Where has Bergeron gone? EDIT - Where's Krejci?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Where has Bergeron gone? EDIT - Where's Krejci?

I know all you Patrice lovers will pounce on me.
    I like the guy , he was one of the best faceoff guys tonight but his line , besides a little bit of Marchand , brings no offensive threat what-so-ever. 
    If he doesn't produce the Buins are cooked!
    All the Habs have to do is clutch and grab the KHL line and the Bruins will have trouble scoring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Where has Bergeron gone?

BsL

Where has Lucic gone.  he hit 30 and disappeared.  PB has been invisible as well although he was amazing on the draws.

I worried about this all year.  2-1 games anyone can win.  And montreal has much more proven players.

I hope samsonov is reading this.  still would want some of our guys over gionta, cammallerie etc etc. 

No PP, no proven scorer, our captain isnt a very good captain on the ice when it counts and TT looks like he is scared to lose.

Oh, and Martin is one of the best coaches in the league.  Gotta tip your cap to price and montreal.  they out bruined us on this night in our own barn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Recchi is slowing down that line.  Recchi should play on the 3rd and Pev with Bergy and March.  I am also starting to think that you need to separate Luc from Horton to put size on the first 2 lines!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Where has Bergeron gone?:
    [QUOTE]BsL Where has Lucic gone.  he hit 30 and disappeared.  PB has been invisible as well although he was amazing on the draws. I worried about this all year.  2-1 games anyone can win.  And montreal has much more proven players. I hope samsonov is reading this.  still would want some of our guys over gionta, cammallerie etc etc.  No PP, no proven scorer, our captain isnt a very good captain on the ice when it counts and TT looks like he is scared to lose. Oh, and Martin is one of the best coaches in the league.  Gotta tip your cap to price and montreal.  they out bruined us on this night in our own barn
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

you should start another thread about Lucic .  This one is for Bergeron.

As for Price you would have been good in nets for the Habs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bergeron won close to 80% of the faceoffs tonight....but true he is not the same player since he missed a few game for an unknown reason ...on the other hand I think we should bring in Seguin and play him with Marchand and Bergeron ...Recchi should sit ...way too slow ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Shupe,  maybe if Bergeron could get something going they could layoff on Krecji.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where has Bergeron gone? : you should start another thread about Lucic .  This one is for Bergeron. As for Price you would have been good in nets for the Habs.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Sorry man,  but Price was great as he has been all year for them.  Calm cool and winning hockey games with a very avg club in front of him.  I could almost start a Gill vs Chara debate as well. 

I am ticked off and likely should just call it a night.

Must win saturday is just around the corner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron won close to 80% of the faceoffs tonight....but true he is not the same player since he missed a few game for an unknown reason ...on the other hand I think we should bring in Seguin and play him with Marchand and Bergeron ...Recchi should sit ...way too slow ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Bring Seguin ??? Really ??? Sure there are some players in this lineup that are just looking awful but Seguin would have been the leading shooter on Price's chest tonight.  He can't break through that fortress the Hab D created in front of Price.
    Why didn't Gill ever play like that on the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I don't know where Bergy has gone but I do know Recchi needs to be GONE!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Gill is a UFA this summer.  I mentioned this to Dez yesterday.  But has there been a better Dman in the playoffs over the last 3(now 4) years,  He is a leader and does anything to win. 
    Montreal did this last year.  Its gonna be hard to break through that and now a gleaminly confident Price. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't know where Bergy has gone but I do know Recchi needs to be GONE!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413

Too easy to blame the old man.
    Bergy is just not creating anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If there was any Bruin I'd never suspect of coasting its Bergeron and I know you're not suggesting that, Legion.  It appears he's as industrious as he has been all season.  We know about his contributions on the D-side of things but lately, for some reason, the offense is not following him around. 

It would help the Bruin cause a hell of a lot more if he gave the Habs someone else down the middle besides Krejci and perhaps to a lesser extent, Peverley, to concern themselves with inside their own blueline. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where has Bergeron gone? : Too easy to blame the old man. Bergy is just not creating anything.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Recchi is slowing that line down miserably. He is way way passed his prime and is lucky to touch the puck lately. He's late on almost every play and he's not getting to the net like before. Stick Peverley with Bergy and Marchand. Clod will let Recchi in and sit Seguin no matter what. Kind of like Ryder.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bergeron?  Why are you talking about Bergeron.

2 goals on 20 shots.  Say what you will but a stat is a stat.  2 goals 20 shoots.

Now as stupid as I am I have in fact figured out in my game that no matter how hard you shoot the puck into the crest of the goalie you can't score on that shot.

Horton?

Marchand?

Thornton in the lineup against this team?

Clearly CJ going to pull the goalie with the traditional minute left?  Talk about a clear as day time to lift the goalie early, tonight was it.

Not enough net front presence, with like 3-4 even 5 minutes left 6 guys out there would put someone in front.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Recchi has had 70 percent of his points during special situations. The guy should not be playing alot of 5 on 5 minutes. 

Bruins would be better to put in Peverly or Paille instead of Recchi 

CJ is just too stubborn. I want the bruins to win but realistically we can't get past the second round again at best

I expect PC and CJ to get the boot after this year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Their best players were better tonight then our best players. This is how playoff games are won.

Let's move on to Saturday. Round two...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Where has Bergeron gone? EDIT- Where's KREJCI?

So far the best player in this game.  Showing a lot of heart.

Now let's see if Krejci can wake up .  After the Bruins goal Krejci had the 2-2 goal on his stick and choked.  Could have been a different game and/or series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

Re: Where has Bergeron gone? EDIT - Where's Krejci?

Watch Krejci join the Czech world championship team and shine under smart and creative coaches there. I think he is sick of CJ's offensive non-plans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Where has Bergeron gone? EDIT - Where's Krejci?:
    [QUOTE]Watch Krejci join the Czech world championship team and shine under smart and creative coaches there. I think he is sick of CJ's offensive non-plans.
    Posted by StiHacka[/QUOTE]

give me a break !!!!  Blaming Julien for a player that has all the opportunties to shine offensively and he does not.  Why can't do anything on the PP ??  Julien's fault when he misses passes  , bad decisions on the ice , shooting the puck on net before they have any presence in the o-zone ALL JULIENS FAULT . RIGHT?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

A fish stinks from the head down. CJ's system demotivates. Drains creative energy. Chokes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Legion - I think Bergeron's effort has been there, but you can see him spending way too much time focusing on Julien's defensive system. He can't do everything alone. Like everyone else, it just seems clear that the line doesn't have the same spark. I'd like to see Peverly join that line, giving Bergeron a little less pressure to carry the play every second. Sorry to do this, but....

Lucic-Krejci-Marchand
    Peverly-Bergeron-Horton
    Ryder-Campbell-Recchi
    Thornton-Kelly-Paille

Would make all the difference to a guy like Bergeron, in my opinion....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

asmaha,Like I said not tonight. He played very well.  I never questioned his heart. In an interview I heard between the period you could hear the intensity in his voice.
    He's playing his heart out and the goals will come and it did.
    I edited my question to Krejci now.

All of you with Juliens system and that is why players don't do well offensively is bogus!
    Jacques Martin preaches the trap so much more than Julien so how come guys like Gionta , Plekanec and Cammaleri playing the trap don;t have this problem ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Brad Marchand has been the best Bruins player so far in the playoffs. Hate him all you want but the kid is the only winner on this team right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

True that...I was reacting to the lack of chemistry of that Bergeron line the past month. Fair enough on this game. They looked fine.

To answer the question, guys like Gionta and Cammaleri aren't asked to be 30-goal scorers and, despite the fact they look good right now, they are not the type of guys that will lead a team to the Cup. Look...there are dozens of 2nd and 3rd line guys out there. What we as fans of the Bruins are looking for is someone to rise above the rest. We don't have that. We don't have a Daniel Sedin, Perry or Ovechkin. Instead, we have a bunch of good character guys but no leader. There's nobody on this team that can lift them up on their shoulders.

It's hard to take, but they're not different than most other teams. The thing that really gets me is spending so much money on depth guys and not having enough to build a true top line. Julien and Chiarelli love the likes of Paille, Campbell, Ryder, Kelly, etc...but they are just 3rd and 4th line guys who get good money, only to see 8 minutes of ice time when playoffs start.

Enough of that. Fill your 4th line with guys under $1 mil and spend that money on someone who can put the puck in the net. 

Sections
Shortcuts