When Bruins lose this series...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

When Bruins lose this series...

Fact not opinion!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Re: When Bruins lose this series...

Not only that, but PC will be seriously looked at for these ridiculous contracts handed out; he's going to do to the B's for the next 5+ seasons what Pitino did to the Celts.....makes me sick that these contracts were handed out w/out playoff performance success; NONE have won ANYTHING!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Ok Yep, so what contracts are horrible again? Ference? who has played well this year.......after that I'm drawing a blank unless you're talking about Bergeron, Chara, Krejic, Lucic, or Thomas which were all good contracts at the time and are arguable now.

Don't see the reason to fire PC unless you're talking about the Kaberle trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I doubt very much PC will get fired also. He's done some good things and yes some that did not work out. He must be a Libra.  Balances out.
    Julien,  well it  was part of my bold prediction. They lose and it's goodbye!
    I gave the benefit of the doubt on the Kaberle deal but right now wow what a bad trade that was.  I highly doubt he can get 4m+ ,  not worth it.  Even the Leafs won't take him back at that salary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: When Bruins lose this series...:
    I doubt very much PC will get fired also. He's done some good things and yes some that did not work out. He must be a Libra.  Balances out. Julien,  well it  was part of my bold prediction. They lose and it's goodbye! I gave the benefit of the doubt on the Kaberle deal but right now wow what a bad trade that was.  I highly doubt he can get 4m+ ,  not worth it.  Even the Leafs won't take him back at that salary.
    Posted by BsLegion

Agree.  Time for a change unless some miracle occurs (not likely). But PC has done well enough overall.  The Kaberle signing was a bummer but no one bats 100%.  And letting go Stuart-- very bad move.  Keep PC, let go CJ.  Plus no more Ryder, Recchi, and new blood coming along.  Next year could be better.  let's hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Bad deals ? many from PC. Kaberle for sure when you consider kampfer imo played as well. Stuart was a mistake letting go and wheeler seriously this team lost a great penalty killer, fast on his feet scoring threat in all situations. And now how is the kessel trade working out for us now ? Yes your gonna argue kessel is a softie but a huge scoring threat with speed is slowly but surely getting into more dirtier areas. Isnt seguin a softie ? Yes 1 year in and raw but comparison to kessels 1st year. Whats left ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

No, Lucic @ $4/yr is high....I love the kid but has he done that much really to be paid in the upper tier of the league?  Could he have been signed for $2.5-3/yr at the time? 

Chara for 7 years @ the cap ceiling, lifeless captain, has never won anything, is tall & can shoot hard, wow....being outplayed by Gill, enough said.

Thomas for 5 years, another guy that is a playoff dud, flopper, not a huge fan, gets his regualr season vezinas on a trap team, golfs every year early, will be pushing 40+ at the end of the contract.  Will let this one POSSIBLY slide as $5/yr on a goalie is not that bad especially at the time it was signed, its the length, age, and lack of playoff success that kills me on this one.

Savard, 7 years, again pushing 40+ at the end of the contract...no playoff success as well, doesnt even get invited to team canada tryouts, why is that?  He's known as a constant chirper across the league, gets his points sure, can pass @ an elite level, but also turns the pcuk over constantly trying to make to throw the perfect sauce, of course 10ft inside our blue.

Love Krecji, good signing & money fits his skill level.

Ference, fill in the blanks on this guy, terrible signing & a #6 D-man on a good team....complete chandelier, constantly out of the lineup.

Bergeron is a prefect signing, 25 yrs old, locked up for 5 yrs & affordable $$$ for what he brings to the table....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yep, that's my point, most are debatable and Lucic at $4 was a bit on the high side but not egregious. Savard was your #1 pivot and was a point a game guy at the time.

I don't think PC has made great signings but I think if you balance it all out, he's been ok to slightly bad. However, I'd say his trading (minus Versteeg and Kaberle) have been better than average with his drafting still up for debate. I just don't think he's done a bad job and think all in all he's built a good team.

Campbell and Horton for Wideman and a first was a steal and filled 2 big holes for the 10-11 team. The Kessel trade was a great GM move by someone looking to build a contender for several years. Kobasew trade, Svobtka trade, Wheeler trade, and other moves have all been solid.

While I don't like Chara, I can't really argue with the signing because he is a one of a kind player. Olesiak is projected to go top-10 despite a lot of work because of his Chara like size.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

I hear ya....his trading ability has worked out really well, just these long-long term contracts are such a risk & handcuffs other opportunities that came up as no one wants to take on these long term contracts in trades.  Kaberle perfect example, as nothing to give up on a roster full of long term contracts to players in their 30's & had to give up a first rounder & a top prospect which I'm sure killed him to give up but he had no leverage ya know.

Good points though, I see your side of things more now.....at least you discuss it & supply your opiions versus some on these blogs that blow people up as they seem to believe they know everything about everything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

I doubt he'll be fired as long as long as Jacobs is raking in the money.

This is business not sport

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think some of you may be missing the point on Lucic's salary escalation from 625K  to 4 mill. He was an RFA which means he and his agent have no bargaining power when it comes to salary. PC could just have easily qualified him at a 10% raise ( 65K) or offer 3 mill. Instead he gave him 4 mill for thee years...

Full dislcosure: I am a Lucic fan. He is worth 4 mill but the very point of the  RFA/UFA structure is to provide a proving ground for a player until he is a UFA in his prime and can get top dollar. PC gave Lucic top dollar immediatly and it does have its effect on the B's salary cap....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

My Biggest problem with Peter Ciarelli is that he hired Dave Lewis and Cluade Julien and that he doesn't have a winner's mentality!  Whether or not he actually believes it or not, he should have never come out in public and stated that a trip to the conference finals makes for a successful seaason.  The culture on causway needs to change.  They need to find the right people to put in place that have the same passion as their fans!  PC & CJ are too laid back and passive to take this franchise where it needs to go, and that is Stanley Cup or Bust!  The arguements that PC & CJ took over a losing team don't hold water with me.  The Bruins organization got what it wanted in the form of a hard cap, thus making a turn around easier.  In addition, with the likes of Atlanta, the New York Islanders, the Florida Panthers, and the Toronto Maple Leafs in the conference, making the playoffs is not that great of an accomplishment.  IMHO, Cam needs to bring in coaches and GM's with the same passion that he has!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

nrguy:

Boychuk, Ryder, Paille

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryder I agree with but Boychuk was traded for the equivilant of Shawn Thornton how is that horrible ?

Paille makes 1.1Mil and PC only gave up a 3rd and a 4th for someone who made the Bruins PK much, much better ?

Lucic for 4Mil with 30+ goals and now you want him jettisoned ? I gotta here this debate.

Ference for 2.25Mil nah I have to hear this one you fill in the blanks Yep ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bad deals ? many from PC. Kaberle for sure when you consider kampfer imo played as well. Stuart was a mistake letting go and wheeler seriously this team lost a great penalty killer, fast on his feet scoring threat in all situations. And now how is the kessel trade working out for us now ? Yes your gonna argue kessel is a softie but a huge scoring threat with speed is slowly but surely getting into more dirtier areas. Isnt seguin a softie ? Yes 1 year in and raw but comparison to kessels 1st year. Whats left ?
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    Kessel had 11 hits in 82 games Wally.Seguin had 20 in 74.Make any arguments you want but Kessel "in the dirty areas"won't fly.Averaged out,Seguin throws twice as many hits as Kessel.That's pretty sad since I agree with your assessment that Seguin is also a softie.Kessel is so soft he just might start to melt.Regarding Wheeler,I think Peverly is just as good on the PK.Lastly,I miss Stuart on D also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder I agree with but Boychuk was traded for the equivilant of Shawn Thornton how is that horrible ? Paille makes 1.1Mil and PC only gave up a 3rd and a 4th for someone who made the Bruins PK much, much better ? Lucic for 4Mil with 30+ goals and now you want him jettisoned ? I gotta here this debate. Ference for 2.25Mil nah I have to hear this one you fill in the blanks Yep ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I was talking more about PC resigning Boychuk at $1,875,000 for the next two years rather than the trade that brought him here.  Granted, Boychuk had a good regular season last year, but he didn't do much of anything in last year's playoffs and has been this team's worst d-man this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sabu1113. Show sabu1113's posts

The Kaberle move was a career ending mistake.  Kaberle is reckless with the puck and predictable with his shot.   Billed as a puck moving defenseman--he is anything but.  This move alone should dictate that changes must be made in the management ranks.

The Horton move is another that should be reconsidered. Horton's up and down play should not be a relevation to anyone tasked with personnel making decisions.  Yet,, the Bruins moved on this guy and now are stuck with him.  

These two moves are proof enough that changes must be made in  the management ranks.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

not paying kessel equals blunder...bringing kaberle for two first rounders...hes soft and gives puck away too... ryder... seems like theres better options....didnt canadians find guys to replace him...on and on

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]not paying kessel equals blunder...bringing kaberle for two first rounders...hes soft and gives puck away too... ryder... seems like theres better options....didnt canadians find guys to replace him...on and on
    Posted by pjmj430[/QUOTE]

Kessel I'm not too upset about.  The guy played absolutely no defense and clearly didn't want to be here.  I thought the Kaberle trade was decent at the time, but it hasn't helped the powerplay; maybe if Julien wasn't the coach...

My problem is not so much the trades he has made, but the contracts he has given out.  Just giving long term deals with NTC left and right.  Why did he sign Chara until  2017-2018, especially after what happened to Savard?  I think PC is just asking for trouble with those kinds of deals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]nrguy: Boychuk, Ryder, Paille
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Easy to pile on Boychuk after that horrendous game, sure Ryder was not a great signing but Paille was acquired for a bag of hockey pucks and has been good the past 10 or so games and was solid last year (as a PKer and defensive forward not a scorer which he isn't). He has a role, Ryder, not so much. None are signed to long term deals so he hasn't hamstrung the team with bad contracts.

I don't see a justification for firing PC but he needs to shake it up next season and get rid of Claude outside of a miraculous comeback and appearance in the conference finals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]not paying kessel equals blunder...bringing kaberle for two first rounders...hes soft and gives puck away too... ryder... seems like theres better options....didnt canadians find guys to replace him...on and on
    Posted by pjmj430[/QUOTE]

Not paying Kessel was a great move, the guy is still a minus player even though he will be matched up against the worst forwards at home most of the time. I want a high goal scorer to be a plus player, otherwise he's just there to put fans in the seats - I care more about winning.

Kaberle was a bad trade but done so because of the lack of a PMD which everyone has been clamoring for. Remember when we boo'd Wideman out of town. And why was that? Oh yeah, a PMD who couldn't play D. It's hard to have both. Don't like the deal, but I understand it.

Ryder was a bad signing but it was a CJ induced move where he wanted someone who knew the system and had to pay up for a 20+ goal scorer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When Bruins lose this series... : Easy to pile on Boychuk after that horrendous game, sure Ryder was not a great signing but Paille was acquired for a bag of hockey pucks and has been good the past 10 or so games and was solid last year (as a PKer and defensive forward not a scorer which he isn't). He has a role, Ryder, not so much. None are signed to long term deals so he hasn't hamstrung the team with bad contracts. I don't see a justification for firing PC but he needs to shake it up next season and get rid of Claude outside of a miraculous comeback and appearance in the conference finals.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I have been critical of Boychuk for this entire season; Saturday's game only reassures what I previously thought of him as a player.  Ryder was overpaid from day one.  As for Paille, I wasn't referring to the trade that brought him here.  Rather, the fact that PC resigned him for the next two seasons.  At the time, I thought there were better options (like Sobotka), and it wasn't long until Marchand took Paille's spot.  Peter Chiarelli is not the worst GM ever.  It's just that he tends to give out large contracts to players who have proven very little when it really matters, like in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]The arguements that PC & CJ took over a losing team don't hold water with me.  The Bruins organization got what it wanted in the form of a hard cap, thus making a turn around easier.  Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

The outcome of the lockout was not what the Bruins wanted, they were planning for teams to be hurt due to poor long term signings at top dollar. Instead the salaries were adjusted leading to the Bs losing all of their talent and not having the ability to sign players that other teams couldn't afford. They played the lockout wrong and were burnt because of it.

No turn around is easy, ask Ottawa and Toronto.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When Bruins lose this series... : I have been critical of Boychuk for this entire season; Saturday's game only reassures what I previously thought of him as a player.  Ryder was overpaid from day one.  As for Paille, I wasn't referring to the trade that brought him here.  Rather, the fact that PC resigned him for the next two seasons.  At the time, I thought there were better options (like Sobotka), and it wasn't long until Marchand took Paille's spot.  Peter Chiarelli is not the worse GM ever.  It's just that he tends to give out large contracts to players who have proven very little when it really matters, like in the playoffs.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Like Ference who everyone slams, right, who was part of Calgary's big playoff run. Paille is trashed on all the time, but the fact is, he is a great defensive forward. If a player is not scoring goals, he's useless to a lot of fans.

Explains most of the Kessel love.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes and Kessel had no bargaining power either (sarcasm).  If you think there wouldn't have been teams lined up to part with draft picks and cash to snag Lucic, you are mistaken.

[QUOTE]I think some of you may be missing the point on Lucic's salary escalation from 625K  to 4 mill. He was an RFA which means he and his agent have no bargaining power when it comes to salary. PC could just have easily qualified him at a 10% raise ( 65K) or offer 3 mill. Instead he gave him 4 mill for thee years... Full dislcosure: I am a Lucic fan. He is worth 4 mill but the very point of the  RFA/UFA structure is to provide a proving ground for a player until he is a UFA in his prime and can get top dollar. PC gave Lucic top dollar immediatly and it does have its effect on the B's salary cap....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]