, despite having greater size than a good number of opposing players he's battling the puck with in the boards. He's not exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread when he plays on the wing, if you know what I mean. At Centre, he's done pretty well, imo. The problem is, we have above average depth at Centre in Boston, and in Providence for that matter. I expect this will be Blake's last year in Boston, as he will be arbitration eligible (possibly), once again, and could look for a bigger deal. I don't see how he fits in Boston beyond this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wheeler is better than Seguin at center, and any hesitation in the defensive zone is due to Claude. Claude has Seguin so confused the kid is innefective, and isn't even skating or handling the puck as well as he has. I would prefer to see Hamill filling in for Savard; Wheeler/Campbell/Paille as our 4th line. Paille plays so much better than Thornton, and even with stonehands, he is far more productive. This team does not need a designated fighter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Claude was the cause of confusion, then everyone would be confused.  If it's just Seguin, it's Seguin's fault.  He is a bit over his head.  Match-ups with Staal could have been bad last night, so the move to Wheeler was probably a wise one.  Thornton is more than a fighter, he is an excellent energy player who plays a good, simple game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Calling Staal and Seguin a mismatch is like saying it would be bad to fight Lucic, Boogard and Orr all in the same night.

I think Seguin will be damn good, in the future. But right now Staal may have every advantage on him but possibly speed.

In Response to Re: Wheeler at Center:
    If Claude was the cause of confusion, then everyone would be confused.  If it's just Seguin, it's Seguin's fault.  He is a bit over his head.  Match-ups with Staal could have been bad last night, so the move to Wheeler was probably a wise one.  Thornton is more than a fighter, he is an excellent energy player who plays a good, simple game.
    Posted by OatesCam

Sections
Shortcuts