Where are you from??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Where are you from??????

In Response to Re: Where are you from??????:
    Aylmer , Quebec Just outside of Ottawa
    Posted by 1punchknockout

Is the Pink Panther still open? I know they changed the name to just Pink because of copy rights.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Great thread, very interesting.

Born and raised in western Mass (Berkshires), then to Somerville, then to Oxford, Ohio, and now have been living on the west side of Denver for 9 years.

SanDog, I went sea kayaking with my wife in La Jolla last year.  Nice place.  Not a prison town...big money there!

MrVMax, you live in a great part of Colorado.  I try to get out to Dillon/Breck/Frisco at least once a year.

A tip of the glass to the satellite tv and the NHL package.  I hardly ever miss a game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I'm from Welland Ontario home of Dan Paille.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

I was born and raised in Granville, MA, but currently live in Los Angeles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Braintree, MA...shocked at how more than half the people who have responded don't live in Mass...anyone travel through my town?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dh4222. Show dh4222's posts

I lived in Boston all my life up until 2008, I now live in Ottawa, Ontario. I've been a Bruins fan my entire life and I really miss being home. Ottawa is certainly not Boston! Everytime the Bruins play the Sens I'm at the Scotiabank the Sens fans are horrible. I have to admit though hockey is everywhere in Ottawa and the surrounding areas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Braintree, MA...shocked at how more than half the people who have responded don't live in Mass...anyone travel through my town?
    Posted by kelvana33

Well I travel through your great town all the time, being from North Weymouth (especially Christmastime to see the lights).  I was just as suprised to see how many people who responded are not from NE.  It's nice to see fans that are from all over.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Born in Quebec City and living in Drummondville just between Quebec City and Montreal. I'm a Bruins fan since 1970. I went to game 4 against the Flyers and game 6 against the Canucks. Great game. I was sitting just behind Yzerman and Colin Campbell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

State College, Pa. now but raised in upstate NY, which put me in a weird spot for sports. I live and die with the Bruins, hate the Red Sux as a Yanks fan and hate the Patriots as a Raiders fan.

Other than that, I'm normal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Where are you from?????? : Well I travel through your great town all the time, being from North Weymouth (especially Christmastime to see the lights).  I was just as suprised to see how many people who responded are not from NE.  It's nice to see fans that are from all over.... 
    Posted by gardenbees

lol, thats right where I live.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Olean, N.Y., which is 70 miles due south of Buffalo: Sabres country. B's fan since '74. The only time I was ever in the old Boston Garden was for an Alice Cooper concert in the spring of 1973.

Covered the Sabres for a year for a newspaper I worked for, got to interview O'Reilly, Cashman, Jonathan, Ratelle, others. Interviewed Don Cherry, who was coaching the Rockies at the time. Hockey people are great people. The only jerk I ever ran into was Fred Shero. Stood and talked hockey with Glen Sonmor, who was coaching Minnesota, for 20 minutes after all the other reporters had left. I had never met him, but he had all the time in the world for me. That's something you never forget.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

East Millinocket Maine bruins fan since birth
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

I know that area well as my mother's from Benedicta!  I still have lots of family up there and try to make it up there at least once a year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Born and raised in Chicago,(still there) been a Bruins fan since the early 60's....Hawks mostly had the Bruins number in Chicago but favorite games are any that #4 played in and the game where Neely went crazy and got like 3 goals and 4 assists....I know it was 7 points........got a beer dumped on me but who cares!! Also was there when Sanderson got into a fight with Ray McKay of the Hawks and threw his jersey into the crowd....priceless!!! Worst was when Chelios of all people wailed on Sandy Moger who turtled....humble pie time!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Born in St. Catharines, Ontario ( home of the old Black Hawks farm team and now the Ice Dogs, nice to see Dougie Hamilton being picked).
     Now I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario home of the mighty Niagara River.
    Attend Ice Dogs periodically and Niagara Falls Jr. B games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Born and raised in the World's #1 hockey city...Montreal! I've been a Bruins fan since I was captivated by the rushes of Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins characters like Teddy Green, Cashman, Sanderson, Pie Mckenzie, the Chief , Stanfield, etc etc etc !   Montreal is a great city if you love hockey. Sports pages filled with hockey   news even in July ! There's so much competition that the journalists check their stories and sources 10 times over before the stories are printed...because if they're wrong they are out of a job the next day. No story is off limits ! If it involves a hockey player the story will be printed.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

You know it's summer everytime one of these threads pops up.
    So Mr. BOA now I know why you think you know more about hockey than anyone else on this board.  It must be that Montreal arrogance.
    I also am from Montreal but am a modest hockey fan. Don't let me find you BOA!
    I'm kind of lucky in the buisness I'm in I get to travel a lot to the good ol' U.S of A. Make it down to Boston at least -10 times a year.
    Growing up vacationed a lot in the area . Mostly in Clinton and Milford Connecticut.  Parents would rent a beach house for a month or 2weeks every summer.  The cape was too expensive.
    Since I could remember was always a Bruins, Patriots (Dallas NFC ), Celtics and Red Sox (Expos National) fan.  
    Maybe I'll retire one day in a quiet area of New England.
    Any suggestions from the New England base ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm from somewhere between Parts Unknown and Deepest, Darkest Africa.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Where are you from?????? : I know that area well as my mother's from Benedicta!  I still have lots of family up there and try to make it up there at least once a year.
    Posted by jalvis

cool who knows maybe i know some of your family or played sports against them in high school if they went to Katahdin High

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Where are you from?????? : You know it's summer everytime one of these threads pops up. So Mr. BOA now I know why you think you know more about hockey than anyone else on this board.  It must be that Montreal arrogance. I also am from Montreal but am a modest hockey fan. Don't let me find you BOA! I'm kind of lucky in the buisness I'm in I get to travel a lot to the good ol' U.S of A. Make it down to Boston at least -10 times a year. Growing up vacationed a lot in the area . Mostly in Clinton and Milford Connecticut.  Parents would rent a beach house for a month or 2weeks every summer.  The cape was too expensive. Since I could remember was always a Bruins, Patriots (Dallas NFC ), Celtics and Red Sox (Expos National) fan.   Maybe I'll retire one day in a quite area of New England. Any suggestions from the New England base ?  
    Posted by BsLegion

Portland, Maine!  Small enough city, ocean, mountains, and northern shoreline. Boston is but a couple hours away, train service.  Lastly, Canada rules the coast line during the summer! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Where are you from??????:
    I'm curious to see where Bruins fans are located (I know they are all over the world !!) I did attend game 4 at the Garden on June 8th. I was seated way at the top, behind the net (don't recall what section exactly) but next to me was a Bruins fan from Ottawa, we also had Bruins fans from Toronto, same row... and a Canucks fan from Quebec City (but a nice guy to watch a game with !) I'M A BRUINS FAN FROM MONTRÉAL
    Posted by Bruinsforever

Montreal, Qc   5 minutes walk to the Bell Center ....I hate the habs ...
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YeOldeWinesock. Show YeOldeWinesock's posts

God's country.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Born in Boston, brought up in Wakefield, now living on the South Shore. NEED to get to more Bruins games next season. I've been rooting for this team since 1966.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

I lived in Boston all my life up until 2008, I now live in Ottawa, Ontario. I've been a Bruins fan my entire life and I really miss being home. Ottawa is certainly not Boston! Everytime the Bruins play the Sens I'm at the Scotiabank the Sens fans are horrible. I have to admit though hockey is everywhere in Ottawa and the surrounding areas.
    Posted by dh4222

I love Ottawa (as a city, not the Sens).  Got friends up there in Nepean and Kanata.  I've been up there a couple times to see the 67's and that's a great take.  They have kind of su**ed the last couple years though.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

Funny thing and totally coincidental. I just bought a new house in a little community called Boston Ontario. My friends think I'm moving there because of the name.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Live in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Born in Springfield, Mass.

Go B's!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

Sault Ste Marie Ontario
         Been a B's fan since 1969-70 which means I've been lucky enough to witness 3 of the 6 cups

Sections
Shortcuts