When Adam McQuaid returns who sits?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

When Adam McQuaid returns who sits?

I love Hamilton and believe the sky's the limit with him, but untill he learns to use his size and be more physical I'm not so sure he's playoff ready yet, simply beause he's still very young and not mature enough. i believe if the playoffs started tomorrow Matt Bartowski is the better option at this point in time but who knows? maybe the Bruins think differently. obviously a trade is in the works for another D man and i don't think that involves Hamilton so we can only hope for Dougie the kid to become Doug the man sooner rather than later. if they sit Bartowski when McQuaid returns it's probably a sign it's him that will be traded and that stinks because he's better suited for playoff hockey at this point in time only because of age and maturity. STEP IT UP Dougie. i have faith in ya.....

Your thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: When Adam McQuaid returns who sits?

Miller

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bartkowski finally starting to play a lot better 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

B's value the RH/RD & LH/LD model, lone exception was Seidenberg.

When McQuaid comes back, makes sense to me that Miller sits.  The question will be whether or not Bartkowski or Krug are ready to play top-4 minutes in the playoffs.  That is still TBD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miller

[/QUOTE]

You think? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] B's value the RH/RD & LH/LD model, lone exception was Seidenberg.

When McQuaid comes back, makes sense to me that Miller sits.  The question will be whether or not Bartkowski or Krug are ready to play top-4 minutes in the playoffs.  That is still TBD. [/QUOTE]

Agreed - it seems when Bartkowski sits for awhile he gets rusty and takes a few games to get back into the groove. Funny a lot of Bruin fans think that McQuaid is expendable because of Miller's play. Too small of a sample size to say you can just dump McQuaid now.

Hope Adam gets rid of the injury bug for the playoffs, he is needed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I'd sit Bartkowski. I honestly don't see why many like him. He does nothing special offensively and is way too soft.

I think Miller has been excellent and would keep him in. He's been rock-solid defensively and far from a liability in any situation. You can see Claudes confidence building in him every game.

Not to worry for Bart fans, however, because Mcquaid will likely injure himself while brushing his teeth and be out another 4-6 weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Moot point.  Defensemen drop like flies especially in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:

I'd sit Bartkowski. I honestly don't see why many like him. He does nothing special offensively and is way too soft.

I think Miller has been excellent and would keep him in. He's been rock-solid defensively and far from a liability in any situation. You can see Claudes confidence building in him every game.

Not to worry for Bart fans, however, because Mcquaid will likely injure himself while brushing his teeth and be out another 4-6 weeks.

Kind of agree with you on Miller. I think he plays better D than either Bartkowski or McQuaid. Watch how Bartkowski sags too far back and lets wings penetrate too close in the defensive zone. The result of that is that the goalie has far less time to pick up the shot and no time for a deflection. He is certainly a better offensive player than either Miller or McQuaid, so I'd keep him out there. The only positive I see about McQuaid is that he is pretty decent with his fists.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moot point.  Defensemen drop like flies especially in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Be nice if they could get away trading only minor league dept to replace Sides and keep all of them for a playoff run but that's not likely. somebody is getting traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree on Millier and that's because he's a grown man and Disagree on the Bartowski. he's been very very good and one of the best skaters on the team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I would think of packaging Bartkowski with some other pieces in order to replace Seidenberg's minutes with a well-above average rental along the lines of a Chris Phillips-type. McQuaid, although I like the guys grit, is a 3rd pairing defenseman while Bartkowski is a RFA next year who doesn't warrant a substantial increase in his next contract.

I like next years defense to look something like:

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Krug

Miller- McQuaid (or next man up)

Warsofsky and Trotman are next in line down on the farm but Im not fussed if the only thing we are worried about in the d-corp for next year is the 6th man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would think of packaging Bartkowski with some other pieces in order to replace Seidenberg's minutes with a well-above average rental along the lines of a Chris Phillips-type. McQuaid, although I like the guys grit, is a 3rd pairing defenseman while Bartkowski is a RFA next year who doesn't warrant a substantial increase in his next contract.

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Krug

Warsofsky and Trotman are next in line down on the farm but Im not fussed if the only thing we are worried about in the d-corp for next year is the 6th man.

[/QUOTE]

Boychuck?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

[QUOTE]

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Krug

[/QUOTE]

Did you trade Boychuck?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Krug

[/QUOTE]

Did you trade Boychuck?

[/QUOTE]

I'd sooner trade Boychuk over Mcquaid based on cap hit alone. That and the fact that Boychuk is heavily overrated and could fetch us back more value. (Assuming that another GM overrates him as well)

There's little "on the farm" that I wouldn't trade. Other than Spooner is there any value down there anyways?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

How could i forget Boychuk? But barring that idiotic omission, that just compounds the issue of having more than enough defense to trade from a position of strength during this year's trading deadline.

However, going forward I rate Boychuk higher than McQuaid and in 2015 he (Boychuk) becomes a UFA as well as McQuaid. The balancing act is whose contract to let expire while working the younger guys into the back end.

Edit: 2014-2015

Chara - Hamilton

Seidenberg - Krug

Boychuk - McQuaid/Miller/ (next man up)

2015- 2016

Chara- Hamilton

Seidenberg - Krug

Miller - (next man up)

Sections
Shortcuts