Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out

Even though they have played a decent game so far this season, younger guys like Marchand and Caron have outplayed them. When Savard and Sturm comeback in a month or two i don't think it will be a tough decision to know which players will not be with the team.

Wheeler though has "potential" has stone hands. He knows how to get open, how to get a chance to score but can't finish. Finishing is rarely a skill you can get better on and you either have it or you don't.

Ryder can score but he is a defensive liability on the ice. His forechecking has improved and always could score his share of points.

Paille has had zero impact thus far this year. He is a 4th line player at best (and we have ours set)

IF any of you wheeler , ryder fans believe instead other players should be the odd man out , state who and reason why.

Lineup once Savard and Sturm comesback s/b

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Caron Bergeron Recchi
    Seguin Savard Sturm
    Marchand Campbell Thornton

Paille or bring up Lovecchio, Mcgrattan

For Wheeler i think we could steal a 3rd round pick but most likely get in return a 4th round pick and a prospect

For Ryder = 4th round pick or prospects

For Paille = 5th round pick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out

Wheeler had a two on one late in the game and he passed it at least 3 feet behind the Bruin player.  Aweful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Paille plays higher than the 4th line the Bruins are putting holes in their lineup. Right now there's no space for him as the 3 guys playing on the 4th are working well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I've been saying for a long time how Wheeler is terrible. He can't provide any good on his own. The goal the other night was all Recchi. His playing time won't be cut now because PC needs this clown to play better to cure part of the cap issue. Wheeler has to be #1 on the list to help the cap crunch. Ryder looked horrible the last few games but it might be due to some type of injury. Paille is a smaller Wheeler. All the Wheeler fans are living in the past. Wake up!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Paille unfortunately does not contribute. Why they did not use Arneil is just Claude's lack of confidence in rookies, even though he has 4 in the lineup. Time for Chia to make some moves although he is probably waiting some until Savard is ready. It appears that Ryder is either sick/injured or is regressing to last year. The schedule is no help especially missing Kreji, Boychuck, Savvy, and Sturm. All 4 are expected to return so importing a solid replacement is a difficult decision. Providence is mostly 22 year olds that are learning the PRO game. Heard from one source thast indicated there is more concern for Hamill's defensive game so he will never fit into Julien's scheme. What's wrong with Stuart? He continues to make poor coverage decisions which should be second nature by now. He is solid enough but adding his gaffs to others cause too many give aways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Trade Ideas

Keith Yandle for Steve Kampfer, Wheeler and 2nd round pick

Ryder to Vancouver for 4th round pick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Got to agree on Stuart. Not playing strong in front of the net.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Why Ryder? I think he is third on the team in scoring and isn't invisible like Wheeler and Paille.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Talk about beating a dead horse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In defense of Paille, what 2 games played ? Not enuf time to adjust to that level. Tradeable ? yes
    Wheeler, in defense of him, when all is a healthy team and he gets on a solid line without jumping from line to line will be a force.
    Ryder In defense of him he is playing a solid 2 way game, again not playing with a proven center affects his offense.
    Yes  someone has to go, so do they trade away 3 or 4 depth players to get under the cap or make a huge deal with one high salray player going ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Ryder is prime candidate..and PC has gone on record as saying " we are not afraid to warehouse some guys in the minors.. simple math will tell you if your $2 mil over the cap and Ryder is $4mil..See ya..You dont have to get rid of any others..that is unless your going to make a blockbuster trade involving multi players...I remember the days when Harry used to like pulling off those type of trades.. and they usually worked in the B's favour..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out:
    [QUOTE]Even though they have played a decent game so far this season, younger guys like Marchand and Caron have outplayed them. When Savard and Sturm comeback in a month or two i don't think it will be a tough decision to know which players will not be with the team. Wheeler though has "potential" has stone hands. He knows how to get open, how to get a chance to score but can't finish. Finishing is rarely a skill you can get better on and you either have it or you don't. Ryder can score but he is a defensive liability on the ice. His forechecking has improved and always could score his share of points. Paille has had zero impact thus far this year. He is a 4th line player at best (and we have ours set) IF any of you wheeler , ryder fans believe instead other players should be the odd man out , state who and reason why. Lineup once Savard and Sturm comesback s/b Horton Krejci Lucic Caron Bergeron Recchi Seguin Savard Sturm Marchand Campbell Thornton Paille or bring up Lovecchio, Mcgrattan For Wheeler i think we could steal a 3rd round pick but most likely get in return a 4th round pick and a prospect For Ryder = 4th round pick or prospects For Paille = 5th round pick
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

2 guys on the same line that have not played games in months with a 18 year old rookie?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

The Devils are looking to move Zach Parise.  Before you go and throw me under the bus, hear me out.  I love Tuuka, and I think he is going to come out of this slump with out a doubt but Tim is the number one goalie here.  So, in order to "dump" some salary you have to offer something of value.  Here is what I would do:  Trade Tuuka, Ryder, and Wheeler for Parise and a draft pick.  For 2010-2011 this would take the B's 2.2 million under the cap hit.  I know Parise's contract is up and that is why NJ is wanting to move him.  This would improve our scoring chances, make room for some young guys (Colburne, Caron, and so on) to make a name for themselves, and it would make available 2.2 million available to try and sign Parise to a couple of years!

Thoughts?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Some how I see PC wanting to keep Wheeler because of that word "Potential". Marchand has definitely made Paille expendable the only reason Daniel is still here is for depth.

Ryder is only here till Sturm and Savard get back it's Michael's only savior the Bruins need bodies. Once again I didn't hear Jack call Glyder's name once till the 3rd period. He was a -1 with 1 shot yes ladies and gents ALL NIGHT on net while getting a Julien mancrush 26Mins of ice time with PP time.

Just when you need Glyder in a tight checking huge divisional matchup like last night what does he do ? NOTHING! All I want to see of Michael now is a picture of him riding the Pbruins bus looking out the window. "Gee what could have I done differently I wonder".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bogsk8r why do you think Tuuka is on this team?? There isn't any goalie depth in the minors, so Timmy and Tuuka are here for the duration. Let's look at possibles:: Paille goes- not needed- draft pick/regain 1Mill for cap, although Providence backfill could eliminate. Next move could be Wheeler in trade{ maybe} or $2 mil in cap releif offset by player TBD from Providence [Arneil is the most ready from all the 21/22 year olds] Or Sign Satan?? ; next Savard is ready to come back== need Cap relief== Ryder for draft pick or to Providence. Nothing else is obvious at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

@bogsk8r

What are you smoking?  To propose such an awful trade you must be high.  Tuukka is the prize of the league in the way of netminders right now.  The kid's going to be great.  Rask would get parise straight up.  They'd ask for more like Colborne, Sauve, Caron, Wheeler, and a pick or two.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Sandog, I hope PC gets to trade Wheels because  other GM's think he has potential. I just wonder if any want this 6'4" that plays like he's 5'2"??????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Need to trade Thomas, "Right Phukking Now" then hang up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Why is everyone so wuick to get rid of Ryder? Most of his 4 mil can be made up by sending Wheeler and Hunwick down to Providence, no? Ryder has been one of the best offensive contributors on a team that last year finished second to last in scoring. Or maybe send down Stuart instead because he has been playing like @ss.

Seguin and Caron will have some serious ups and downs this season because let's face it.. they are playing more games against stronger players so they will wear down as the season progresses.

The real problem comes when Sturm comes back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

I'm thinking more in the lines of getting Parise on this team.  It would take a very attractive offer to get him from NJ and that is why I'm thinking of Tuukka.  You are right, there isn't much down in P as a back up, but, I think Schaefer would be fine as a "back-up" for now.  Down the line, maybe through free agency we can pick up a potential #2 to become a solid #1.  There will be 2.2mill available from what I proposed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking more in the lines of getting Parise on this team.  It would take a very attractive offer to get him from NJ and that is why I'm thinking of Tuukka.  You are right, there isn't much down in P as a back up, but, I think Schaefer would be fine as a "back-up" for now.  Down the line, maybe through free agency we can pick up a potential #2 to become a solid #1.  There will be 2.2mill available from what I proposed.
    Posted by bogsk8r[/QUOTE]

Parise is the heart and soul of that team. They're not going to trade him.

And you need to trade players from the Bruins for one purpose only: Cap relief. They are not going to trade guys to take on more cap hits; Parise IIRC is a pending RFA, and he's going to want a hefty paycheck. 

And if you actually think Schaefer would be fine as a back-up NHL goalie, you are on drugs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out:
    [QUOTE]Gotta be honest STURM IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THIS TEAM BETTER...HE IS LUGGAGE!
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]
    Thank You rockett !!!!!!
    I don't understand what the love affair with Sturm is all about. At his best he is painfully inconsistent. He's either on fire or invisible. never a middle ground. Throw in 2 major knee surgeries in 2 years and you have a guy that should be shipped DIRECTLY to the minors to , hopefully, find his game. Ryder is having a good start and people want to get rid of him to make room for a recovering Sturm. REALLY bruins fans ? REALLY ?
    let sturm find his game in PRO and use him as trade bait at the deadline.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Parise is the heart & soul of the Devils is true but is he happy there? I don't think so. My wife is a Devils fan all be it not hard core. She loves Zach and would love to see him away from the BS that the team has surrounding it with the Russian tool!!!!!! I'm not convinced Parise will be there all year.

Ryder and Wheeler will be gone if PC has any sense. I would rather see Sturm go than Ryder but Sturm has the NTC so the writing is on the wall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzywuzdenko. Show buzzywuzdenko's posts

Ryder must go and fast. Yea, he's a sniper, but he refuses to pass and other teams count on him shooting and not dishing. He's easy to defend against. Wheeler looks like he's having a hard time getting going. Maybe too much pressure from a kid who knows his days might be numbered. Paille is just plain lost. Maybe lost his mojo when he had to ride the bench for 10 games. I don't think there are any no brainers here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Marco Sturm defines JAG.  Ditch him.

Sections
Shortcuts