WHERE THE TORONTO PICK WILL LAND???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

WHERE THE TORONTO PICK WILL LAND???

In an attempt to take a break from all the Habs and CJ threads, i would like to ask everyone on here where they think the TOR pick will end up.

For the last couple of weeks, i've stated that it will be a top 5 pick and i'm standing by that assertion.  Most of the teams below MTL have been picking up plenty of points as of late. If the Leafs can go on some type of losing streak, it won't take long for many squads to leaf-frog them in the standings.

The one thing that TOR has going for them right now is that Kessel has finally started scoring some big goals since that last time they played BOS. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: WHERE THE TORONTO PICK WILL LAND???

Yes i was kind of not expecting To to play that well with what they have.  Like i said in another tread...i think that optimus Reime is giving them confidence and he is making a big difference!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm no longer sure of the 5th pick, but I still maintain hope, it is well within the realm of possibility.

Leafs are winning because of a hot goaltender and a contributing Kessel and everyone is healthy.

They are fragile, an injury, Reimer going cold, and if Kessel goes cold he can take down the whole team with all the press he attracts when he goes cold and an attitude that hurts.  I believe the comments like 'gee whiz the puck is just not going in..." hurts morale because he never says anything positive, like 'just keep skating hard and keep shooting and things will go my way', or if he does say that no one ever hears it.

The Leafs are very vulnerable.  I would be surprised if they manage to keep this up the rest of the season.  Odds are that they get hit by a losing streak sooner rather than later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

As draft watchers, we obviously need Toronto to lose, but we also should be cheering for:

- STL, Columbus, NJ, and Atlanta are our top priority
    - We should also be cheering heavily, though not get too emotionally invested in, NYI and FLA (more so NYI)
    - Cheer for all the playoff bubble teams

The pick is currently 8th overall. I think it gets to 6 before the lottery. Here's why:

1) Picks 1-3: teams that have no chance at catching Toronto:
    -Ottawa
    -Edmonton
    -Colorado
    - All are 10 or more back and done like the Chowdah/NAS relationship

2) Picks 4-5: teams that have an outside chance at catching Toronto:
    - NYI
    - Florida
    - Both 5 points back; NYI playing pretty well lately

3) Pick 6: Where I predict Toronto ends up

4) Picks 7-8: Teams that should catch Toronto:
    - NJ
    - Atlanta
    - 2 points back and even; NJ on absolute fire; Atlanta picking it up or on a dead-cat bounce

5) Picks 9-playoffs: Teams Toronto could catch:
    - Buffalo (probably not)
    - NYR (probably not)
    - Carolina
    - St. Louis
    - Columbus
    - The East teams are in a playoff race which will make it harder for Toronto to catch them as they won't be giving up and giving rookies a shot; STL and CBJ, however, are basically finished so it's possible a hot Toronto team edges them out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Based on the player rankings, seems like there is a drop-off after the top-6.  That's what i'm hoping for, since it's hard to believe that the Leafs can maintain their current pace.

Final 13 games, include:
    - Bruins (2)
    - Detroit
    - Montreal
    - Washington
    - Tampa Bay
    - Buffalo
    - Carolina
    - New Jersey

Like to see the B's take care of business and help to bury this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's remember that any pick can be a winner or a loser. Just think of Datsyuk and some of the other long shots that have emerged. First 5 should be good , but many pundits thought that Hamill at 8th was a good pick. He just stopped growing, and is still slick, as he showed in his 3 game tryout, but not really big enough to be what the Bruins need. He could be a good trade chip as they look for better defense prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ive stated all along 8 to 10 and they will make the playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Where will the pick land?

Providence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Really good assessment DC it's pretty much where my thinking is at around 5 or 6 with NYI the wildcard with a final push. Shoot if Montoya plays like he did the other night the rest of the season that #5 could happen.

Two other things concerning PCs thinking that keeps me confident say the pick is 8-10 (doubtful with Crowls TO schedule post) is which players dropped down at last years draft several good players. Having TOs pick and the Wild's 2nd rounder could be used to move up for a player Chiarelli absolutely is blown away by hopefully Hamilton.

Chiarelli also mentioned he has an offer for the TO pick so who's to say that was only at the trade deadline and not for right before the draft. For some reason I smell Dale Tallon is behind that offer the man is aggressive.

Still confident even if the pick drops that the Bruins will get a good player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Was reading some Oilers message boards and they were floating the idea of getting two top picks this year by offering up Hemsky and LA's 1st (from Penner trade) to a team with a top pick.

Obviously it depends on where exactly that pick lands, but would you guys make that trade?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: WHERE THE TORONTO PICK WILL LAND???:
    [QUOTE]Ive stated all along 8 to 10 and they will make the playoffs
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

If pigs fly and the Leafs make the playoffs, doesn't that automatically mean the Leaf pick is no better than 14 (30-16)?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

LOl right 49 what i meant was 8 to 10 and a bold preiction of making the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carolina tomorrow night should be a loss. Florida could catch the Leafs on back to back then the Bruins can help themselves on Saturday....

Sections
Shortcuts