Where will Doan land????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Where will Doan land????

All i have been hearing is about him meeting with the rangers and flyers. Well the rangers are clearly out of the hunt now and the flyers if they do end up signing weber then they will be out of the hunt as well. Will he just run to the coyotes with his tail between his legs or try an find another contender to sign with. He wouldnt be a bad fit for boston. He might be the veteran presence that the bs were missing last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Where will Doan land????

I agree with you, he could be the veteran presence we need. But, and this is a big but, we need to lose cap space before we can sign him. TT to PHX/NSH/NYI/COL makes it possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

0% chance doan is a bruin. he'll be on the penguins is my guess

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The guy is loyal to a fault, if it's at all possible he'll re-sign with the Coyotes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

What do you mean "the veteran presence the Bs were missing last year"? Seems like an arbitrary thing to throw out there. Talk about Doan making an impact on the ice, but doesn't seem like "veteran presence" is remotely a concern.

Not attacking here...just confused.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

heard he wants to stay out west, maybe Dallas will get him since they have signed every other old goat this off season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

i think at this point it's either pittsburgh or phoenix 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

The bruins dont have a leader recchi was that guy during the cup run. He stated before even the fans had a chance to believe in it" we will win the stanely cup". That is the type of player the bruins need. Whether doan can be that type of player for the bruins i do not know but they seemed like a tight group in phoenix with him and whitney. So that is the type of veteran presence i was talking about.

lucic- is a hot head and doesnt not have leadership qualities
    krejci- dont have to say much here
    horton- leads by example but isnt a the most vocal guy
    seguin, bergy and marchand- all play hard but are not vocal
    kelly- more on an assiatnt cpt
    chara- best dman in the league but not a leader
    boy, siedez, mcquiad- not very vocal
    ference- a good assitant cpt. is vocal sometime but in situations it is not needed
    rask-?dont have to say much their

We need someone to rally the troops when we arent getting the bounces or playing up to par. I dont see that guy on this team and CJ is not that outspoken to pick the slack of not having a true captian.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Two problems I see with signing Doan. 
    1- He wants to stay out West, preferably Phoenix, so the chances are slim. Great location for tra6vel, and great location for weather. And he gets to be a star and not noticed by 98% of the people.
    2- His contract might really throw the Bruins pay status out of wack. He might be the highest paid player on the team and what has he won? Hard sell to the rest of the guys if he comes in and get a big contract. 

Don't see it happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

heyoo, I don't know how you know whether the guys are vocal or not, but according to the players themselves in interviews I've seen, you missed the guy on the team - Thornton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Detroit or Philly. Philly will be looking for a name after failing to get Weber.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

TSN reports he's meeting with the Habs this week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Where will Doan land????:
    All i have been hearing is about him meeting with the rangers and flyers. Well the rangers are clearly out of the hunt now and the flyers if they do end up signing weber then they will be out of the hunt as well. Will he just run to the coyotes with his tail between his legs or try an find another contender to sign with. He wouldnt be a bad fit for boston. He might be the veteran presence that the bs were missing last year.
    Posted by heyoo

why are the Rangers out?

i'm not saying he's going to NY but they still have 13 mil. cap space and only Del Zotto of importance to re-sign... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: Where will Doan land????:
    In Response to Where will Doan land???? : why are the Rangers out? i'm not saying he's going to NY but they still have 13 mil. cap space and only Del Zotto of importance to re-sign... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr

because they have half their team to re-sign in the next two years

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Where will Doan land???? : because they have half their team to re-sign in the next two years
    Posted by juniorfalcon19

i don't think Slats and Rangers' management worries about the future too much....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Where will Doan land???? : why are the Rangers out? i'm not saying he's going to NY but they still have 13 mil. cap space and only Del Zotto of importance to re-sign... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Whether they're important or not, the NYR will still need to fill 2 more roster spots after signing Del Zotto. Yes, they could still squeeze a Doan contract in there but I suspect they'll prefer to leave themselves a bit of wiggle room available for in season moves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

well we all know the Bs had a very short convo in a deal for nash, failed, and likely a couple of others they sought after that were signed elsewhere, cap space is not an issue if the Bs play there hand right, ala savard and tt and the possiblity of dealing away a roster player. Doan is a competitor and can be a very good addtion to the sp called veteran presence, not sure how many watch the show mantracker but if u seen him on it, you would know what this guy can bring to the Bs , stamina grit and a never ending will to quit. One last thing, a guy like doan wants the once in a life time dream, the stanley cup so of all the teams hes visited (exclude mtl ) who can win the cup ? So dont count a visit to Boston unless the Bs have insulted doans agent with a  bad offer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ya thorts is one of my favorite bruins as well. Your missing the entire point of the captian position to lead by example. Getting in a fight might get everyone hyped up and turn the tides. But that isnt the type of leadership i was talking about. He is a good guy to have in the trenches with you, but are going to follow his lead??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Doan to visit Habland:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361

Looks like Montreal is intent on icing a good team next season. Apparently he and Price are cousins, hmm.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Doan to visit Habland: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361 Looks like Montreal is intent on icing a good team next season. Apparently he and Price are cousins, hmm.......
    Posted by jmwalters

Can you get rid of that stupid avatar? 3 gross chicks with their flabby sweater pillows painted as frogs is kinda rough on the eyes.

Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Where will Doan land???? : Can you get rid of that stupid avatar? 3 gross chicks with their flabby sweater pillows painted as frogs is kinda rough on the eyes. Thanks.
    Posted by kelvana33

For you? No..........lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Now back to hockey, Preds going after Doan:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/free_agency/2012/07/25/predators_shane_doan_report/

That would be an unexpected move on their part.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Unless you've been in the Bruins' dressing room during games, how can you say Chara isn't a leader?

The bruins dont have a leader recchi was that guy during the cup run. He stated before even the fans had a chance to believe in it" we will win the stanely cup". That is the type of player the bruins need. Whether doan can be that type of player for the bruins i do not know but they seemed like a tight group in phoenix with him and whitney. So that is the type of veteran presence i was talking about. lucic- is a hot head and doesnt not have leadership qualities krejci- dont have to say much here horton- leads by example but isnt a the most vocal guy seguin, bergy and marchand- all play hard but are not vocal kelly- more on an assiatnt cpt chara- best dman in the league but not a leader boy, siedez, mcquiad- not very vocal ference- a good assitant cpt. is vocal sometime but in situations it is not needed rask-?dont have to say much their We need someone to rally the troops when we arent getting the bounces or playing up to par. I dont see that guy on this team and CJ is not that outspoken to pick the slack of not having a true captian.
    Posted by heyoo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

TSN reports he's meeting with the Habs this week.
    Posted by red75

Doan is Carey Price's cousin.

Sections
Shortcuts