Where does this one rank?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Where does this one rank?

Stating the obvious, but that was one of the--if not THE--single best playoff game/win by the Bruins I may ever have seen.

Off the top of my head I'm trying to think of comparable games and the first that comes to mind is Game 6 2008--again against the Habs--that crazy see-saw battle capped off by Marco Sturm's game winner in the 3rd.

But last night's game had it all--from Ryder's glove save and a beauty in the first, to TT's heart-stopping game-saver in double OT, to all the chances both teams had up and down the ice.

I wonder though if other Bruins playoff wins that didn;'t quite have that level of excitement still rank higher just b/c they were series-clinchers, and the 2 that pop to mind are Game 7 over NJ in 1988 when Craig Janney picked off a pass in the offensive zone, made a beautiful deke to beat Sean Burke and put the B's in teh Finals...or what has for a long-time been one of my personal favorites, Brad Park game-winning blast from the point in game 7 vs. Buffalo, 1983.

Pick 'em:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Where does this one rank?

I voted Janney, just because I was eleven and I remember it being the first time I got to stay up for a big game and watch it with family friends.  A house full of people were all going crazy for that game

Although the actual play of that game was Lemlin's RIDICULOUS save on Pat Verbeek... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8CuPS4kyRs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Game 6 2008.  Although it was the 3rd period that really made that game.  Last nights had a little more to offer for the full 4 hours.  If they go on to win the series I'll move this one up. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAo46-Rpqiw

My favorite Bruins defensman Brad Park had my heart pounding in game 7 against the Sabres the same way it was last. Last years Double OT with satan winning it was awesome but not like 83' with Brad and not like last night because it was the Shabs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I liked game 5 1999 vs the cains nice come back in the third and anson carter scored in double overtime i believe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Where does this one rank?:
    [QUOTE]I liked game 5 1999 vs the cains nice come back in the third and anson carter scored in double overtime i believe
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that one! Carter went into the full-blown dive on the ice after the goal...and yes, it was double OT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

And Game 4 on Thursday night was pretty good too.  LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

sorry, but the best b's playoff game i ever witnessed was a downer....

Petr Klima sinks b's in triple ot in 1990 Finals....

former bruin Bill Ranford is incredible and guy he was traded for, Andy Moog, lets in cheapie....

still remember Glen Wesley missing wide open net....

Oilers in a cakewalk thereafter....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Where does this one rank?:
    [QUOTE]Stating the obvious, but that was one of the--if not THE--single best playoff game/win by the Bruins I may ever have seen. Off the top of my head I'm trying to think of comparable games and the first that comes to mind is Game 6 2008--again against the Habs--that crazy see-saw battle capped off by Marco Sturm's game winner in the 3rd. But last night's game had it all--from Ryder's glove save and a beauty in the first, to TT's heart-stopping game-saver in double OT, to all the chances both teams had up and down the ice. I wonder though if other Bruins playoff wins that didn;'t quite have that level of excitement still rank higher just b/c they were series-clinchers, and the 2 that pop to mind are Game 7 over NJ in 1988 when Craig Janney picked off a pass in the offensive zone, made a beautiful deke to beat Sean Burke and put the B's in teh Finals...or what has for a long-time been one of my personal favorites, Brad Park game-winning blast from the point in game 7 vs. Buffalo, 1983. Pick 'em:  
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Didn't see the game but watched the highlights on the Bruins site. This must have been one hell of a game if not the greatest game in the Habs-Bruins rivalry. I remember with chagrin the final 7th game of the 71 playoffs when the Bruins lost 1-0 to the Canadians. What a tense battle that was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

holy shiat, you guys have good memories.  the smoke around here must be a little harder on the braincells than i thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]sorry, but the best b's playoff game i ever witnessed was a downer.... Petr Klima sinks b's in triple ot in 1990 Finals.... former bruin Bill Ranford is incredible and guy he was traded for, Andy Moog, lets in cheapie.... still remember Glen Wesley missing wide open net.... Oilers in a cakewalk thereafter....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Great point--that was an unbelievable game...just the outcome was horrible for B's fans. I still resent Wesley for winning a Cup w/the Canes after he missed that open net with the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAo46-Rpqiw My favorite Bruins defensman Brad Park had my heart pounding in game 7 against the Sabres the same way it was last. Last years Double OT with satan winning it was awesome but not like 83' with Brad and not like last night because it was the Shabs. 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I remember the Park goal against the Sabres. Back in the day you couldn't watch every game on t.v like you can now. I remember i had to watch an Oiler game and the announcer said "and now a update from the Bruins -Sabres game", and it showed the puck coming back to the point and Park laying into it. I just about jumped through the roof when it went in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindaSF. Show lindaSF's posts

[QUOTE]sorry, but the best b's playoff game i ever witnessed was a downer.... Petr Klima sinks b's in triple ot in 1990 Finals.... former bruin Bill Ranford is incredible and guy he was traded for, Andy Moog, lets in cheapie.... still remember Glen Wesley missing wide open net.... Oilers in a cakewalk thereafter....

Was at this game, last game I saw in person before moving west. It was a great game, but I wish it had a better ending. B's were flat, down 2-0, until Ray Bourque got things going and scored both goals, in the third period I think. 3 OTs, lights went out, a lot of players were dehydrated and could barely finish a shift (I especially remember Janney was useless) and the game winner was scored by someone who hadn't played any time in OT so had fresh legs. Lot of missed chances by both teams, especially Wesley missing the empty net...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where does this one rank? : Was at this game, last game I saw in person before moving west. It was a great game, but I wish it had a better ending. B's were flat, down 2-0, until Ray Bourque got things going and scored both goals, in the third period I think. 3 OTs, lights went out, a lot of players were dehydrated and could barely finish a shift (I especially remember Janney was useless) and the game winner was scored by someone who hadn't played any time in OT so had fresh legs. Lot of missed chances by both teams, especially Wesley missing the empty net...
    Posted by lindaSF[/QUOTE]

except for not mentioning that Bill Ranford stood on his head, you summed it up pretty much....

i was so upset i called in sick before going to bed....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That was my 1st game at the Garden. Awesome game with an incredible letdown to end it. With Moog on the bench,Bourque scored on a one timer to send it to OT(Bourque's 2nd of the period if I remember correctly).Klima scored on only his 3rd shift in almost 60 minutes of overtime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAo46-Rpqiw My favorite Bruins defensman Brad Park had my heart pounding in game 7 against the Sabres the same way it was last. Last years Double OT with satan winning it was awesome but not like 83' with Brad and not like last night because it was the Shabs. 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Watching that Youtube clip the other thing I'm reminded of--and I remember thinking this at the time watching the replays live--was how close Park came to taking off the head of #5 for Buffalo...the guy down on his knees...watch how close the puck comes to his head...an inch the other way and that guy is       d-e-a-d...Park really laid into that puck! I also remember literally falling to my own knees in relief and ecastacy that the Bruins won that game...unfortunately they had to move on to face that ridiculous Islanders dynasty team & lost the series 4-1.

As fate had it I was living on Long Island at the time and attended all of those games at the Coliseum in my Terry O'Reilly Bruins jersey...and it was O'Reilly who scored the game winner in OT in game 4 to keep the Bruins from being swept.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I remember also the oates goal off the faceoff vs the sabres in the first round i forget the year though......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

personal fav for me is probably savy in game 3 vs the habs in 2008 just because i was there

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]personal fav for me is probably savy in game 3 vs the habs in 2008 just because i was there
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I also love Savvy's OT winner in 2010 vs. Philly in Game 1.

Don't think I've ever seen a player so happy after a goal...really hope that wasn't the last OT winner of his career, altho' it likely is.