where to watch the game when you don't have tickets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from motard. Show motard's posts

where to watch the game when you don't have tickets?

Hi, i'm going to make the drive down from Canada to watch game 6 (sick of being around all these canuck fans lol) and trying to find a place to watch the game.

Where should I go that's going to be crazy and full of atmosphere?

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: where to watch the game when you don't have tickets?

If you don't mind being outside the city; then Buffalo Wild Wings in Saugus.  Huge TVs, cheep beers, and good food.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

If you're coming by way of Montana try Red's Bar in Missoula. Free peanuts, you also get to see the Sox play, and high-back swivel chairs. What's not to like!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Aren't there large screens set up in public plazas?  Isn't TD Fleet Center being opened up for viewing during road games?

As I'm sure you've seen on the telecasts, 3 blocks downtown are shut down each game (home and away), with big screens set up on all three.  Plus, Rogers Arena is available on away games ($10 a ticket, proceeds to Canucks For Kids). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: where to watch the game when you don't have tickets?:
    [QUOTE]Aren't there large screens set up in public plazas?  Isn't TD Fleet Center being opened up for viewing during road games? As I'm sure you've seen on the telecasts, 3 blocks downtown are shut down each game (home and away), with big screens set up on all three.  Plus, Rogers Arena is available on away games ($10 a ticket, proceeds to Canucks For Kids). 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that looked like a real blast last night.  The enthusiasm when Luongo got pulled was downright inspiring.  Great fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to where to watch the game when you don't have tickets?:
    [QUOTE]Hi, i'm going to make the drive down from Canada to watch game 6 (sick of being around all these canuck fans lol) and trying to find a place to watch the game. Where should I go that's going to be crazy and full of atmosphere? Thanks
    Posted by motard[/QUOTE]

We are leaving around 4pm from 401 and 404, Sunday. Do a stop over half way down and a nice easy drive in from there.
    Most likely go to the TD Center and find a bar, like Sullies. Might go outside if it's nice and they have big screen TVs. 
    What are your plans?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

anywhere on Canal St is good

In Response to where to watch the game when you don't have tickets?:
    [QUOTE]Hi, i'm going to make the drive down from Canada to watch game 6 (sick of being around all these canuck fans lol) and trying to find a place to watch the game. Where should I go that's going to be crazy and full of atmosphere? Thanks
    Posted by motard[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to watch the game when you don't have tickets? : Yeah, that looked like a real blast last night.  The enthusiasm when Luongo got pulled was downright inspiring.  Great fans.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

So, are you telling me that there are NO public places where fans can gather to watch games in Boston?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to watch the game when you don't have tickets? : So, are you telling me that there are NO public places where fans can gather to watch games in Boston?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

We call them bars.  There are about 100 of them within a 5 min walk of the Garden.  As far as having to provide a public place for people to gather to watch a game; why should they?  We arn't a one sport town.  Besides, the games are at 8pm here and end around 11pm. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]If you don't mind being outside the city; then Buffalo Wild Wings in Saugus.  Huge TVs, cheep beers, and good food.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

where's this place again ?

I couldn't find a decent hotel in Boston at a normal price therefore staying a little outside of the city .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

Heard on 98.5 this AM that they considered opening the Garden for the home games but NBC wouldn't allow them to because it would potentially lower the TV viewers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to watch the game when you don't have tickets? : where's this place again ? I couldn't find a decent hotel in Boston at a normal price therefore staying a little outside of the city .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Rt. 1 in Saugus; in front of the K-Mart, next to Square 1 Mall (south bound lane side).

http://challenge.buffalowildwings.com/locator/

PS...won't find a hotel in the city for a "normal" price.  Try priceline.  Also look for hotels in Cambridge or Somerville.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Try the Holiday Inn in Somerville on Washington Street, walking distance to the Sullivan Square T station, from there it's only a few stops to North Station and the Gaaaden. GO BRUINS!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from motard. Show motard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to where to watch the game when you don't have tickets? : We are leaving around 4pm from 401 and 404, Sunday. Do a stop over half way down and a nice easy drive in from there. Most likely go to the TD Center and find a bar, like Sullies. Might go outside if it's nice and they have big screen TVs.  What are your plans?
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

I'll be leaving Ottawa very early monday morning as the gf couldn't get sunday off. See some sites, do the Fenway tour. As for bars I was looking at Fours just outside the arena or possibly Game On (over 90 tvs!). Anyone have any feedback on those places? Haven't heard about Sullies, i'll look into that one.

Finally found a hotel that's available for a decent price, it's in Winthrop though. I think it'll be fine, looks like about 20 minute subway ride.

Going to be an awesome time! Go B's!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

I like to watch it on the radio.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to watch the game when you don't have tickets? : We call them bars.  There are about 100 of them within a 5 min walk of the Garden.  As far as having to provide a public place for people to gather to watch a game; why should they?  We arn't a one sport town.  Besides, the games are at 8pm here and end around 11pm. 
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Why should they?  Because not everybody who's a hockey fan can get into bars.  There are a whole lot of hockey fans (well, Canuck fans, at least) who are under 19, but still want something more than watching the game at home.  And sharing a collective experience with 100,000 people is pretty darned cool.  The public LiveSites were the hit of the Olympics, and people demanded them for the Cup Final.  So the City, and various other surrounding municipalities have  all set up huge screens for viewing. 

You should encourage it in Boston, too. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

but hubby said boston is not a great city...many thieves, drug sellers, sexual predators, home burglary so we stay home to watch hockey.