Wheeler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Wheeler

In Response to Re: Wheeler:
    NAS- you just posted that you "see a guy who wants to be successful"...how long have you been reading minds? I agree that none of us know how Wheeler's career will turn out, but that also includes you.  You seem to believe that after nearly 200 NHL games, that is an inadequate sample to form an opinion on what type of player he will be.  At least that analysis is based on facts, your opinion seems to ignore those facts with the hope for something better.  Hope is not sound strategy and seems to make your opinion full of as much, if not more, crap as mine. Fair chance to prove it?  Hasn't Wheeler had plenty of opportunity to play with Krejci?  Krejci- Wheeler-Ryder, remember? He also gets PP time, averaging 1:40 this year and 2:04 last year.  His production has been abysmal on the PP. I also disagree with you about Bergeron's creativity, or lack thereof.  We must be watching different games, because Wheeler isn't half the player that Bergeron is.
    Posted by Crowls2424

LOL Crowls.  Guilty as charged.  Let me try again:  His play this year seems to be a step above his play from last year, leading me to create the idea that he wants to be successful.

As for my analysis, I don't base things on what I think.  I base things on what I know.  I don't guess how a guy's career is going to turn out based on less than 200 games (82 of which were played on that awful B's team from last season).  I say wait and see.

I never suggested that Wheeler was a better player than Bergeron.  I'm not sure where you got that from.

I do want him to be successful in a Boston jersey.  Hey, he's already here, right? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Why do people claim Wheeler is a 20 goal scorer?  His first season he had 21 goals and 24 assists, next season he has 18 goals and 20 assists and this season he is on pace for 12 goals and 12 assists.  There is a patern there folks he is getting worse instead of better.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Kovalchuk is on pace for 20 goals this season.  That's not going to happen.  If Wheeler is to get a hat trick in his next game he will be on pace for 27 goals.  It is too early in the season to make a judgement on his season totals.

How are people not seeing Wheeler's extra drive this year?  He's giving everything he has got.  He hasn't been getting goals but he is going into the dirty areas and creating opportunities.  Both of his goals were him crashing the net.  When he put the puck in with his fist, the same thing.  Unfortunately his blade didn't touch the puck.  Either way, if you think Wheeler only gets 12 goals this year, you are nuts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Blake Wheeler is what he is...........................

Go to fullsize image

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

NAS- let me agree with your observation about Wheeler playing with a little more gumption thus far this year, too bad is has not translated to the scoresheet.

I do wish for Wheeler to be successful, any Bruin fan does.  My issue, that in nearly 200 NHL games, I have seen very little that informs me that the kid can finish.  He has some nice puck skills and has also been very good on the PK, but he has not been able to finish.  That's 200 games played by a 24 year-old, I am not basing my analysis on what I think, I am basing it on what I have observed watching the player. 

All of that being said, I think the problem is with expectations.  If Wheeler was skating on a traditional 3rd line or was the 6th forward on a high scoring team, his production is likely acceptable.  The Bruins expect/need him to points on the board and that is not happening.

As for waiting for more than 200 games to form an opinion on a player, where are you at on Zach Hamill?  Only 1 NHL game and just turned 22 in September, wait and see on him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

You all can wish for whatever but the proof is in his finish last night of the puck in the crease. That would have been a huge goal and he freaking choked!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler : Kovalchuk is on pace for 20 goals this season.  That's not going to happen.  If Wheeler is to get a hat trick in his next game he will be on pace for 27 goals.  It is too early in the season to make a judgement on his season totals. How are people not seeing Wheeler's extra drive this year?  He's giving everything he has got.  He hasn't been getting goals but he is going into the dirty areas and creating opportunities.  Both of his goals were him crashing the net.  When he put the puck in with his fist, the same thing.  Unfortunately his blade didn't touch the puck.  Either way, if you think Wheeler only gets 12 goals this year, you are nuts.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

Your right I forgot that Wheeler usually slows down in the second half.  It is likely he ends up with 10 and 10.

Sections
Shortcuts