WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?

meanE...so let me get this straight. every check into the boards where they are not looking directly at each other is a blindside hit? is it a slashing penalty EVERY time a guy gets slapped with a stick? is it holding EVERY time a guy takes his hand off his stick and puts it on his opponent? all of the vs announcers i heard called it a bad call, clean hockey hit. not that they are any authority, but you brought them up. the hit didn't come from anywhere krejci COULD NOT HAVE SEEN IT, IF HE HAD HIS HEAD UP. paille's hit earlier in the year fits your definition to a T, skated FROM BEHIND they play, looped around front and BLINDSIDED whoever the heck it was. i called that a cheapshot when it happened, and caught hell from everyone here supporting ference's comments on "gotta get these hits out of the game".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The bottom line is the Bolt winger had one thing on his mind..intent to take out Krecji...Who cares about "legally" clean hit??? It's about injuring a prime-time, finesse player. How often has Krecji, Savard, Bergeron ever 'taken out' out a player on a check. Krecji has had some nice checks that's he has thrown that are not only legal, but are crunchers, but have no intent to injure or no intent to "take out" a player. Anybody watching knows exactly what the intent was...And that's what matters..And that's why he was called for a penalty on the play. It's just plain luck that David said the bench yelled out prior to the hit so he could brace himself. Savard wasn't so lucky, neither was Patrice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I say automatic 10-min misconduct on any type of intent to injure check...Clean or otherwise...game misconduct if in the ref's minds, the check was illegal. Allow them to watch replay on those type plays too..then make the call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Watch how players will stop throwing those type of going after the player checks when they have to serve 10 minutes or leave the game....not so easy for a player to make a bad judgment decision, knowing the penalty is a harsh one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whether a hockey fan agrees with the rules or not the head was contacted and Bergeron had David blindsided with follow through. Murphy has been very fair in his rulings I will not get mad either way he rules.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

INever it is a contact sport.    n Response to WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?:
    [QUOTE]Man unreal didn't see the play since I am listening on the radio but they said it was an elbow. Hope Krejci doesnt have a concussion.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWrong!!! Good check, all shoulder, kept elboe down, bad call  n Response to Re: WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?:
    [QUOTE]Not clean, point of contact was the head.  Should have been 5 and a game.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: WHEN WILL THE CHEAP SHOTS END ON OUR BIG GUNS?:
    [QUOTE]meanE...so let me get this straight. every check into the boards where they are not looking directly at each other is a blindside hit? is it a slashing penalty EVERY time a guy gets slapped with a stick? is it holding EVERY time a guy takes his hand off his stick and puts it on his opponent? all of the vs announcers i heard called it a bad call, clean hockey hit. not that they are any authority, but you brought them up. the hit didn't come from anywhere krejci COULD NOT HAVE SEEN IT, IF HE HAD HIS HEAD UP. paille's hit earlier in the year fits your definition to a T, skated FROM BEHIND they play, looped around front and BLINDSIDED whoever the heck it was. i called that a cheapshot when it happened, and caught hell from everyone here supporting ference's comments on "gotta get these hits out of the game".
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

A blind side hit is legal, just not if it is to the head!  A slash is a slash a hold is a hold, the difference in the frequency of called infractions comes into play when you consider the damage to a player's career and well being.  One can live a full and rewarding life with broken bones, a broken brain is a different story.  The VS. announcers don't know the rule, SanDog posted it, it's pretty simple if you ask me.  They think that if it is not an elbow that it is O.K., which is disgusting journalism if you ask me.  My point was that they acknowledged that Krejci did not see him, thus Blind Side.  Blind Side plus principal point of contact to head = Rule 48.1.

Go back and look, I said that Paille's hit was a cheapshot as well.  By the way, how many players do you know that can receive a pass with their head up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The point of contact was Krejcis chest, not his head. I am a huge homer, but not that huge of one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Did anyone here the replay of the Lightning's radio broadcasters calling that play?  They were over the top! Screaming about how bad the call was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blowglobe. Show Blowglobe's posts

[QUOTE]Any shoulder to the head hit is an attempt to injure in my book. Teams know the susceptible players too. Krecji, Bergeron, and Savard will be targeted for head hits as long as they are in the league. So will Crosby, now. It's a shame and the repeater culpits--Cookey Monster, Mike the Assasin Richards, and several others, should get suspensions measured in months, not games.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Im not even gonna read all the replies to this post, simply put the hit was good until the very end, player reaction to raise your elbow, try it
    The ref saw elbow up in the end, headshot no doubt. Blind sided ?, close, The league will enforce this rule to no end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Im not even gonna read all the replies to this post, simply put the hit was good until the very end, player reaction to raise your elbow, try it The ref saw elbow up in the end, headshot no doubt. Blind sided ?, close, The league will enforce this rule to no end.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  That's what I was saying to vcec (Tampa Fan).  It happens to fast and all the ref saw was the forward motion of the arm/elbow and thought he elbowed Krejci.  Even McGuire that was between the glass when it happened called it an elbow.
    Now the rule blindside.  NHL missed the boat on this one.  When the hit coming   North - South and the player being hit does not see the hit coming (blindside) it's not illegal . When it's a East-West (Cooke-Savvy) then that rule for blindside comes into effect.
    In the IIHF any hit to the head no matter what part of the body gets hit is illegal.
    Slippery slope boys if the NHL goes this way.
    A big move would be to change the equipment before changing or adding more rules.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]The point of contact was Krejcis chest, not his head. I am a huge homer, but not that huge of one.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

There are Optometrists out there that are losing a lot of money, because many of you have a problem seeing clearly.  I am definitely not a Homer, just someone who has clear vision and chooses to use it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Im glad they called a penalty, no need to encourage shots like that on Krejci. He is always targeted by other teams

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The point of contact was shoulder to head.  It was mostly straight on, though Krejci was not looking.  It could be called roughing, charging or intent to injure, but it wasn't a clear blindside headshot or an elbow.  I do think it's sad that he threw the hit, it was a clear shot at his head.  A player should respect his fellow athlete more.

Sections
Shortcuts