When referee's want to be the stars of the game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

When referee's want to be the stars of the game.

This is the officiating we've been seeing (not only with Bruin games) is atrocious ! What are they doing ? 

Just in tonights Bruins - Toronto game there were so many bad calls . Don't get me started with the game on Thursday.  Today Eller of the Habs hits Scott, he goes down , that's not a penalty !! The guy can't skate !!! well it was 5-0 Habs , let give thme a penalty to try and help them . I've been seeing this in games since the start of the season.

Seguin said it well " HORSE SHIIT " ! Stop trying to be stars of the hockey game .

I thought they were supposed crack down on the divers ?  Instead those same rats get away with being yellow , flopping cheaters.

Then there's the department of player safety, Simmonds gets elbow , get concussion , leads to 3game suspension . Almost identical elbow on Hamilton but no injury = no suspension.  Discouraging.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: When referee's want to be the stars of the game.

you know Legion, it is said only fans of the losing team complain about the refs.

So here is me bucking the trend with you......THAT WAS BRUTAL!!!!!!

Total agreement, man.

Let's see:

saturaday night....check

Leafs playing....check

TO bias...check

TO loses anyway....check

As you point out.....it has been terrible all year so far. I thought CJ was going to have a seizure on the bench a few times....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tonight I thnk Leafs goal was good, Rask was pretty far out of blue paint. 

Bruins disallowed goal was good and maybe Reimer should have gotten interference or a trip.

Penalties on Seidenberg and Seguin - HORSE SHIIT

Was at the game Thursday not too far behind Bruins bench . Julien was livid 3-4 times. Here's a guy that would rarely get upset at the offciating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Bruins disallowed goal was good and maybe Reimer should have gotten interference or a trip.

Was at the game Thursday not too far behind Bruins bench . Julien was livid 3-4 times. Here's a guy that would rarely get upset at the offciating.

You know I typically use CJ as a kind of litmus test for officiating. He is usually an even keeled and fair guy. If he is fine or indifferent to the refs then the call is justified. If he is pi**ed then it is crap. I missed the Sabre game so I can't comment on that one but tonight almost every call he was definitely pi**ed. The Chara, Seguin, and Seidenberg calls were just plain bad. Especially since that Komarov guy was at one time riding Chara like a mule for half the ice as well as a couple of other oversights by the zebras....ugh.....I need a drink...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You could tell that with the CBC's 60th anniversary being honored at the game the refs figured it would be great to have the Leafs win, i mean every game has some iffy calls but i think every call went against the B's tonight. Also had to listen to Hughson, Simpson & Healy ( the three stooges) call the game, brutal, brought back horrible memories of the Nucks homerism in the B's Cup win. On a positive note, Tuukka , Chara and the 1st line played well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

You could tell that with the CBC's 60th anniversary being honored at the game the refs figured it would be great to have the Leafs win, i mean every game has some iffy calls but i think every call went against the B's tonight. Also had to listen to Hughson, Simpson & Healy ( the three stooges) call the game, brutal, brought back horrible memories of the Nucks homerism in the B's Cup win. On a positive note, Tuukka , Chara and the 1st line played well.

Um. How in the heck was that goal called off.  The ref saw the play was going in.  Oh wait brad fell.  He's hurt. No goal.  

I think the officiating is just bad all over.  That hand touch thing is stupid.  I normally feel we get a fair shake. Some games are better then others.  Tonight's was bad.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Suspend Reimer and show up the refs. I can't get over how bad that call was.

Honestly, I know it's not going to happen, nor should it happen but if I see him do that again, I want him run my MacD or Thornton. Complete bush league.

I might throw a sausage at him next home game ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Suspend Reimer and show up the refs. I can't get over how bad that call was.

Honestly, I know it's not going to happen, nor should it happen but if I see him do that again, I want him run my MacD or Thornton. Complete bush league.

I might throw a sausage at him next home game ;)

Thornton doesn't do things like that.  He's a very clean goon.  He gets called for things like hooking (because he's too slow), tripping (because he's too slow), and fighting (because he's a skating clown).  He doesn't do any of that dirty work.

That's for guys like Lucic and Marchand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Um. How in the heck was that goal called off.  The ref saw the play was going in.  Oh wait brad fell.  He's hurt. No goal.  

I think the officiating is just bad all over.  That hand touch thing is stupid.  I normally feel we get a fair shake. Some games are better then others.  Tonight's was bad.  

I am with you on this, shupe.  Not biased, just bad.  Last night was particularly bad, and much of it didn't go the B's way.

Also, growing tired of linesman constantly waving guys out.  Drop the puck already!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bad officiating has been around forever.

It's also easier to call a game from the luxury of a chair then out on the ice where the speed of the game makes it hard to get it right all the time. Making split decisions and without the benefits of using replays as us armchair referees have ? Understandable . Getting it wrong sometimes is part of the game ( human error ) that all teams have to live with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Only in Canada! Last night Subban boards John Scott, he turns around and punches Subban, roughing called on Scott, no penalty to Subban for boarding. Unreal..

Welcome to the NBA! Why oh why arent the refs held accountable for these horrendous calls?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Guess most of us were as disturbed at the flagrant bad calls last night. Guess these newer refs have decided to back up these poor decisions with stoicism and threats of additional minutes. let's bring back Paul and Terry who either apologized or explained their miscues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It's also easier to call a game from the luxury of a chair then out on the ice where the speed of the game makes it hard to get it right all the time. Making split decisions and without the benefits of using replays as us armchair referees have ? Understandable . Getting it wrong sometimes is part of the game ( human error ) that all teams have to live with.

Don't disagree Chowdah, but they should be fair game for criticism.  These guys are paid professionals, not volunteer Moms/Dads or High School/College kids getting paid $10-$20 a game. 

They often lack a feel for a game and make calls that they don't actually "see".  Bad feel for the game call is the Chara penalty for roughing Komarov, while didn't "see it" would be the two disallowed goals.  Poor work by the officials.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I would have counted the Leafs goal also.  Like I said they like the camera on them so they can wave their arms . NO GOAL , NO GOAL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Don't disagree Chowdah, but they should be fair game for criticism.  These guys are paid professionals, not volunteer Moms/Dads or High School/College kids getting paid $10-$20 a game. 

They often lack a feel for a game and make calls that they don't actually "see".  Bad feel for the game call is the Chara penalty for roughing Komarov, while didn't "see it" would be the two disallowed goals.  Poor work by the officials.

Officials, fair game for criticism ? Agreed and understood. They are paid to get it right. This doesn't always happen though because of the human error factor.

I'm just pointing out that there's two different ways to go out about looking at it. Complaining about it as some feel the need to do........or just taking it as bad officiating as being part of any sport at any level. 

Bad calls will never be eliminated ..........no matter how fans react to it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Imagine that , even they didn't undertand the calls, especially the one on Seguin.

Chowdah,yes bad officiating been around forever , true but add these new rules the NHL wanted enforced and this is the officaiting we get, brutal! It almost seems like the NHL wanted to call a certain way and the refs bring it to another level. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Chowdah,yes bad officiating been around forever , true but add these new rules the NHL wanted enforced and this is the officaiting we get, brutal! It almost seems like the NHL wanted to call a certain way and the refs bring it to another level. 

The majority of the games I have watched this year the officiating has been good. Maybe, get Centre Ice and you'll be able to see the same.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The majority of the games I have watched this year the officiating has been good. Maybe, get Centre Ice and you'll be able to see the same.

Your arm chair is not facing the TV

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I hold a mirror.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I hold a mirror.

AHHH that explains it. You know right is left and left is right on the reflection.  You're just like the refs, vanity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Officials, fair game for criticism ? Agreed and understood. They are paid to get it right. This doesn't always happen though because of the human error factor.

I'm just pointing out that there's two different ways to go out about looking at it. Complaining about it as some feel the need to do........or just taking it as bad officiating as being part of any sport at any level. 

Agree that bad officiating has been around forever and think we also agree that here is no bias. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

And don't forget the roughing on Chara.  Roughing...Really?  He could have really roughed him and chose to just send a message. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

And don't forget the roughing on Chara.  Roughing...Really?  He could have really roughed him and chose to just send a message. 

I thought the same Scooter. Zee probably wished that he gave him a punch considering he was penalized anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

I was at last night's game and we were like "A penalty?  For what?"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Agree that bad officiating has been around forever and think we also agree that here is no bias. 

Agree Crowls. And every teams fan's feels their team is getting shafted the worse. 

Sections
Shortcuts