Where is Timmy going??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Where is Timmy going??

In Response to Re: Where is Timmy going??:
    [QUOTE]TT is staying put....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Well then why did they refuse to trade Rask then?  It makes no sense to refuse to trade Rask because he is your goalie of the future only to have him leave.  I doubt very much that Rask will sign a contract to be Thomas back up and he should not have to. He is a top 10 goalie in the NHL and would start on most teams.

Yes I know he is a RFA and we have his rights but the NHL is not the only game in town.  I read somewhere that the KHL is expanding into the Scandinavian countries and there may be a team in Finland next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I would think hard before a trade Tim Thomas. I for one am not convinced we can win in the playoffs with Tuukaa Rask as our goalie. He was part of the problem when we blew the 3-0 series lead to Philly a few years back. I'm not putting all the blame on him, but he couldn't come up with the big save when we needed it in the last 4 games & the first goal he gave up in game 7 in that series was weak and helped change the momentum in that game. This team is built with winning the Stanley Cup in mind.  If we trade Timmy and Tuukka struggles, then what? Or what if Tuukka gets hurt? The Blackhawks parted with the goalie who won them the Stanley Cup and it hasn't worked out for them. They are now looking for a goalie who can get them back to the Stanley Cup finals. Personally, I would keep Timmy and make another run at the Cup next year. If it doesn't work, then go ahead and get rid of him. The return in a trade for Timmy would not be great because of his age and would probably not help the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Timmy going??:
    [QUOTE]I would think hard before a trade Tim Thomas. I for one am not convinced we can win in the playoffs with Tuukaa Rask as our goalie. He was part of the problem when we blew the 3-0 series lead to Philly a few years back. I'm not putting all the blame on him, but he couldn't come up with the big save when we needed it in the last 4 games & the first goal he gave up in game 7 in that series was weak and helped change the momentum in that game. This team is built with winning the Stanley Cup in mind.  If we trade Timmy and Tuukka struggles, then what? Or what if Tuukka gets hurt? The Blackhawks parted with the goalie who won them the Stanley Cup and it hasn't worked out for them. They are now looking for a goalie who can get them back to the Stanley Cup finals. Personally, I would keep Timmy and make another run at the Cup next year. If it doesn't work, then go ahead and get rid of him. The return in a trade for Timmy would not be great because of his age and would probably not help the team.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

When people blame Rask for losing to the Flyers, I have to think they have an agenda.  Have you looked at the roster that was playing in front of him for the last 4 games.  That as the year we traded away Kessel and did not replace him.  The four centers were Bergy, the concused ghost of Marc Savard, Trent whitfield, and Steve Begin.  Wideman was playing awful and Ference was playing with an injured groin.  Thomas has never won a series with that weak of a team infront of him either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Thomas is the best goalie the Bruins have right now, but this guy took up a lot of oxygen this year - a lot of psychic energy - and in the hockey world this is, both highly unusual, hence entirely objectionable.
    If Timmy hadn't lost Game #5 for the Bruins all might have been forgotten ...forgiven
    The Bruins are probably weighing all this right now.
    Bruins need a Top 3 Forward. Unless they make a splash in the Free Agent Market, it's gonna be some amount of Thomas and/or Krejci that's gonna get it for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Trade him at the deadline. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

To The Caps for Ward!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

How about Chicago, Thomas, Krecji, 1st pick for Kane and Crawford, change of scenery trade for all, I like Krecji but not sure hes worth the 5 plus mill a year, Crawford perfect back up for Rask with starter experience in case of injury

Sections
Shortcuts