When Marchand comes back...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

When Marchand comes back...

How about sitting Recchi for a couple games and playing Paille. I am a huge supporter of Recchi but I think putting Paille on that line makes it better. He looked extremely slow tonight on some of the rushes. What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Re: When Marchand comes back...

I really would like to see Marchand with Bergeron and Seguin
    Recchi has been so-so of late, I doubt Claude would push him to the 4th line or scratch  him though.
    Removing him from the pp might be a good idea also

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sit the guy not giving 100%.  Ryder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's like the "lightening the minutes for Garnett" save him for the playoffs mode. Recchi was awesome in the first series against Buffalo last year and the first 4 games against Philly but ran out of gas. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: When Marchand comes back...:
    [QUOTE]I really would like to see Marchand with Bergeron and Seguin Recchi has been so-so of late, I doubt Claude would push him to the 4th line or scratch  him though. Removing him from the pp might be a good idea also
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]
    I am not pushing for him to be on the bench for the whole season. Just giving him a rest from time to time. It couldn't hurt him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I keep waiting for Recchi to step it up like he did last year, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  He's getting slower than slow and can't get into position.  Skating backwards to cover D tonight, he was inept-- Booth went right around him.  Should have been a hooking call on Recchi for that play.  

Recchi drags Bergeron and Seguin down on that line.  He has no jump and therefore can't forecheck or break out.   It's a 2 1/2 man line.  

He should recognize this in himself and retire.  Then it's Paille, Sauve, or Caron-- whoever plays best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I keep waiting for Recchi to step it up like he did last year, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  He's getting slower than slow and can't get into position.  Skating backwards to cover D tonight, he was inept-- Booth went right around him.  Should have been a hooking call on Recchi for that play.   Recchi drags Bergeron and Seguin down on that line.  He has no jump and therefore can't forecheck or break out.   It's a 2 1/2 man line.   He should recognize this in himself and retire.  Then it's Paille, Sauve, or Caron-- whoever plays best.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    Perfect example of why it isn't so easy to have forwards on the point for the PP.Bergeron is one of Boston's only forwards that isn't a liability when a guy is coming at him 1 on 1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Agree wholeheartedly that Marchand should be with Bergeron/Seguin.
    Big Rex fan but he looks real slow out there. Bad pairing with Seguin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Marchand-Bergy-Seguin would be a fun line to watch, but it's not like Recchi has been terrible...

He's on pace for almost 50 points this year...

That said, I'm sure his legs could use a break as they are older than Seguin and Marchand combined...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand-Bergy-Seguin would be a fun line to watch, but it's not like Recchi has been terrible... He's on pace for almost 50 points this year...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]
    Overall he's been good but he definately looked his age tonight.A rest here and there probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Fewer minutes for Recchi might be best... take him off the PK.

I like Paille competing with Marchand for 4th line spot.

And, who should play when healthy, Stuart or Kampfer... Special K made this big gaff tonight but otherwise solid so far?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Fewer minutes for Recchi might be best... take him off the PK. I like Paille competing with Marchand for 4th line spot. And, who should play when healthy, Stuart or Kampfer... Special K made this big gaff tonight but otherwise solid so far?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    Stuart plays for sure but Kampfer will push McQuaid for a spot.Unfortunately I was having visions of Hunwick with Kampfer tonight.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I don't see McQuaid losing his spot either. Stuart needs to come back and be a monster if he wants an extention. The way Kampfer has been playing (minus his Wideman like pass tonight, really just bad luck, redirected of the guys stick) I don't see Kampfer staying down in Providence next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I'm a Recchi fan is he is the only player to consistently go to the net. But he has to keep earning that spot in the top 9, and he's laboring out there to keep up with play at times. It makes no sense to play him on the 4th line, where you play role players and young players. Not saying to bench or waive Recchi necessarily, but maybe look at building in rest games for him esp. when the B's play on back-to-back nights.

While I'm a Caron fan, he's only got 2 assists in 7 games. Let him get some more games in down there and build some consistency. I'd like to see Marchand get some time with Seguin and Bergeron. Either keep stonehands on the 4th line with Campbell/Thornton or maybe give Arniel a shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]bring back Caron, sit Paille + Recchi.
    Posted by BopGun9[/QUOTE]

3rd time this morning i have said or agreed with this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I say rest rechhi have Marchand move up a line his speed will benefit Bergy and Seguin. Give Ryder (is a goal scorer and is having a better year)a couple more gms. then see if he will put in to 100%. As of late i am content with Wheels and Krejci. If Ryder does not work out send him and a condition for Setouguchhi , Ryder and good prospect for Moulson or to STL straight up for Winchester.

I would try these lines: but not necessarily this order
    Wheels Krejci Ryder
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Looch Savy Horton
    Paille Camp. Thorn

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Someone on twitter last night said Recchi had a flu or cold last night and was very stuffed up. That'd slow anyone down.

[QUOTE]I keep waiting for Recchi to step it up like he did last year, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  He's getting slower than slow and can't get into position.  Skating backwards to cover D tonight, he was inept-- Booth went right around him.  Should have been a hooking call on Recchi for that play.   Recchi drags Bergeron and Seguin down on that line.  He has no jump and therefore can't forecheck or break out.   It's a 2 1/2 man line.   He should recognize this in himself and retire.  Then it's Paille, Sauve, or Caron-- whoever plays best.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Recchi didn't look great last nite, however, I agree with Dez, he hasn't dragged the team down thus far in the season.  2 days off the ice, scoffing down turkey is more of an issue with older players than fatigue though.  Resting Rex at this point of the year, will make him slower.  Minimizing his ice time a bit, won't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand-Bergy-Seguin would be a fun line to watch, but it's not like Recchi has been terrible... He's on pace for almost 50 points this year... That said, I'm sure his legs could use a break as they are older than Seguin and Marchand combined...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

Agree, love to see this line as well. 

Rec is not going to sit but I would prefer he seen less minutes, like he had the last couple of years before coming to Boston, why would you retire when you get increased minutes and move from 4th line, get PP time.

Also would not mind seeing Sauve March and Seg as a speed line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think he should be a special teams weapon moreso than a fully shifted 6th forward. Recchi is still better than Anyone at getting infront on the PP play him on the PP. He is also really good on offensive zone faceoffs.

His Defensive skills and skating have deteriorated so you shouldnt have him out there in Dzone faceoffs PK time etc.. Julien needs to use his strengths and minimize the effects of his weaknesses. Still a great player and person, I want Rexster to finish this year out in a really good light. Lets hope the coach can see that and make it happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

To be fair, Recchi getting beat by a streaking winger while he did his cover-up duty, is to be expected. Not many Bruin forwards would have looked any different. I too thought he would have got a hooking call, except his hooking motion was too slow to be considered a hook.

Some good thoughts though. Pallie is a -1. So much for his being defensively responsible. The team stats indicate that there are only a few Bruins who are in the minus and Pallie should not be one of them. We all know he's not going to score goals and if he's a -1, what the he** is he doing on the checking line. Perhaps he should be checking out to Providence.

Love the idea of Marchand on a new line. I think this guy is going to be a scorer for the Bruins. He sure works hard. Great to see.

I also I'm begging the Bruins management to bring Caron back. I too believe if you play him lot's he will do good things for you. It would be great to see.

Lucic seemed a bit snarly. Nice to see.

Besides resting Recchi, Ryder could be moved out a few games as well.

Time to give Rask a start as well. Maybe even back to back starts.

It would be great to come out of the Sunshine with 2 wins. Go B's Go !!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Rex should sit and Marchand play in his spot, keep them on edge a bit wtih some fire to step up to stay in the lineup. There are a lot of games to be played and it may keep them fresher as well come playoff time.

Go B's

Sections
Shortcuts