When I watch a Bruins game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

When I watch a Bruins game

And it's not just because of the Ducks game or Seidenberg being out, but when I watch a Bruins game it always seems like the Bruins have the puck in the offensive zone for hours and get in hundreds of shots into the goalie's crest.  Then when the other guys come back it always seems like it's an odd man break like a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 or something.  The other guys don't get very many shots a game, maybe like 7 or 10 or so, but they get really good shots when they get them.

I might be slightly off in the stats I just quoted, but it certainly seems like those are the stats when I watch a Bruins game.

Anybody else feel like this when they watch a game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: When I watch a Bruins game

Generally speaking, if you control the puck for an extended period of time in the other team's end, you're going to have more odd man rushes with players trying to get off on line changes (tired). I used to think the B's were the team that just shoots a ton into the crest, but really they haven't been that way for the past few years. In fact, they get off tremendous scoring opportunities. In the Ducks game, Hiller glove robbed Marchand and Bergeron. There are tons of outstanding tips, there are posts, and there are lot more good percentage shots that are earmarked for a corner of the net. The early Julien teams, yes, I'd say there was a lot of shooting it straight into the center logo of the goalie, more so just to get off shots. So, I disagree with your assessment of watching the B's, and I respect your views on B's here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think what it is...is that you are frustrated by the B's play, which has been certainly more spotty defensively since the Seidenberg injury. Rask too is looking shaky, which is bizarre in itself for a guy who has been rock solid as B's regular goalie last few years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the B's offense is fine, one of the few things I don't worry about at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The B's aren't bearing down with their chances.  And the D's are pinching alot more.  Then toss in the fact that the backend has been thin this year with injuries and you have the reason for why other teams are getting odd-man quality chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think it's just a Bruins thing, BadHab.  It's one of those things that you see often enough that it seems inevitable, like the guy who makes the amazing defensive play in the top of an inning being the guy who then cranks one on the bottom of the inning, or when the announcers praise a receiver for having great hands, he drops an easy TD pass....

This is exactly what happened on the Brown goal last night, though - Bruins putting on the pressure, dictating play in the third, then Brown heads out on a relatively defensible 2 on 1, the D forces the shot, and he just beats Johnson from a decent angle.  Game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't think it's just a Bruins thing, BadHab.  It's one of those things that you see often enough that it seems inevitable, like the guy who makes the amazing defensive play in the top of an inning being the guy who then cranks one on the bottom of the inning, or when the announcers praise a receiver for having great hands, he drops an easy TD pass....

This is exactly what happened on the Brown goal last night, though - Bruins putting on the pressure, dictating play in the third, then Brown heads out on a relatively defensible 2 on 1, the D forces the shot, and he just beats Johnson from a decent angle.  Game.

Yah BB, I guess you're right.

And I think I ought to try out hyperbole somewhere else, it didn't really work here.

Sections
Shortcuts