WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?

Man unreal didn't see the play since I am listening on the radio but they said it was an elbow. Hope Krejci doesnt have a concussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Re: WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?

In Response to WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?:
    [QUOTE]Man unreal didn't see the play since I am listening on the radio but they said it was an elbow. Hope Krejci doaesnt have a concussion.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

you'll see the replay - no elbow at all. clean hit from the shoulder. really bad call, krejci seems to be fine

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

cleaaaaaaaaaan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Not clean, point of contact was the head.  Should have been 5 and a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

You sound like a habs fan.  Good hockey hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Last year, this was a clean hit... but if the point of contact is the head, isn't that a no-no under the new rules?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

A deliberate attempt to injure, only 2 minutes, what a joke

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If head shots are illegal, it was an illegal hit.  If only blind side head shots are illegal, then it was a good hit. 

What the hell does sounding like a habs fan have to do with anything?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?:
    [QUOTE]Last year, this was a clean hit... but if the point of contact is the head, isn't that a no-no under the new rules?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Exactly...according to how it has been called all year that was a hit to the head and, hence, a penalty. If memory serves me correct then there were even one or two suspensions on hits that were comparable to that one....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I don't think the Kreji or Bergy hits were cheap.  Other teams are going to be physical with them (and Seguin) because they are the most skilled guys on the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Clearly NOT an elbow but no matter what angle you see it -- initial contact was the head. We can debate all night what the penalty could or should have been but based on the current definition of "head shot" -- it was NOT a legal hit and deserved a penalty.

All 3 on the Versus crew tonight disagree -- called it a legal hit and that DK should have been aware of the potential hit and could have avoided it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Someone posted Rule 48.1 on another thread.  Illegal head shots have to come laterally, or from the blind side.  Both Krejci and Bergie were hit from the front.  Good hits.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

It was a good hit.  If one of the bruins hit Stamkos like that we would love it. Im just happy that he is fine and finished the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Someone posted Rule 48.1 on another thread.  Illegal head shots have to come laterally, or from the blind side.  Both Krejci and Bergie were hit from the front.  Good hits.

It was from a blind side granted it was a bad hockey play of Krejci to have a blind side on that part of the ice it is still a blind side hit with the point of contact his head. Had Bergeron hit Krejci square in the shoulders it would have been a huge clean hit. A bad call for elbowing, but it was an illegal hit to the head from Krejci blind side. Again it was Krejcis fault for his positioning but the rules are their to protect the players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Any shoulder to the head hit is an attempt to injure in my book. Teams know the susceptible players too. Krecji, Bergeron, and Savard will be targeted for head hits as long as they are in the league. So will Crosby, now. It's a shame and the repeater culpits--Cookey Monster, Mike the Assasin Richards, and several others, should get suspensions measured in months, not games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I thought it looked clean when I watched it on Versus at the bar last night but I checked out the replay on NESN this a.m. and it looks worse than I remember.  It's too bad the NHL's still trying to figure this stuff out...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]Any shoulder to the head hit is an attempt to injure in my book. Teams know the susceptible players too. Krecji, Bergeron, and Savard will be targeted for head hits as long as they are in the league. So will Crosby, now. It's a shame and the repeater culpits--Cookey Monster, Mike the Assasin Richards, and several others, should get suspensions measured in months, not games.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Exactly...I'd love to see the NHL get rid of shoulder pads, although I know that is impractical, but these shoulder to head shots would dissaper...by the way, hall of famer, Scott Stevens started all this; clean hits at the time, but headshots with oversized shoulder pads are going to knock out a player. I love the hitting in hockey, used to have season tickets to the Bruins at the old Garden, but I dont' want to see MMA knockouts, nor do I want to see the best talent getting concussed out of the game. The practical solution is to make the shoulder pads evens smaller and softer and make headshots penalties much tougher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS? : Exactly...I'd love to see the NHL get rid of shoulder pads, although I know that is impractical, but these shoulder to head shots would dissaper...by the way, hall of famer, Scott Stevens started all this; clean hits at the time, but headshots with oversized shoulder pads are going to knock out a player. I love the hitting in hockey, used to have season tickets to the Bruins at the old Garden, but I dont' want to see MMA knockouts, nor do I want to see the best talent getting concussed out of the game. The practical solution is to make the shoulder pads evens smaller and softer and make headshots penalties much tougher.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I agree. They could go back to the soft shoulder/elbow pads IMO without an increase in Shoulder/Elbow injuries.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Clean hit, looks like Krejic lost Bergeron behind the ref but he should have kept his head up.

If shots to the head were illegal, yes, it would have been 5 and a game. Under the current rules, it should have been a no call.

Happy that Krejic looked ok and just shaken up. Has this kid ever had a concussion? Looks like he has a good jaw.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

That looked like a clean hit to me. Krejci just fumbled the puck and had his head down. Whomever feed him that pass also led him to be stretched out.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted."

As I said on the other thread Murphy will probably review it probably speak with MA Bergeron but no suspension. Regardless what the refs missed (elbow or shoulder) there was still contact to the head and Marc-Andre had David blind side so he should have avoided following through.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnjlydBcxPQ

This shouldn't have been a penalty and wasn't a suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBLqXF42H20

This wasn't a penalty nor was there a suspension.

I don't see how these are that much different besides the fact that Krejic was accepting a pass. I don't think it was a lateral or a blind side hit since he hit him in the chest/head area. Scary and bad hit but not deserving a suspension or penalty IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the head was never contacted! krejci was hit square in the chest,and his head whip-lashed forward(this is physics), and contacted the hitter. period. his arms and stick were down, he didn't leave his feet, and was square in front of him. after the concussion problems the b's have had, don't you think the team would have had some retaliatory action if they deemed it a dirty hit? was not even a penalty imo, why else did they "make it up", with the roloson non-delay penalty? think about it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

nrguy-

blind side

–noun
    the part of one's field of vision, as to the side and rear,where one is unable to see approaching objects.
    the side opposite that toward which a person is looking.

VS. announcer even says that Krejci didn't see him coming.  Krejci had his back to Bergeon to accept the pass, he pivoted and Bergeron blasted him. To me it was clearly a blind side hit and the principal point of contact was the head!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]the head was never contacted! krejci was hit square in the chest,and his head whip-lashed forward(this is physics), and contacted the hitter. period. his arms and stick were down, he didn't leave his feet, and was square in front of him. after the concussion problems the b's have had, don't you think the team would have had some retaliatory action if they deemed it a dirty hit? was not even a penalty imo, why else did they "make it up", with the roloson non-delay penalty? think about it
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Pause the video at 1:07 his head is contacted by Bergeron's shoulder!  

Sections
Shortcuts