Where are all these "fans" during the regular season!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Where are all these "fans" during the regular season!?

They should ask Bruins trivia questions before selling you the tickets. 
    Wrong answer = no tix! Now going to a Bruins game has turned into a status symbol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Where are all these "fans" during the regular season!?

Where were you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

a lot of good knowing how many teams recchi played for, if you don't have 1,000's of dollars for tickets. and before we hear a jacobs rant, realize that van tickets are going for 40% more. crazy....  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The nature of supply and demand.  Is it a kind of weak that a bunch of rich fair-weathered hockey fans will gobble up the tickets for the Stanley Cup?  Yes.

Is there any other practical way to distribute tickets in the private market?  No.

If money's no object, go get the tickets.  Otherwise, I suggest going to your favorite sports bar and watching on a 72" HD tv with group of drinking buddies and saving a ton of money.    What a country.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all these "fans" during the regular season!?:
    Where were you?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Beat me to it.  Was just thinking the same thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

The nature of supply and demand.  Is it a kind of weak that a bunch of rich fair-weathered hockey fans will gobble up the tickets for the Stanley Cup?  Yes. Is there any other practical way to distribute tickets in the private market?  No. If money's no object, go get the tickets.  Otherwise, I suggest going to your favorite sports bar and watching on a 72" HD tv with group of drinking buddies and saving a ton of money.    What a country.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch its not so much the Richey Rich fairweather fans they could buy thier loge seats at 650$ a piece regardless. Its the fact that ticketmaster and all the ticket resalers have deals that IMO should be illegal.

All of the tickets are bought within the first few minuets of sale because of these deals that allow tickets to be sold way way above face value. Its impossible to even get tickets to good concerts anymore because of this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all these "fans" during the regular season!? : Fletch its not so much the Richey Rich fairweather fans they could buy thier loge seats at 650$ a piece regardless. Its the fact that ticketmaster and all the ticket resalers have deals that IMO should be illegal. All of the tickets are bought within the first few minuets of sale because of these deals that allow tickets to be sold way way above face value. Its impossible to even get tickets to good concerts anymore because of this.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Where I live, ticketmaster was sent packing by the Provincial Government who passed a law against ticket re-selling.  It's been great.  WE now have a local online ticket distribution system and it's way easier to control.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Regular season in all pro sports except the NFL is Boring, meaningless money grabing games. I don't blame the players. They couldn't play like this for 82games.
    regular season is dull hockey, but in toronto that is all

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all these "fans" during the regular season!? : Fletch its not so much the Richey Rich fairweather fans they could buy thier loge seats at 650$ a piece regardless. Its the fact that ticketmaster and all the ticket resalers have deals that IMO should be illegal. All of the tickets are bought within the first few minuets of sale because of these deals that allow tickets to be sold way way above face value. Its impossible to even get tickets to good concerts anymore because of this.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Totally agree, BTW.  The private market works just fine without the artificial inflation of a middle man.  I don't look to the government to solve this so much as the teams themselves.  There is obviously an agreement at some level that these brokers get a lot of tickets before individual fans and you would think it would be fairly easy for the team's to avoid this (if they wanted to).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Playoff tickets were available long before yesterday. Season ticket holders, game plan holders and regular fan were offered tickets weeks ago. If you didn't put in for seats then it's tough to claim to be upset now that they are in the Finals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Not in line at TD or on ticketmaster. Home watching in HD.
    Cant afford 1000 for a seat! 

I have been attending reg season games for 25 yrs now...Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I have no use for the new fans but even without people joining the bandwagon in the playoff cup tickets would be hard to come by and priced through the roof.

Sections
Shortcuts