Where is the First Line ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Where is the First Line ?

Krejci is + 3....Lucic is + 3...Horton is + 1

Bergeron is + 18...Seguin is + 17....Marchand is + 16

With out mucking with the chemistry of the team, why not move Pallie up to the 1st line and put Lucic down to 4th for a game or two. I think Pallie would play well with Krejci.

What ever. We need more goals out that 1st line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Where is the First Line ?

I was looking at the stats and was surprised to see Lucic with only 4 goals this year.  When he gets going, look out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

While I agree with you, I don't think that Paille is the answer. If we were to shake up the lines the only change I would make would be swap Lucic and Seguin. Seguin and Krejci do very well together on the PP and adding Horton to that line gives them the physical presence thats needed on that line. Lucic with Bergeron and Marchand will also help open up space.

I swear if Seguin would start putting his shots ON THE DARN GOAL that line would be doing even better. I can't even count how many times I've seen the kid streak down the ice and fire a shot up into the glass. He's getting to be worse than me in that respect (if you ask any of the guys I play with, I'm notorious for shooting over the net).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Krecji line started the season really well but seem invisible at times lately, Lucic hasn't scored and Horton hasnt played physical enough all year imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

*Second line

They've been pretty streaky over the past couple seasons, but when they get going they are close to unstopable. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As long as the TEAM finds a way to win, that's all the matters. We'll see what presents come @ trade deadline time to help make this team even better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

*Second line

They've been pretty streaky over the past couple seasons, but when they get going they are close to unstopable. 

The "first line" is the line that gets the most ice time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Krejci is + 3....Lucic is + 3...Horton is + 1

Bergeron is + 18...Seguin is + 17....Marchand is + 16

With out mucking with the chemistry of the team, why not move Pallie up to the 1st line and put Lucic down to 4th for a game or two. I think Pallie would play well with Krejci.

What ever. We need more goals out that 1st line.

Why not send Lucic to Providence, call up Jordan Knacksted, and trade Paille for Iginla?

I love this place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

They're 18-4-3 no need to mess with the lines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People are saying that Lucic is playing without effort or heart or whatever.

He's leading the team in hits.  RTS are sketchy often, but he's the leader.  The dude is playing.

Goals will come.  Wins are already here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

While I agree with you, I don't think that Paille is the answer. If we were to shake up the lines the only change I would make would be swap Lucic and Seguin. Seguin and Krejci do very well together on the PP and adding Horton to that line gives them the physical presence thats needed on that line. Lucic with Bergeron and Marchand will also help open up space.

I swear if Seguin would start putting his shots ON THE DARN GOAL that line would be doing even better. I can't even count how many times I've seen the kid streak down the ice and fire a shot up into the glass. He's getting to be worse than me in that respect (if you ask any of the guys I play with, I'm notorious for shooting over the net).

I completely agree with the Seguin part. it's almost automatic that he'll hit glass when he's attacking with speed down the flank. I wish he was as accurate as he is on penalty shots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The nomenclature may be awry, but there's going to be some eruption soon. You couldn't draw up a better line combination than Kreji/Lucic/Horton, they just need to get into gear. Why would anyone tinker with Bergeron's line. Marchand was hurt, but looks like he is coming back quickly. Caron/Peverly/Pandolfo need some time to mesh, and none are really goal scorers, so an adjustment like Spooner could be in the mix. Moving Caron on a line with Campbell and Paille would aslo improve the overall capability. Can't see replacing any defenceman except Jounson, but a regular D-man with speed and puck sense, to spell off each of the current D, would be helpful in this shortened season.would be a

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The nomenclature may be awry, but there's going to be some eruption soon. You couldn't draw up a better line combination than Kreji/Lucic/Horton, they just need to get into gear. Why would anyone tinker with Bergeron's line. Marchand was hurt, but looks like he is coming back quickly. Caron/Peverly/Pandolfo need some time to mesh, and none are really goal scorers, so an adjustment like Spooner could be in the mix. Moving Caron on a line with Campbell and Paille would aslo improve the overall capability. Can't see replacing any defenceman except Jounson, but a regular D-man with speed and puck sense, to spell off each of the current D, would be helpful in this shortened season.would be a

Good post Bogie. Lots of solid points. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You usually wait for consecutive regulation losses before you start shaking things up.  Unless you're Tortorella, and then you just fling k-rap at the wall until you've so destroyed any chemistry on your team that even your $24M line can't figure out which end of the stick is up.

That said, if your express goal is to get Lucic scoring, the best shake-up for him has always been to put him with Seguin and have Seguin centre a line with him and whoever.  They were light's out against Toronto a couple of years back - Seguin hat night as I recall.  Recent gaffes aside, Lucic's skill set is all about creating space for himself and for others, and Seguin in space is deadly.  If offense were an issue, I'd go with Lucic-Seguin-Peverley, Marchand-Bergeron-Caron, Paille-Krejci-Horton, and then a fourth line.  Paille gets time with Krejci by virtue of his recent hot streak, but I'd be just as happy with Campbell there for a game or two - ditto Spooner or Tardif. 

Like I say, you don't re-jig all the lines unless you're completely stale - you let the guys who are struggling work out of it.  You alter the distribution of ice time.  But if you had to put things in a bag and shake it, this is how I'd do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ominiously enough, CJ is now talking about mixing things up a bit.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You know what I think?

Lucic is a guy that occationally goes through struggles where he looks lost and ends up taking some shifts on the 4th line.

Horton is a guy that occationally goes through struggles where he's invisible and seems not to care.

In two seasons here with that line largely intact, I'm not sure I remember any long stretches where both were struggling at the same time - or if they were, Krejci was as well.  I think that may be all we are seeing now, a bookend slump on that line.  One of them will get out of it, then we won't care so much that the other is slumping.  If both get back to normal at the same time (and Krejci stays consistent), other teams will be in trouble.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2011-2012     Bruins     7     1     2     3
    2011-2012     Bruins     7     0     3     3

Hope Krejci and Lucic do this again in the playoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Lucic seems disinterested and looks like he's skating in mud. He needs someone to p_ ss him off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Lucic seems disinterested and looks like he's skating in mud. He needs someone to p_ ss him off.

These types of posts are my favorite and a top reason I come here.  It's always good to know that there is a psychologist on board to tell us, from body and possibly facial expression, how someone is feeling about the game.

I'm a bit confused how a disinterested player would end up with approximately 88 hits while the #2 on the list has 62.  Oh, and that 88 hits?  That's good for 10th in the league.

How can he be skating in the mud and still be able to catch that many guys?

Fill us in, Dr. Ruth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You never know NAS, he might well be a clinical psychologist.

As for the Krecji line, yes they are the first line by virtue of the minutes they recieve. As a first line, they do indeed need to be more consistent. Lucic is on track for, what 15-16 goals prorated to a normal 82 game season? Simply not good enough for $6 million. Krejci got the big contract late last season and needs to be the player he was in the 2011 playoffs. We have not seen that on a consistent basis since. And Horton, yes it is nice for his contract negotiations that he is playing it safe by not initiating contact but it is not translating to production.

Let's face it, the 2013 Bruins are essentially a one line team at the moment...though props to the 4rth line for at least putting in the effort to rekindling the 2011 magic.

Yes, an 18-4-3 regular season record is nice and it is a wonderful thing to be in this position but the playoffs are an entirely different animal. For this team to succeed in the post-season all lines need to be functioning efficiently and thus far, this has not been the case. Anyone who argues to the contrary is just deluding themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts