When will the bs-habs series start?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxguy617. Show soxguy617's posts

When will the bs-habs series start?

Thurs or sat??? 

Bottom line, my friend has a voucher from ace tickets that he has to use by tomorrow and wants to get tickets for Saturday night....safer bet, game 1 or game 2?? Thanks 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: When will the bs-habs series start?

He should know by tomorrow.  I can't imagine the NHL announcing a schedule on Wednesday saying the series would start Thursday.  My guess is if we don't hear anything tomorrow, the series won't start before Saturday.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxguy617. Show soxguy617's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

He should know by tomorrow.  I can't imagine the NHL announcing a schedule on Wednesday saying the series would start Thursday.  My guess is if we don't hear anything tomorrow, the series won't start before Saturday.

Thanks man, good point 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleAlad. Show UncleAlad's posts

In response to soxguy617's comment:

Thurs or sat??? 

Bottom line, my friend has a voucher from ace tickets that he has to use by tomorrow and wants to get tickets for Saturday night....safer bet, game 1 or game 2?? Thanks 

More than likely game 1 will be on Saturday.  Northeastern University has the Garden booked for graduation setup on Thursday night and the ceremony itself on Friday at 10:30 am.  I suppose it's possible they could prep the ice in time for a Friday night game.  But I agree with goodnewsbears due to the logistics involved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

CBC just said it starts Friday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleAlad. Show UncleAlad's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Have a link to that?  Cannot find any such statement on the CBC website.  In fact, this article - in addition to listing some other factors previously mentioned - makes a strong case for why the CBC would want the game to be on Saturday:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2014/04/why_we_may_have_to_wait_until_saturday_for_bruins-habs_game.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to UncleAlad's comment:

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Have a link to that?  Cannot find any such statement on the CBC website.  In fact, this article - in addition to listing some other factors previously mentioned - makes a strong case for why the CBC would want the game to be on Saturday:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2014/04/why_we_may_have_to_wait_until_saturday_for_bruins-habs_game.html

I'm going to guess that he doesn't have a link to something he heard on TV.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

No link. It was during the intermission last night, Ron Maclean and Bergeron (Habs GM) were talking and they both referenced Friday as the day everyone would know who was in the line up for the Habs, they were insinuating that that was the day for game 1.

Sorry, I should have written an explanation instead of adding confusion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

RDS is saying a Thursday start with Game 2 being Saturday at 12:30.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/%C3%A7a-commence-jeudi-1.1141004

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleAlad. Show UncleAlad's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

RDS is saying a Thursday start with Game 2 being Saturday at 12:30.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/%C3%A7a-commence-jeudi-1.1141004" rel="nofollow">http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/%C3%A7a-commence-jeudi-1.1141004

**Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

The above schedule seems to be confirmed by KPD and his sources, but not yet officially by the NHL:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/04/29/bruins-canadiens-schedule-guessing-game/tMC1hEhkIFxvUaQOgFcbDL/story.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/04/29/bruins-canadiens-schedule-guessing-game/tMC1hEhkIFxvUaQOgFcbDL/story.html

If indeed true, some (perhaps many) fans who purchased tickets for game 1 or 2 will not be very happy with this schedule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleAlad. Show UncleAlad's posts

NHL just confirmed Game 1 is Thursday at 7:30.  No word yet on Game 2.  How nice.  I can't imagine it wouldn't be on Saturday, but the fact they haven't listed it yet, or a start time, means the date/time may still be in question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think game #2 is a Saturday matinee game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

maybe it's just me but hockey and matinee just doesn't sound right....  what, does nbc have a kennel club competiton penciled in for later in the afternoon or a re-run of dateline nbc in the evening?....

HNIC at lunch time!....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

maybe it's just me but hockey and matinee just doesn't sound right....  what, does nbc have a kennel club competiton penciled in for later in the afternoon or a re-run of dateline nbc in the evening?....

HNIC at lunch time!....

From what I have been reading and hearing is that the Saturday game time of 1230 is due to the Kentucky Derby. No way no how would NBC let anything get in the way of the Derby. I don't see what is wrong with a night start time of 8pm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I have no problem at all with matinee games. In fact, I like them. 12:30 is a bit early but who cares, it's hockey!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to paesan59's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

HNIC at lunch time!....

From what I have been reading and hearing is that the Saturday game time of 1230 is due to the Kentucky Derby. No way no how would NBC let anything get in the way of the Derby. I don't see what is wrong with a night start time of 8pm.

[object HTMLDivElement]

apparently in the US viewers would rather watch re-runs during primetime....  in contrast, here in Canada we grew up watching HNIC at night....  crazy canucks we are....

ask Don Cherry what he thinks of matinees....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

apparently in the US viewers would rather watch re-runs during primetime....  in contrast, here in Canada we grew up watching HNIC at night....  crazy canucks we are....

Or maybe we have a lot of viewers that don't stay up that late.  An 8pm game would be on until 11pm most likely...and that's without the almost expected OT.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Or maybe we have a lot of viewers that don't stay up that late.  An 8pm game would be on until 11pm most likely...and that's without the almost expected OT.

[object HTMLDivElement]

five hours of sleep, that's all i need....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Oh no!  Don't we suck in matinee games? ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Very exciting time to be a Bruins fan.  Can't wait for tomorrow night!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The only problem I have with a matinee game is personal , this means I have to get up at 5am to get my derriere to Boston !!! 

I'm too old then to stay up past 11 ;))

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleAlad. Show UncleAlad's posts

In response to UncleAlad's comment:

If indeed true, some (perhaps many) fans who purchased tickets for game 1 or 2 will not be very happy with this schedule.

The above appears to be true with regards to game 1 on Thursday.  Lots of folks currently on StubHub trying to dump their balcony seats below the TM cost, especially on the ends.  Prices seem to be dropping as the day goes on.  Bargains to be had if you have some patience/flexibility and can make it to the game.  Still outrageous for a balcony seat IMHO, but that's another matter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Perfect timing, good way to spend the 21st b-day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Saturday afternoon works for me. Kind of surprised NBC is having the game at that time especially since one is a Canadian team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UncleAlad. Show UncleAlad's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Saturday afternoon works for me. Kind of surprised NBC is having the game at that time especially since one is a Canadian team.

That could be exactly why they are holding off announcing the time.  Perhaps NBC is hoping for a Rangers vs. Penguins match up in Round 2 which could potentially draw a bigger US audience in two major markets.  Regardless, RDS - which has the rights to broadcast the game in Canada - was first to announce the 12:30 pm start, so they must know something that the NHL doesn't want to publicly say at this point.

Sections
Shortcuts