When Goalies Actually Get Hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When Goalies Actually Get Hurt

Bishop gets breathed on and is DOA.

Here's what a real collision looks like.  See the entire clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJxyIyTGMeE#t=105.

uYqdBP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: When Goalies Actually Get Hurt

It's the goalies fault for turning into Haula. Lehtonen left himself unprotected knowing the collision was coming. Very careless of Lehtonen. I feel the headbutt by Haula was warranted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's the goalies fault for turning into Haula. Lehtonen left himself unprotected knowing the collision was coming. Very careless of Lehtonen. I feel the headbutt by Haula was warranted.

Yeah, San.  Probably the first time in history a goalie is guilty of not keeping his head up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Haula was going to the net hard but was knocked off balance by the d-man,he hit Lehtenon hard,helmet to goalie mask,TT didn't look too anxious to come in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Haula was going to the net hard but was knocked off balance by the d-man,he hit Lehtenon hard,helmet to goalie mask,TT didn't look too anxious to come in.

Nope.  Not at all.

He must be pretty unhappy, going from Shooting Gallery A to Shooting Gallery B.  I can only picture Denis Lemieux, screaming at the world from under his mask, then getting on the phone.  "Trade me right f*cking now!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Nope.  Not at all.

He must be pretty unhappy, going from Shooting Gallery A to Shooting Gallery B.  I can only picture Denis Lemieux, screaming at the world from under his mask, then getting on the phone.  "Trade me right f*cking now!"

Yep, he was all farts & giggles when he found out Luongo had been traded there,sending out tweets about pumping tires,then he found out he was traded and the Henny Youngman routine stopped,looks good on him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Funny thing, when Thomas made his debut in that electric green jersey and red and blue pads I kept thinking 'Make me sick! P*ke everytime.Blah! Like that every time.'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Puck is in the blue paint, the goalie in the NHL can be hit.  Enough, Cheevers would have cross checked him.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It doesn't look like much could have been done. Haula appears to not have enough time to brace himself or hit the deck before impact. Right after his right skate's been hooked/clipped by the Dallas player's right skate he begins to lean forward and into Lehtonen right after he's taken the backhand. Their heads seem to be at about the same level; Haula as he's losing his balance and careening towards Lehtonen; Lehtonen in his crouch.  

Question. Does Huala look like he's trying to leap over Lehtonen's right pad and avoid the hit but instead launches himself into the goalie's head?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think goalies should be fair game outside the blue.  Wimpy weirdo goalies.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The NAS Bishop witch hunt - further evidence!

In the following footage Bishop clearly fakes his own death;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uagEmnUoh9c

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought TT looked good in his first game with Dallas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sara-2007. Show Sara-2007's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

This looks to be a 1 in a million freak occurance. Sorry about Sara's post (she was using my computer and thought she was elsewhere and things got messed up).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Sara-2007's comment:

Actions speak louder than words.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

She posted a post and thought she was elsewhere. I edited her post by inserting a period instead because her post was not relevent here.Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

She posted a post and thought she was elsewhere. I edited her post by inserting a period instead because her post was not relevent here.Cool

Not relevant? I've read a few irrelevant posts on here,hers couldn't have been that bad,could it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's always the goalie's fault.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Sarah - that was a more interesting read than one of Stanley's... sorry, couldn't resist.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is what Bishop looks like when he's really hurt:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

This looks to be a 1 in a million freak occurance. Sorry about Sara's post (she was using my computer and made a post elsewhere and things got messed up).

She's one fo the better posters these days!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This was clearly unintentional, but I cant fault Lehtonen either, he's tracking th epuck the whole time. Freak accident, but sure didnt stop old Lindy from crying.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bishop again clearly faking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw091bLW0sM

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

This was clearly unintentional, but I cant fault Lehtonen either, he's tracking th epuck the whole time. Freak accident, but sure didnt stop old Lindy from crying.

What does?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

As most any head coach would about losing his starting goalie in that kind of collision. 

Sections
Shortcuts