where were you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

where were you?

Shawn Thornton just said that "we have some players who just don’t show up some nights...". Wonder who could some of them just be ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: where were you?

The big Wheel, which is funny because he's been calling people out himself.

Ryder is very very obvious. 

I hate to say it because I love the kid, but Tyler.  For Tyler, he looks exactly like he's been told to do things x y and z and clearly he will be punished if he doesn't do x y and z.  And things x y and z aren't his strengths.

One of those things, if he gets the puck in the neutral zone he's obviously been told that he must dump it in unless something else is going on.

Meanwhile Marchand can dangle whenever he wants and even if he turns it over bad, that's not a problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He should start by looking in the mirror and follow that by watching Shelley, Cooke and Richards embarrass the team's brawn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: where were you?:
    He should start by looking in the mirror and follow that by watching Shelley, Cooke and Richards embarrass the team's brawn.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

huh? one of the few guys that puts out an effort on most night. nas, you are just a old cranky bit of smelly gas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Bravo NAS! I have been wondering when you were going to have enough of the stupid attacks...
    I don't always agree with your observations, but I respect your insight and look forward to your posts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts...people can be small when they hide behind a computer screen. I get tired of the petty crap.
    Merry Christmas to you!
    BTW my book is going to print next month...16 months of seven days a week...it is nice to take a break finally.
    Doc

In Response to Re: where were you? : Why attack me?  I've never said anything about you here.  I don't like Thornton's game.  If I choose to say so, how does that translate into you bashing me? You know what, Perry?  F you.  F you and f the rest of you who talk all of this shxt about me day in and day out.  I stick to the subject at hand.  If one of you mindless robots doesn't agree with me, but has no quality knowledge to came back with, you attack me as a person.  You don't even dang know me.  None of you do.  So the majorty of you can all go f yourselves.  Your hockey knowledge consists of what is said on NESN and Versus, which means next to nothing.  There are some really good hockey minds here.  That's why I'm here.  I like to talk hockey with good hockey minds.  The rest of you are just a big pile of dimwits who couldn't hold a hockey conversation with a Squirt B defenseman. So F you, Perrysound.  And F you to each and every one of you who have taken jabs at me as a person when all I ever do is stick to the topic.  This time I'm not sticking to the topic.  I'm speaking directly to YOU.  F YOU. (Clearly this does not go out to those who are knowledgable here, SanDog, Crowls, OC, Chowda, Dez, et al)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

"Merry Christmas Not-A-Snot!"

Missing you,
    Dennis Wideman

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: where were you? : Why attack me?  I've never said anything about you here.  I don't like Thornton's game.  If I choose to say so, how does that translate into you bashing me? You know what, Perry?  F you.  F you and f the rest of you who talk all of this shxt about me day in and day out.  I stick to the subject at hand.  If one of you mindless robots doesn't agree with me, but has no quality knowledge to came back with, you attack me as a person.  You don't even dang know me.  None of you do.  So the majorty of you can all go f yourselves.  Your hockey knowledge consists of what is said on NESN and Versus, which means next to nothing.  There are some really good hockey minds here.  That's why I'm here.  I like to talk hockey with good hockey minds.  The rest of you are just a big pile of dimwits who couldn't hold a hockey conversation with a Squirt B defenseman. So F you, Perrysound.  And F you to each and every one of you who have taken jabs at me as a person when all I ever do is stick to the topic.  This time I'm not sticking to the topic.  I'm speaking directly to YOU.  F YOU. (Clearly this does not go out to those who are knowledgable here, SanDog, Crowls, OC, Chowda, Dez, et al)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Let me get this straight, you say you don't like Thorton's game, which I can understand. That is an opinion, of which I have no issue. But your comment wasn't that. You are clearly calling him out on his effort, and that is just plain wrong. To say that he isn't putting an effort out on most nights, if not all is inaccurate. I've posted a few times that the 4th line is the only one that accually works out there night in, night out and you've been dismissive about that. Again, fair enough, I'm a big boy. But after last night's game, that is a pretty lame comment to make about a guy's game. 2 goals and a fight. 7 goals on the year for a thug.

I was trying to be somewhat funny in saying you are a crusty old f*rt, but "they" wouldn't let me use that word.
    So, I am sorry for my comments. Uncalled for, and untimely.
    Merry Christmas. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

If we all stuck to hockey instead of personal insults this forum would be much more interesting....for one I personally am happy with all the input from fans who are able to attend Bruin games and can experience it live....many posters are very knowledgable about the ins and out of hockey on and off the ice....cap issues...rules etc etc...I enjoy reading about all the info on junior hockey and the up and comers...people see things from different aspects and feeds me info I would never know being so far away from the team I have loved since being a kid ...most of us here all love and want our Bruins to succeed...to all who contribute so much to this forum...Merry Christmas and GO BRUINS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: where were you? : Let me get this straight, you say you don't like Thorton's game, which I can understand. That is an opinion, of which I have no issue. But your comment wasn't that. You are clearly calling him out on his effort, and that is just plain wrong. To say that he isn't putting an effort out on most nights, if not all is inaccurate. I've posted a few times that the 4th line is the only one that accually works out there night in, night out and you've been dismissive about that. Again, fair enough, I'm a big boy. But after last night's game, that is a pretty lame comment to make about a guy's game. 2 goals and a fight. 7 goals on the year for a thug.
    Posted by perrysound

Did you see Ference jump when Lucic got leveled?  Have you ever seen Thornton do that?  Nope.  He'll talk about it later and maybe there will be a staged fight in a different game.  He is the goon, yet he strikes fear in no opponent.  I don't care if he scored four goals last night.  With the amount of ice time he gets, he should be scoring. 

If he were doing his job instead of trying to be a finesse player, maybe other teams wouldn't be so quick to take liberties.

As for blah blah the fourth line great job all energy blah blah blah:  The team has a difficult time scoring.  The guys who are most likely to score are on lines 1-3.  Each second over 5:00 that the fourth line is out there is one extra second that a guy who is likely to score is on the bench.

Here's an idea:  Give the fourth line third line minutes.  Get rid of Ryder, Wheeler, Recchi and Bergeron.  Use that money to get a true first line winger and fund the $500K per slot fourth line.  It would look like this:

Lucic-Savard-New Stud

Seguin-Krejci-Horton

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Caron-Colborne-Marchand

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

That's the Spirit NAS!!! Enough feeling sorry for yourself.
    That is an opinion supported by examples, not a one line dismissive. Much better.

Merry Christmas Everyone. Got to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

You were doing great until the end of your knowledgable poster list...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: where were you? : You were doing great until the end of your knowledgable poster list...
    Posted by JWensink

I agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's the Spirit NAS!!! Enough feeling sorry for yourself. That is an opinion supported by examples, not a one line dismissive. Much better. Merry Christmas Everyone. Got to go.
    Posted by perrysound

I never feel sorry for myself.

F you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Please delete Chowda and Dez. Insert JWensink and Badhab. Now you'll know more about firing Julien and waiters with tables.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

We may not always agree but I'd certainly never question whether you know the game.you're one of the posters on here who's opinion i value regardless of whether I agree or not.Don't worry about what anyone thinks and keep the solid posts coming.Merry Christmas to you and your family.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: where were you? : Please delete Chowda and Dez. Insert JWensink and Badhab. Now you'll know more about firing Julien and waiters with tables.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yeah but what do you know?lol  Merry Christmas Chowda.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Don't forget Wensink.He knows everything about hockey.Just ask him.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I almost completely skipped this thread and glad that I didn't. NAS and I disagree on a lot (Thornton, whether you can make comparisons on players 30 games in, the fourth line generally, etc, etc), but at least he's got an informed opinion. Who cares if he doesn't treat you with baby gloves?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

NAS is the only person on this site that sticks to his opinion and calls people out, and he is usually right. he once gave me negative feedback on one of my videos, and people flipped out on him. he is going to say what he thinks and that is fine because everyones opinions are different. i totally respected his critical but still suggestive feedback. speaking of videos NAS, made one the past couple weeks. check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwj7PcbcbtE comment, rate, and sub, NAS i would love feedback on this video from you, thanks. everyone have a merry christmas
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

Terrific job on the video.Very impressive.Looks professionally done so kudos to you.Merry Christmas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

High class video.  I love the combination of fast and slow-mo.  The Seguin deke is filthy.  The hits linking up with the big beats is great.  Bergeron saving the day in slow-mo was perfect.

The only thing I would change would be the random audio.  Jack's voice just comes out of nowhere and then disappears for a while.  It doesn't seem to follow a pattern or really belong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Geez, let's refer to the Merry Christmas post...

NAS, I think you're coming a little strong on perry (I know, you don't care).  Looked like a throw away comment to me and kind of a joke about passing gas. 
    A whole lot of F U's in your comeback seem uncalled for, and frankly a bit over the top.  The comment from perry wasn't something that we all don't get here and you're not above it either.  Looks to me like he came back and retracted it too. 

That said, I tend to agree with your thoughts on Thornton (and most of your analysis to be truthful).  I think you're one of the better posters and like your frankness.  Thornton has a lot of courage but doesn't always choose to engage when he could be making a bigger difference.  A little too honest and too much of a gentlemen this year.  Fantastic game the other night though.

Peace folks, and my sincere holdiday wishes to all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: where were you? : Did you see Ference jump when Lucic got leveled?  Have you ever seen Thornton do that?  Nope.  He'll talk about it later and maybe there will be a staged fight in a different game.  He is the goon, yet he strikes fear in no opponent.  I don't care if he scored four goals last night.  With the amount of ice time he gets, he should be scoring.  If he were doing his job instead of trying to be a finesse player, maybe other teams wouldn't be so quick to take liberties. As for blah blah the fourth line great job all energy blah blah blah:  The team has a difficult time scoring.  The guys who are most likely to score are on lines 1-3.  Each second over 5:00 that the fourth line is out there is one extra second that a guy who is likely to score is on the bench. Here's an idea:  Give the fourth line third line minutes.  Get rid of Ryder, Wheeler, Recchi and Bergeron.  Use that money to get a true first line winger and fund the $500K per slot fourth line.  It would look like this: Lucic-Savard-New Stud Seguin-Krejci-Horton Thornton-Campbell-Paille Caron-Colborne-Marchand
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS , this is one of those cats and dogs moments I had talked about before. Don't get mad at me but I disagree with some comments you make about Thornton's play .

Has Thornton ever jumped in like Ference did for Lucic ? You say no . I say yes . A player has to be on the ice when a cheap shot occurs. He was, he did and it was only about 3 weeks ago.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/99538

You have said that all Thornton does is ask his opponent if he would like to fight ( staged ) and if he doesn't then he skates away . Agreed . But...........if you go to http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/players/ like I did and go through the fights of the leaders throughout the league you'll be hard pressed to find very many reactionary fights compared to the fights that are staged. In today's NHL Thornton doesn't do anything different then the rest of the tough guys in the league.

Playing tough and banging bodies should be a priority for a 4th liner. Agreed totally . You say he doesn't . My view is so much different then yours. I see him taking the man when it is there . He is not a devastating hitter but takes the body. And as far as being a finesse player . I don't care if you're Derek Boogaard, if any player ( in the league ) has the puck in the offensive zone you don't discourage him from making plays to try to put the puck in the net. IMO Thornton has some offensive skills ( I know you don't agree ). Does a coach tell him forget to about that part of his game just because he is a tough guy ?

Your idea about 4th liners not having more then 5 minutes per game isn't shared by the 30 coaches in the league . Here's proof , just click on TOI for lowest to highest .

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/stats/2010?position=Forwards&league=NHL&statsCategory=Points&page=9&qualified=false

I know I'm not exactly spreading the Christmas cheer with this post ( and I apologize for that ) but for me hockey is a 365 day thing. 

Once again enjoy the Holidays !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good post Chowdah.  I posted yesterday but then deleted my post, it was just silly to read what was being said and maybe some should delete there's also.
    There's one aspect of Thorton's game that irks me at times,  it's when he has a player on the forecheck lined up and then turns away from him instead of finishing his check. 
    While watching some games with some buddies that disagreed with me I showed them about 3-4 times in one game how he didn't finish his checks.  Now they text me on my phone everytime he doesn't finish his check (even the other night on his best game as a Bruin).  Take notice .
    As for the 4th line playing the minutes , I've said it before , I'm okay with it.  There were many games that they pinned their opponents in their own zone (more than any other line) ,  sure they didn't score but they didn't get scored against .  They're setting up the Bruins other lines to come in and do the same.  Call it what you want,  game shifter, momentum , energy etc...  It works. As Chowdah mentions with his numbers with most of the other teams.
    Their was game that Julien on the road where Julien would have them start the period and that I disagree because as a coach you're asking for a mismatch when you don't have the last change.  As good as they are defensively they cannot match with some of the no1 lines out there.

Now guys and gals please , enough with the un-pleasantries and all this apologizing on a forum,  we are talking hockey here ,  right ? Unless the threads subject is off the topic, hockey.

Merry Christmas !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: where were you? : Did you see Ference jump when Lucic got leveled?  Have you ever seen Thornton do that?  Nope.  He'll talk about it later and maybe there will be a staged fight in a different game.  He is the goon, yet he strikes fear in no opponent.  I don't care if he scored four goals last night.  With the amount of ice time he gets, he should be scoring.  If he were doing his job instead of trying to be a finesse player, maybe other teams wouldn't be so quick to take liberties. As for blah blah the fourth line great job all energy blah blah blah:  The team has a difficult time scoring.  The guys who are most likely to score are on lines 1-3.  Each second over 5:00 that the fourth line is out there is one extra second that a guy who is likely to score is on the bench. Here's an idea:  Give the fourth line third line minutes.  Get rid of Ryder, Wheeler, Recchi and Bergeron.  Use that money to get a true first line winger and fund the $500K per slot fourth line.  It would look like this: Lucic-Savard-New Stud Seguin-Krejci-Horton Thornton-Campbell-Paille Caron-Colborne-Marchand
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Outside of the retaliation nice post NAS.  Thornton just does not have the skill set and is an aging NHL fighter.  Excellent set of lines proposed at the end.  Would like to know the logic behind those choices.  Cheers.  

Sections
Shortcuts