WHere was the #1 line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

WHere was the #1 line?

Trailing by a goal late in the game and Claude has Kelly, Peverly and Campbell out there - three guys who couldn't score in a brothel. Where was the number 1 line tonight?

Oh, thats right. They are trying to win a Cup without one. Crazy, and no Krejci's line is not a legit number 1. I really don't know what Chia was doing bringing in more checkers when this team has no finish. They played poorly most of the night against NYI and deserved to lose but they were only trailing by one goal with plenty of time left and didn't look like they would even come close to tying it. Even Julien has complained about not having a legit number 1 line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: WHere was the #1 line?

What #1 line?  Our #1 line is good, not an elite teams #1 line.  See shupes post on a perry getz ryan type of line, sedins, etc, now those are guys you can rely on upfront.  Horton should be on a contenders second line.  rex should be nowhere near 2nd line, and marchand probably plays on an elite teams 3rd line.  So, that's where we lack, top end forwards.  Pair that with TT and big Z, now you're talking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You must have missed Horton's saaaa-weet goal, or the fact that they were on the ice at the end of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

By the way Nifty, you are totally right about this, here is our achilles heel.  Take ryder, paille, kelly, recchi, and peverly's money to get a guy or 2 who is a true first liner.  Enough with rolling 4 lines of muckers minus 4 guys who arent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Whats wrong with our number one line.  Horton now 20 goals and is actually playing really hot over the last 10 games.  Lucic who is about to break 30 goals and kreji who leads the team in scoring.  Whats wrong with that line.  Oh that right your mom!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The number 1 line showed up tonight. Bergy battled hard tonight, I didn't see much else from the other 3 lines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

They were on the ice at the end of the game but are they a #1 that can be counted on consistently? Last December julien stressed that one of his lines needed to step into that role. Tonight's loss was an example of how it can kill to try and win without.

Horton is not a number 1 line guy. he'll get 25 goals this year at best and his all time high is 31 and been dropping since. Did he score a saaaaa-weet goal late when they needed a scorer to step up or did he take a stupid penalty and kill two precious minutes in the box?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Bergeron is my favorite player personally but his line is nowhere near number 1 status. I think many of us B's fans have forgotten what a true no. 1 line is anymore because we've been flooded with all these third lines trying to pose as something more. Sometimes I think the Ice Girls will score a goal before Kelly does. Chia did not address the team's real problem of lack of finish and it bites in the butt in games like this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: WHere was the #1 line?:
    [QUOTE]Bergeron is my favorite player personally but his line is nowhere near number 1 status. I think many of us B's fans have forgotten what a true no. 1 line is anymore because we've been flooded with all these third lines trying to pose as something more. Sometimes I think the Ice Girls will score a goal before Kelly does. Chia did not address the team's real problem of lack of finish and it bites in the butt in games like this.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

True first line:

Point per game center (Krejci sits at .88 per game and has points in 10 of the last 11 games)

High scoring wingers (Lucic will have 30 on his next goal, probably pushing toward 35 by seasons end while Horton will be at 25)

I'm okay with that set up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji's line is very talented, and we always expect more. Adding a top tier scoring guy was not an available choice at the trading deadline, nor were there any takers for Ryder, Paille, Thornton, or RECchi. Kelly is fast and responsible, but so is Campbell. Wheeler was sent out , in a salary dump to afford Kaberle. Bergeron does not have the elite scoring wings that were promised in Prague. Seguin may have filled REX's slot much better if plugged in in October and left there, BUT Claude's decision. Atually chiarelli has done pretty well, as many on this board attested, to evolve what he has had available. Many maneuvers have been as a result of Savard's problems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Our top line has been one of the top lines of late.

Problem is Clod....  Neither Krej nor Berg seen 18 mins in a separation game last night that needed some scoring.  Thes 2 need to be seeing 20+ mins a game.

Clod sat March for a penalty, sweet jeeesssus, it is his style and has been his style all year, but to sit him and to play a rotation of the other fwds to scrooge all the lines up is just more clod stupidity.  Let alone to play Thorn at all and then to put him on for March's shift is just absloute shiite.  I thought March was injured then seen him on the bench, it is just cutting off your nose to spite your face, you play the best unit you can to get the best results.  If you want to sit March, either sit him next game with a replacement, but never replace him with that sniper Thorn.

17:38 to 18:36 line of Camp, Kelly and Pev, now I can see Pev, but I would have anyone but Thorn over the other 2 when down a goal.