where is Semin going?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: where is Semin going?

In Response to Re: where is Semin going?:
    In all honesty, anywhere in the hockey world except Boston. Any GM who spends top 6 Salary for Semin should be analyzed for brain damage.
    Posted by PINEwarmer

He's 28 years old with 408 points in 469 games.

You don't think that's worth second line money?

This guy is a first line player on almost every team in the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : He's 28 years old with 408 points in 469 games. You don't think that's worth second line money? This guy is a first line player on almost every team in the NHL.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

i don't know about that. definitely first PP unit though?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If this question isn't an inuendo I don't know what is LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

If this question isn't an inuendo I don't know what is LOL
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

in whose endo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I agree that there can be room on the roster for guys who are great on offense and poor on defense.  That's why you have coaches - they put the right guys on the ice in the right situations to get the benefit of their talents.  They staple Klima's butt to the bench for two hours, then give him and his fresh legs a shift.

I question whether you can be successful in the playoffs, though, if that guy or those guys are your top line guys making the bulk of the money.  If you're going to live and die with them, you'll die more than you live unless they're Gretzky good and backed up by a goalie who can hold the fort**.

Better if they're plug and play pieces you can bounce between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines - assuming your 3rd line isn't a checking line - depending on the opponent and situation.  Can't pay that guy what Semin is likely to be seeking.  But if it turns out that Semin has to take an ego cut to stay in the NHL and he's available at, say, $3M?  Hmmm.

***Grant Fuhr's numbers are awful.  He won a Vezina with a 3.43 GAA and a .881 save%.  The only goaltender to play more than 10 games and have a higher GAA this year was Dwayne Roloson, who replaced Fuhr as Hasek's back up at one point.  The only goalie to play more than 5 games and post a worse save% was Rick DiPietro (.876).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But if it turns out that Semin has to take an ego cut to stay in the NHL and he's available at, say, $3M?  Hmmm.'

If that is what Semin would be offered, which I don't think it will be, then he bolts for tax free money in Russia. Frolov kept getting offered more than $3M but he couldn't carry Semin's jock.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: where is Semin going? : i don't know about that. definitely first PP unit though?
    Posted by patriotpat99

I think it's a fact. He has the talent to play on any first line in the league. I don't think theres much doubt as far as his talent goes. His character? Now thats a different question.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Semin is going to...

a) local watering hole
    b) neighbourhood rub n tug
    c) Hell or Siberia
    d) all of the above

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hopefully no where near Boston. I've watched this guy play many times living in the DC area and he is one the laziess players I've seen. If people got frustrated by Ryder this guy would send them over the edge. Very talented but a total loafer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But if it turns out that Semin has to take an ego cut to stay in the NHL and he's available at, say, $3M?  Hmmm.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Why would he need to take a drastic pay cut?  His numbers were down early in the season, but he turned it on past the half.  At 28, he's entering his best years and is currently almost a point per game player.  He might make a bit less next season, but won't make under $6M.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

It's in the league bylaws that either Toronto or Detroit has the first shot at any player leaving his team for any reason. Since Detroit seems to have dibs on Parise and Suter, it's Toronto's turn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think he is going to go to Nashville. Poile will have plenty of money to throw around once either Suter or Weber (or maybe both) jump ship and will need to do someting relatively big to placate the fan base.  Like him or not, Semin has aquired a reputation as an enigma and I don't see many top contending teams willing to shell out major dough for this kind of player. Well, Sather maybe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Hopefully Montreal, for an expensive/long term deal. They need someone like him to replace Kovalev.
    Posted by 1punchknockout

My thoughts exactly!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That's what she said!!! OK, I couldn't hold it in any longer. That's what she said!!! Damn it, it keeps coming...

Semin scores a lot, so he's going to make good money somewhere. I would pass on him for the Bruins' lineup. In a cap world you have to pick the players you build around carefully. Boston has a good bunch who score and are committed to a team concept and all-around hockey. I don't like that his post-season ppg drops to .66, though I think that is heavily influenced by this year's Caps team's ridiculous commitment to defense and grinder players. His shot is awesome. I would say find him a spot if he would take between 5 and 6 but I think he'll get more, and he'll want more icetime than typical Bruins' forwards get.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

when he scores a goal is it a money shot?

Sections
Shortcuts