Wheeler Needs to....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Wheeler Needs to....

In Response to RickyHussle

Dont worry Blake will be even better in the 2nd half ...should get between 30-35 goals ...not so bad ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I've been critical of Wheeler - for his coasting and seemingly lethargic play.  He's been very good the last two games and looked good versus Montreal too.  I hope he brings his physical play and skating tonight against the Flyers, a much more physical team than we've faced in the last three.  Time will tell.  Time to prove yourself, Blake - you can be a difference maker if you choose to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler Needs to....:
    I've been critical of Wheeler - for his coasting and seemingly lethargic play.  He's been very good the last two games and looked good versus Montreal too.  I hope he brings his physical play and skating tonight against the Flyers, a much more physical team than we've faced in the last three.  Time will tell.  Time to prove yourself, Blake - you can be a difference maker if you choose to be.
    Posted by huscroft28

I feel he has been very good dating back to his cameo at center.  When he played with Bergeron after Savard came back, I thought they clicked.  Now with Krejci he's clicking.  I did like what he did at center.  That's a good stretch of the season.  Also all season long he has been a top two penalty killer at forward.  He'll never surpass Bergie there but the way he has played that position all season and last kept P.J. Axelsson on this team for years.

I think it's been more then a couple games that he has been a legit top 6 forward.  At 2.25 I don't think top 6  is a value you can complain about.  Can we still dream of him reaching his ceiling and regret that he has only scratched the surface, sure, but don't kid yourself into thinking this kid is not an asset to the Bruin based on his current play and not his potential.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whomever talked to Blake about heading to the net it worked so pimple faced Wheeler is out of the doghouse for now these next two games against the Pennsylvania's will give some fans more hints as to where he is at right now. So if Blake keeps it up yes he is worth the 2.2Mil.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

grow a pair... he plays like he's marchand's size, takes no advantage of his size...maybe he needs to hit the weight room so someday he'll be able to push a guy "like" marchand off the puck

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

A couple thoughts on Wheeler.  I think he is playing pretty reasonably this year.  He is still very young, and has good offensive skill.  Still lots of potential there.  His trade value is diminished because he's an impending ufa, so I don't see the upside in dealing him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

grow a pair... he plays like he's marchand's size, takes no advantage of his size...maybe he needs to hit the weight room so someday he'll be able to push a guy "like" marchand off the puck
    Posted by adkbeesfan

We must agree to disagree then on Wheeler.  I do love the way Marchand has been playing and I hope he is on Bergie's line for the rest of the year.  I never understood why he came with that 4th line ceiling, looks like he has certainly raised the bar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

we can definitely agree on marchands play...what a bolt of energy. he will make any line he plays on better. reminds me of bergy, just follow him while he's on the ice and watch him take control of his shift. simply a joy to watch.you know neither of these guys have anything in the tank at games end. secret to winning the cup.....have 20 players that do this nite in and nite out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

My issue with Wheeler is the same with most of you.  He doesn't play his size as most of the time.  I have also noticed more recently that in his own zone he is a little lazy with the puck causing the Bruins to get hemmed in.  Now when he is on the PK he doesn't do this.  So I know it is more being lazy or absent minded.

Since Marchand was brought up I love how this kid plays.  Brings it every night.  Responsible.  Not taking bad Penalties.  Clicking with Bergy.   SOMEONE PLEASE GET RYDER OFF THE FIRST LINE.  Enough said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler wont score more than 20 goals, forget 30

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

My issue with Wheeler is the same with most of you.  He doesn't play his size as most of the time.  I have also noticed more recently that in his own zone he is a little lazy with the puck causing the Bruins to get hemmed in.  Now when he is on the PK he doesn't do this.  So I know it is more being lazy or absent minded. Since Marchand was brought up I love how this kid plays.  Brings it every night.  Responsible.  Not taking bad Penalties.  Clicking with Bergy.   SOMEONE PLEASE GET RYDER OFF THE FIRST LINE.  Enough said.
    Posted by chris3366

Is Ryder really on the first line?  Savvy is our third best center and Ryder is probably our 8th best forward having Horton or Lucic line up with them doesn't really make it a No. 1 line.  Although, other teams treat it like a first.  I thin that is a bonus for the B's.  Especially if Krejci, Wheele and Seguin keep building chemistry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Wheeler wont score more than 20 goals, forget 30
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

This year?  Ever? Before the end of the month? Give me some reference and I'd like to discuss further.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Sorry.  Wheeler will be RFA at seasons end, not UFA.  Thought I'd point that out before someone hammers me.

Sections
Shortcuts