Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out

Couldnt agree more w/ the notion of Ryder needs to go....I wrote about this the other day, the guy brings nothing to the table, people say Wheeler plays soft, watch Ryder, he literally floats around, doesnt touch a sole, coughs up the puck when even approached, will never take a hit to make a play.  On top of it, I watched the Savard hit replay a thousand times, he is right there, blatantly sees exactly what happened, saw it & skated away; he is a farce of a teammate!!!!

He can shoot the heck out of the puck, but doesnt fight for position, so he can snipe the AHL goalies the rest of the winter.....get rid of him!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ryder didn't do much, but he didn't skate away.  He skated right to Cooke, before being pinched off by Orpik.
    You can see it at 0:18 s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

They can't just send guys down to Providence.  They have to pass through waivers first which means other teams would be able to pick them up w/out any compensation going back to the Bruins.  No way that will happen.

As for trades - any team taking on a contract like Ryder's will be looking to exchange cap hits.  There aren't many teams willing to take on $4 mil/year for a mediocre winger and only send draft picks in return.

It's going to take some clever packaging to resolve the cap situation.  The Bruins management is well aware of this and they've undoubtedly been working the phones since before the season began.

We'll find out in a month or so what those packages will be.  Based on some of the suggestions here, a lot of people are going to think the Bruins will have given up too much.  The reality is they're not dealing from a position of strength because the other teams are well aware of their cap situation.

Expect moves like: Ryder, Bruins 2d round pick (not Toronto's) for a $2M/year 3d liner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out:
    Sandog, I hope PC gets to trade Wheels because  other GM's think he has potential . I just wonder if any want this 6'4" that plays like he's 5'2"??????
    Posted by jwb413

A pick might need to be included with Wheeler most defenitely with Ryder. Time is up on both but I still see PC thinking 2Mil isn't so bad for Blake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out:
    In Response to Re: Wheeler, Ryder and Paille odd players out : Thank You rockett !!!!!! I don't understand what the love affair with Sturm is all about. At his best he is painfully inconsistent. He's either on fire or invisible. never a middle ground. Throw in 2 major knee surgeries in 2 years and you have a guy that should be shipped DIRECTLY to the minors to , hopefully, find his game. Ryder is having a good start and people want to get rid of him to make room for a recovering Sturm. REALLY bruins fans ? REALLY ? let sturm find his game in PRO and use him as trade bait at the deadline.
    Posted by ed121501

Lead a team in goals for enough seasons and a player(Sturm) deservedly  gets respect.

Sections
Shortcuts