Where to go before and after game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Where to go before and after game?

Headed to Saturday's afternoon game with some buddies. Where do four Bruins fans from out of state go before and after? Local pubs/taverns preferred.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Where to go before and after game?

The Harp or Porter's are right there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Best food and sports ambience in the neighborhood is The Fours...get the teriyaki steak tips, they are unreal.  You could also walk to the North End for great Italian, but the Fours should be a definite stop if from out of state if you've never been.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

NICE my father and bro are going to the game Saturday. Plus i'm going tonite.

Here my take on it. This is what i do.

If you want to sit down and have a meal. Go to the Fours, plus you can drink as well and their tables to sit down as well as a bar.

If you want something cheap food and still be able to drink, Hit Halftime pizza.

If you just want to go to drink or like myself hit the fours then hit Sullys next door. Cheap drinks 3 bucks. Cause you are looking at 20 buck for 2 drinks inside the garden....

That where i go and recommend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

the Pushcart in the North End. Half Time Pizza or The Fours if you want to eat near the Garden. Obviously The Fours is more of a sitdown bar but Half Time has good slices, beer and hockey fights on the TV's.

Go to either The Penalty Box or Sullivans if you just want beers/drinks before the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phatdude47. Show Phatdude47's posts

Half Time Pizza! Right across from the Garden and 32 oz beers :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Halftime was always a classic option. No doubt.  Their pizza may not be quite as good as Regina's or Santarpio's, but it's close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Hell no is halftime pizza even in the same ball park as Regina's or Santarpio's

It just a cheap place to eat before a game lol. Not a bag deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Thanks, we'll check 'em out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Where to go before and after game?:
    Best food and sports ambience in the neighborhood is The Fours...get the teriyaki steak tips, they are unreal.  You could also walk to the North End for great Italian, but the Fours should be a definite stop if from out of state if you've never been.
    Posted by hangnail

definitely before the game to grab some beer absorbing food and them after the game at Dj's or Sully's on Thursday night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

FYI, DJ's is no longer, it is now NorthStar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

If you want an authentic Bruins pre-game spot, do not go to The Fours.  Lame-O, stuffy, "luxury box" attendance.

If you want to breathe the same breath as the scum of the earth, go to Sully Tap.  Cheap beer, ugly women, annoying/loud basketball shooting game and "balcony scum" attendance.

If you want gigantic 44oz beers and decent pizza and old-school hockey fight videos on the TVs -- go to Halftime Pizza.  (my opinion -- Halftime is the best pre-game spot in boston.  The giant beers just make so much sense.  Less time waiting in line.)

If you want a decent burger and slightly toned down pre-game, go to McGann's.  Irish Rugby pub.

Post game is the Harp.  Live music upstairs, slutty college girls downstairs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My last excursion:
    Too cold to make the walk to the north end.
    2 hours before game time the fours had a 40 min wait.
    boston beer works took us right in.
    good food at the beer works, 1 had 2 beers, burger (good burger, not a wimpy one), wife had chicken sandwich and a couple of cokes.  about $30.  service was fast.

after the game, if in the green seats, hang out for the interviews.  Or otherwise kill time at any bar you can get into while waiting for traffic or subway crush to die down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Where to go before and after game?:
    Hell no is halftime pizza even in the same ball park as Regina's or Santarpio's It just a cheap place to eat before a game lol. Not a bag deal.
    Posted by Tbops

It's absolutely in the ballpark unless it somehow got worse since the last time I had it.

You make it sound like it's Pizza Hut or something. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Every time I'm in Boston going to a Bruins game, I always go to the Four's. Although it seems if you aren't there between 4-4:30 on night games, you will be waiting 35-40 minutes to sit. Halftime Pizza good as well.

Sections
Shortcuts