where is Semin going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

where is Semin going?

he basically said he wasn't signing in Washington, where could he end up? 
    Nashville? Detroit? My guess is Toronto for a long term deal. as long as he's not from ontario, burkie wants him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: where is Semin going?

KHL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the KHL as well, I'm guessing he'll get a bigger/longer offer there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

while it might be a lie, his agent did say that he was determined to stay in the NHL. lets assume for the purposes of this conversation that he is staying in north america 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The question makes me wish I was a little less mature.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Semin is destiny to be the lesser of a Alexi Yashin.  "Faugh a Baugh" or clear the way for Semin in the Swedish League along with whatshisname Soderberg.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Pardon my ingnorance on this one but did he really state that? Can you provide a link?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going?:
    while it might be a lie, his agent did say that he was determined to stay in the NHL. lets assume for the purposes of this conversation that he is staying in north america 
    Posted by patriotpat99

Of course his agent is going to say that, he's not going to eliminate NHL teams from bidding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : Of course his agent is going to say that, he's not going to eliminate NHL teams from bidding.
    Posted by kelvana33

I don't see how saying "we're considering all options available," would eliminate NHL teams from bidding. but rather, he said this (also answering the poster who asked if i could provide a link, TSN is your friend): http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=396041

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : I don't see how saying "we're considering all options available," would eliminate NHL teams from bidding. but rather, he said this (also answering the poster who asked if i could provide a link, TSN is your friend):  http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=396041
    Posted by patriotpat99

Thanks for the link.

Depending on the $$ needed to sign him, it might be interesting. My only concern is how bad he looked in a much more defensive minded team this year. That is pretty much what Boston is: a defense first team. 

Although I am intrigued, I would have to say pass and I expect a team like Detroit to try and snag him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : Thanks for the link. Depending on the $$ needed to sign him, it might be interesting. My only concern is how bad he looked in a much more defensive minded team this year. That is pretty much what Boston is: a defense first team.  Although I am intrigued, I would have to say pass and I expect a team like Detroit to try and snag him.
    Posted by Ronstar8

Me too Ron. I'm not inclined to like a guy who plays poorly and then complains about a lack of ice time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Hopefully Montreal, for an expensive/long term deal. They need someone like him to replace Kovalev.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : Thanks for the link. Depending on the $$ needed to sign him, it might be interesting. My only concern is how bad he looked in a much more defensive minded team this year. That is pretty much what Boston is: a defense first team.  Although I am intrigued, I would have to say pass and I expect a team like Detroit to try and snag him.
    Posted by Ronstar8

i doubt PC even considered it. in the free agent market i'm willing to bet he's looking for short term solutions

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : i doubt PC even considered it. in the free agent market i'm willing to bet he's looking for short term solutions
    Posted by patriotpat99

True. But I do believe we'll see PC pull off a trade this off season to bring in a top 6.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : True. But I do believe we'll see PC pull off a trade this off season to bring in a top 6.
    Posted by Ronstar8

a few questions

why? who do we get? why is that team willing to give him up? what are we giving up? why are we willing to give that up? what are the cap implications?

in other words, i find that highly unlikely

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The question makes me wish I was a little less mature.
    Posted by OatesCam

First thing that popped into my head: Regina Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If he were a right winger, Semin to Boston might me a rumble.  The B's already have a first line left winger.  This guy is going to make some serious dough somewhere.  My guess is a surprise team, sort of like when the Devils acquired Kovalchuk.

He played hard in the playoffs, even going down to block a shot or two.  Not every player has to be a superstar two way forward to be worth their money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

peverley has no shot? not exactly sure who you've been watching...peverley is number 49. so who do you target? I don't know what you consider top 6

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

saying "he has no shot" is much different than saying "he doesn't have a great shot." he is a very good shooter, well above average. guys like lucic and horton that are capable of scoring 30 and playing that power forward style don't grow on trees. The top goal scorers this year that could be considered power forwards would be Ovechkin, Iginla, Ryan, Nash, Simmonds, and then Lucic. Those players don't grown on trees. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If he were a right winger, Semin to Boston might me a rumble.  The B's already have a first line left winger.  This guy is going to make some serious dough somewhere.  My guess is a surprise team, sort of like when the Devils acquired Kovalchuk. He played hard in the playoffs, even going down to block a shot or two.  Not every player has to be a superstar two way forward to be worth their money.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree with this. Talented offensive players like Semin don't grow on trees. Like Kovalev before him , someone will pay for his talents hoping he'll work out for them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : Good point.  I'd consider Iginla for one year.  But I would suspect Calgary would be asking for too much.  The player I'm looking for is a role player.  A top scorer, but just another one.  One that would work well playing on any line.  I think PC and my mentalities are very close.  I would just be willing to pay a little bit more for that particular player.  Not sure if I'd pay in the Ovechkin/Nash range.  But certainly more than your typical bottom 6 salary.
    Posted by mattc355

ummm what? i don't get it. a top scorer, who is also a role player? those don't exist, top scorers are known as...well, top scorers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The question makes me wish I was a little less mature. Posted by OatesCam

Heh ^Nice!

http://www.capgeek.com/

Chuck Fletcher needs some pop in his offense. What will do when he finds out home grown talent Parise does like to return home during the summer but fishing n hunting equipment is expensive. Bryan Murray has $12M to play with this summer and Ken Holland could be looking if he also loses out on Parise.

Or Nas has it with a total shocker of move from another GM...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He sure scored some timley goals against  the Bruins.
    That's what allowed a team like the Caps play that system and await their chances on the PP.  Players like him and Ovechkin need 1shot to win a game for you.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

In all honesty, anywhere in the hockey world except Boston. Any GM who spends top 6 Salary for Semin should be analyzed for brain damage.

Sections
Shortcuts