Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk

In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : Colborne doesn't have the skills Seguin does and also needs to use his size more than TS if he is going to utilize those skills most effectively. If Seguin's skills were equal to Colborne, he wouldn't be with the big club right now. Fortunately, the kid is ultra-talented which helps him get by where others wouldn't.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I was not comparing their skills ,  I was using Colorne as an example coming from college hockey as you said ,  Seguin     " His biggest weakness is strength and college hockey is great for that. "
    It didn't make Colborne stronger as strength is his weakness so why would it have worked for Seguin ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk

In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : I was not comparing their skills ,  I was using Colorne as an example coming from college hockey as you said ,  Seguin     " His biggest weakness is strength and college hockey is great for that. " It didn't make Colborne stronger as strength is his weakness so why would it have worked for Seguin ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I think it did help JC, though. He gained like 20lbs of muscle (still weak, but he's still a boy amongst men), which is harder to do in junior because of the pace of the schedule. As JC said earlier, "I feel like I seem more comfortable in my body and I'm finally starting to grow into this frame."

Colborne also got some experience at wing and playing against older players, while playing big minutes. He's not an NHLer yet, but I believe all of the above still helped him to be "better off" today.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/former-top-pick-joe-colborne-facing-tallest-challenge-of-young-career-with-bruins.html