When Kabs was a Leaf

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

When Kabs was a Leaf

I watched him very closely and yes he is a good pass the puck kinda defenceman. BUT, there isn't much more to his game. Hopefully we can do a sign and trade and recover some of the hurt from this deal.

Skating: Average
    Physical Play: Weak
    Shot: Weak
    Leadership: Weak
    Passing: Excellent
    SandPaper:None
    Endurance: Low

Sorry to re-hash this subjuect but Kaberle is not the player we need. Weber or ..another tough PMD with hockey skills..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: When Kabs was a Leaf

Please tell us more about his leadership.

Have you seen him move along the blueline with the puck.  That's better than average skating.

I have seen him shoot the puck very well.  Why do you think it's weak?

34% of his career points have been scored in the last five minutes.  Are you sure his endurance is weak?

You forgot blocked shots.  So far as a Bruin, he's blocked 28 pucks in 13 games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In Response to Re: When Kabs was a Leaf:
    Please tell us more about his leadership. Have you seen him move along the blueline with the puck.  That's better than average skating. I have seen him shoot the puck very well.  Why do you think it's weak? 34% of his career points have been scored in the last five minutes.  Are you sure his endurance is weak? You forgot blocked shots.  So far as a Bruin, he's blocked 28 pucks in 13 games. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ok.
    His shot has no umph and is often wide.
    His lateral skating is above average, frontwards slow, backwards average = total average.
    Alot of his points in the last 5 min have been empty net assists 
    28 blocked shots is not bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to When Kabs was a Leaf:
    I watched him very closely and yes he is a good pass the puck kinda defenceman. BUT, there isn't much more to his game. Hopefully we can do a sign and trade and recover some of the hurt from this deal. Skating: Average Physical Play: Weak Shot: Weak Leadership: Weak Passing: Excellent SandPaper:None Endurance: Low Sorry to re-hash this subjuect but Kaberle is not the player we need. Weber or ..another tough PMD with hockey skills..
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

I still think Kabby will make his mark before the season is done.  However being a life-long Leaf fan I don't think your analysis is quite right.
    1. Shot is actually very good, but seldom used. That's really the issue there
    2. Passing is Excellent as you say
    3. Leadership:  Kabby is a quiet leader, leads by example.  I don't think it's necessarily his strong suit but I don't think it's weak either
    4. SandPaper:  Not his game, agreed
    5. Physical Play:  Not his game, agreed
    6. Skating: Is very good, but deceiving because he always skates under control and surveying up ice.   One of the best skating defenceman in the league IMHO
    7. Endurance?  Not sure what you base this on.  To me he seems to skate effortlessly the entire game, even when he plays 20+ minutes. 

This isn't the NBA.  He'll sign with the team he wants to stay with.  I was convinced he'd re-sign with the Bruins, but I now think it depends on his performance in the post-season.

I think PC overpaid, though, as I don't think there were many places Kabby would waive his NTC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: When Kabs was a Leaf : Ok. His shot has no umph and is often wide. His lateral skating is above average, frontwards slow, backwards average = total average. Alot of his points in the last 5 min have been empty net assists  28 blocked shots is not bad.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Yeah, okay.  Sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: When Kabs was a Leaf : Ok. His shot has no umph and is often wide. His lateral skating is above average, frontwards slow, backwards average = total average. Alot of his points in the last 5 min have been empty net assists  28 blocked shots is not bad.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

The Leafs score lots of empty net goals do they?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: When Kabs was a Leaf : The Leafs score lots of empty net goals do they?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I wish.

Leafs don't score lots of goals period....lol 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

again i repeat a brutal trade...what a joke  habs will take over top spot in no time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The playoffs are the true test. Powerplays are huge in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

How will the PP in the playoffs become magically excellent? when it has been horrible the last 20.Cry

No chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes Bruinsgenius, the B's grabbed the wrong guy. His weak shot is causing penalty killers to focus only on Z. I wouldn't mind so much if we got him for a lot less, but losing a 1st and second round pick plus Colborne doesn't give us many chips to deal for a PMD who can score more than 3 goals. Montreal (Subban) and other teams can draft these types (Weber, Myers, et al) but we only seem to draft small, frail, or slow sorts (Hunwick, Lashoff, Morrison, etc.) who come billed as PMD's but are at best 3rd line defensemen. I blame the scouts and management. B's could have had Weber but chose Mark Stuart instead. How do you not draft a 6'4" monster with a cannon of a shot when he's available? No, the B's of course went for character (Stuart). Character doesn't win, talent wins. Plain and simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How will the PP in the playoffs become magically excellent? when it has been horrible the last 20. No chance.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Too lazy to look at last 20 to make this an exact comparison, but last year the Bruins' PP was clipping along at 16.6% in the regular season, then went up to 24.4% in the playoffs.

Not saying it will happen again, but there is precedence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yes Bruinsgenius, the B's grabbed the wrong guy. His weak shot is causing penalty killers to focus only on Z. I wouldn't mind so much if we got him for a lot less, but losing a 1st and second round pick plus Colborne doesn't give us many chips to deal for a PMD who can score more than 3 goals. Montreal (Subban) and other teams can draft these types (Weber, Myers, et al) but we only seem to draft small, frail, or slow sorts (Hunwick, Lashoff, Morrison, etc.) who come billed as PMD's but are at best 3rd line defensemen. I blame the scouts and management. B's could have had Weber but chose Mark Stuart instead. How do you not draft a 6'4" monster with a cannon of a shot when he's available? No, the B's of course went for character (Stuart). Character doesn't win, talent wins. Plain and simple.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

How did all 30 teams pass on drafting Weber(18 teams passed on him twice)?But carry on trashing Boston because they weren't smart enough to draft Weber even though you knew they should.And how's that talent over character argument working out for the Leafs with Kessel?Too bad the Bruins were unable to acquire Yashin or Alexandre Daigle.Those guys were talented with  many character flaws........Sure am glad you continue showing up to teach us simpletons about the game.Whatever would we do without access to your opinion?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

. Montreal (Subban) and other teams can draft these types (Weber, Myers, et al) but we only seem to draft small, frail, or slow sorts (Hunwick, Lashoff, Morrison, etc.) who come billed as PMD's but are at best 3rd line defensemen.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

You know you're in dire straits when you're praising the drafting acumen of the Montreal Canadiens! Smile

The Habs have not been known for their strength in talent evaluations over the last 15 or so years. Maybe things are turning around. But those later round picks like Weber, etc....those are part evaluation and part luck. Can't fault the B's much there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Fact is Habs draft the players that they need, B's have to trade for them. That's a problem that hasn't gone away. Aside from Lucic, Krecji, Bergeron,Marchand, not much help has come from the system. Hopefully Spooner will be up next year, and maybe Knight, but the Canadiens sytem is much deeper. Look at the Hamilton record as compared to Providence. It all comes dwn to drafting talent versus drafting character. Skating and stickhandling are higher priorities than great family life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fact is Habs draft the players that they need, B's have to trade for them. That's a problem that hasn't gone away. Aside from Lucic, Krecji, Bergeron,Marchand, not much help has come from the system. Hopefully Spooner will be up next year, and maybe Knight, but the Canadiens sytem is much deeper. Look at the Hamilton record as compared to Providence. It all comes dwn to drafting talent versus drafting character. Skating and stickhandling are higher priorities than great family life.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Don't bother answering any questions.Just keep spouting misinformation in the hope it makes you feel superior to the masses.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Name the last impact defenseman drafted by the Bruins Dez. I'm waiting..............................................

Case closed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Habs are good drafters but no better than the Bruins.  The Bruins have drafted the likes of Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Bergeron all with 2nd round or worse picks.  The Habs have drafted players like Plecanec and Subban but they have had to trade or use free agency to get any kind of top 6 forward group.  Just like all teams, you have to bring in talent in different ways.  The Bruins have been very successful drafting forwards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

I beleive that a few years ago providence was about to set the all time record for most pts by an AHL team,  young players drafted by or scouted and traded for by the bruins. A good many of them made the jump to the NHL before the end of that season or more recently. Krecji, Versteeg, Stuart, Rask, Thompson, Hunwick, Boychuck are all fulltime NHL players today off that team.

How does the montreal system compare to that again? I't doesn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Name the last impact defenseman drafted by the Bruins Dez. I'm waiting.............................................. Case closed
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Sorry Boston drafts outside the top 10(impact range)every year and chose to take Thornton,Samsonov,Kessel and Seguin when drafting in that range.You can say case closed until your blue in the face,it won't make you seem any smarter to the knowledgeable fan.Name the last impact D-man drafted by NJ........or by any  team that didn't have to stink to do it.Don't bother with Weber,et al as you've already been discredited in that regard........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, true OatseCam, but they do little or mothing with their first round picks. And if you compare their roster composition with other teams, most other teams have a higher percentage of draft picks make the squad. Can anyone research this, I'd be curious. I'm just not enamored of their drafting style. Thank God they drafted Looch and Marchand, I'd hate to see Looch on another team. He's a born Bruin. Simply put, if the Bruins draft the best player available in the first round, they'll do much better than drafting for need. But I think their staff of scouts needs an upgrade. Maybe more input from Neely and Doug Jarvis for example.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

But I so enjoy discrediting you Dez. Keep 'em coming ; - )

Can you say Subban Dez?????? What round pleazzz

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins have drafted Kessel, Hammil, Colborne, Carron and Segiun in the first round.  The only busts in that group so far is Hammil.  3 have already played in the NHL, 2 are 1st liners/future 1st liners and one was used to land an impact defenseman.  I would call that not only good 1st round drafting but exceptional.  And the Bruins do not draft for need, they have a 'draft the best player philosophy', that is well known by draft junkies.  it's also evidenced by the fact that they have a huge stockpile of centers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

But I so enjoy discrediting you Dez. Keep 'em coming ; - ) Can you say Subban Dez?????? What round pleazzz
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

I'm waiting for you to discredit me once and for Subban to be an impact player.You throw that term around like it's nothing(Colborne-impact-next Esposito-LOL).Do you read what you've written before pressing send?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yes, true OatseCam, but they do little or mothing with their first round picks. And if you compare their roster composition with other teams, most other teams have a higher percentage of draft picks make the squad. Can anyone research this, I'd be curious. I'm just not enamored of their drafting style. Thank God they drafted Looch and Marchand, I'd hate to see Looch on another team. He's a born Bruin. Simply put, if the Bruins draft the best player available in the first round, they'll do much better than drafting for need. But I think their staff of scouts needs an upgrade. Maybe more input from Neely and Doug Jarvis for example.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

CURIOUS-I believe WRONG is the word you were looking for.Is it hard to walk with your tail between your legs?

Sections
Shortcuts