Wheeler Penalty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Wheeler Penalty

Can someone explain to me why Wheeler got goalie interference? It looked like he was in the crease but then exited the crease and was out of it when the defender lined up and shot the puck for the goal. Was the penalty called for interfering with him before the shot or during the shot? It looked to me like the goalie wouldn't have been interfered with on the shot if he didn't come out of the crease.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Wheeler Penalty

just a blown call- plain and simple...too bad for mcquaid.  he deserved a goal last nite. that call wasn't even close-i'm not sure what the refs saw-it was a perfect screen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler Penalty:
    [QUOTE]just a blown call- plain and simple...too bad for mcquaid.  he deserved a goal last nite. that call wasn't even close-i'm not sure what the refs saw-it was a perfect screen
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Bad refering really all night, cmon chara 10 minute misconduct for talking lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Horrible calls all night long.  The refs didnt like all the fights and goals by the Bruins, so they tried to even it up, and it almost worked.  Any surprise, we see it all the time, and not just in Bruins games.

But that dissallowed goal was a HORRIBLE call, and to make it worse they gave Wheeler a 2 minute penalty.  It was a joke.  I wish they had a ref in a box with different camera angles so they could call down and say "Nope, you blew that call, its NOT what happened", but we know that wont happen, the refs are NEVER wrong according to the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Poor Wheeler finally goes to the net with that edge he's been harping about sets up a perfect screen outside the crease n gets whistled.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Don't want to sound like a complete homer but that was terrible officiating. I would expect that in Montreal where Habs seem to have all the breaks & all the calls go their way when they play the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Horrible calls all night long.  The refs didnt like all the fights and goals by the Bruins, so they tried to even it up, and it almost worked.  Any surprise, we see it all the time, and not just in Bruins games. But that dissallowed goal was a HORRIBLE call, and to make it worse they gave Wheeler a 2 minute penalty.  It was a joke.  I wish they had a ref in a box with different camera angles so they could call down and say "Nope, you blew that call, its NOT what happened", but we know that wont happen, the refs are NEVER wrong according to the league.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    I've thought for awhile now that if they want to continue with the 2 ref system,the 2nd ref should be an off-ice official,watching the game from up high and calling down to the other ref if he sees any infractions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Awful call and I'm sure the refs know it by now.  A real shame for McQuaid who had a highlight reel goal on the play.  Don't really undertsand why a call like that can't go under review, but whatever, it didn't affect the outcome...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Wheeler and McQuaid both deserved much better - awful, awful call.

I would have loved to see Ott continue chirping at Chara.  If Ott wants to be the bad boy, let him take his lumps - ridiculous ruling.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Horrible calls all night long.  The refs didnt like all the fights and goals by the Bruins, so they tried to even it up, and it almost worked. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't the refs like the goals by the Bruins?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ott didn`t have to chirp, he was allowed to whack Z to the back of the head with his stick, with no penalty.  This was after the ZEBRA gave them 10 for talking.

March deserved his penalty though 2nd in 2 games using free arm, he needs to give it up and just use his usual forecheck.

Though same in Carolina game 4PK`s and no PP.

Wheeler penalty was hilarious, take away a goal and give a PP, talk about trying to change the pace of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Actually is was the right call it just should have been made 2 seconds earlier. Once you go in the crease and make contact with the goaltender its supposed to be made. Since the play resulted in a goal I'm guessing thats why it was called.
    Hope it does not prevent him from going to the net though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Actually is was the right call it just should have been made 2 seconds earlier. Once you go in the crease and make contact with the goaltender its supposed to be made. Since the play resulted in a goal I'm guessing thats why it was called. Hope it does not prevent him from going to the net though.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Watch the games going on tonight and see how many touch, brush the goalie's and there is no call.  
    If this is way the refs will call games and I'm a goalie, as soon as a player is the crease I'de skate into him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

It looked to me that if Mcquaid doesn't score there most likely isn't a call made
    The ref calls the penalty after the puck goes in ... very bad call

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]It looked to me that if Mcquaid doesn't score there most likely isn't a call made The ref calls the penalty after the puck goes in ... very bad call
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]
    They actually made the call after Lehtonen realized he couldn't see so he skated into Wheeler outside the crease and started complaining. Which is more sickening. In no way should a players bickering hinder a call.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler Penalty : They actually made the call after Lehtonen realized he couldn't see so he skated into Wheeler outside the crease and started complaining. Which is more sickening. In no way should a players bickering hinder a call.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

The contact with Wheeler was 100% in the blue paint.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I stand corrected.  The Blackhawks score a perfectly good goal on the Canucks just now ,  Brower touched even less than Wheeler did and the refs called it off.  INCREDIBLE !
    What's wrong with the league ???  
    Is this another mandate post All Star game ?  Did I miss something ?
    They haven't called it this way before the All Star.
    The best is that Wheeler got a penalty but Brower got no penalty. Only the goal got disallowed.  Typical, no consistency in officiating.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Poor Wheeler finally goes to the net with that edge he's been harping about sets up a perfect screen outside the crease n gets whistled.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Finally?  He's been doing this on a fairly regular basis this year.  This isn't the first time this year that he's been given a bogus goaltender interference call.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler Penalty : The contact with Wheeler was 100% in the blue paint.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    When he was getting pushed back because of the d-man, yes. Not how the penalty came about. Watch the replays.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler Penalty : When he was getting pushed back because of the d-man, yes. Not how the penalty came about. Watch the replays.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

The contact was in the blue paint.  There was no contact by McQuaid outside of the crease.  Lehtonen skates into him. 

Lord knows what the ref was thinking.  But hey, they're humans, also.  They're pretty good almost always.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Since it was a goal, it should have been reviewed. Wheeler was pushed into Lehtonen, and he moved out of the crease, then wise old Lehtonen moved right up to Wheeler's hip pocket, OUTSIDE the crease, and got the call. Some goalies can do things like that , just ask Timmy.