Where's the captain?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Where's the captain?

Chara looks like he is laboring to me or is it just his normal no show in the playoffs? Seems like he can't hit the net or get back in position. He got hung out a couple times last night. Looked slower than usual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Where's the captain?

I wouldn't worry about him.  Without him they would be toast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

jwb,

No one here has challenged people more in regards to Chara's play than I have.  I basically know the big man has more to give especially in the playoffs.  He had a virus that obviously slowed him down. 

I am gonna say this.  His play will define if we advance far into the playoffs.  Personally, I believe he is gonna do it this year.  Windows of opportunity to win in this league are small.  I don't think there is a bigger year than this year. 
    With Pitt having so many injuries and Philly without a goalie/Pronger or Carter has there ever been a more ripe moment than now!?! 

I am hard on Chara, but I believe in the big lug.  Our defense w/o him would be...well...very very avg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Shupe, I want this team to go all the way but if he doesn't step up his game it will be the determining factor for failure. He is the highest paid guy on the team and as always he is a non factor thus far. Maybe the sickness he had is hurting him but I'm not buying it. It's between his ears. He played injured before in the playoffs but how long can this sickness hang on?

If he made 1 or 2 open ice hits once in a while I could give him a pass but he never does in the post season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

"If he made 1 or 2 open ice hits once in a while I could give him a pass but he never does in the post season."

If Chara made 1 or 2 open ice hits once in a while he would get suspended 1 or 2 times once in a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the captain?:
    "If he made 1 or 2 open ice hits once in a while I could give him a pass but he never does in the post season." If Chara made 1 or 2 open ice hits once in a while he would get suspended 1 or 2 times once in a while.
    Posted by RawrBear

Example?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he's played fine, he made an open hit on Briere and got a penalty on it for the sole reason of size difference. Up 2-0 lets be happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes Chara gets beat he's not SuperDman all the time, not perfect. Take him out of the lineup last night Philly would have won in regulation 6-2 easy. Sure I would like for Big Z to play better at times but his poke checking and sealing off forwards down low has been down right dominate even on off nights.

NHL playoffs are a grind Zdeno feels it just like everyone else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

he hit briere and got 2 minutes....i'd rather him play and keep his team even strength personally 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Seidenberg has TOTALLY come around and is making up the difference.  Add Boychuk to the mix and Chara is NOT carrying the work load this year like he was last year.  Ference is playing GREAT and McQuaid has been playing well too.  Great balance back there so you dont see Chara as much.  But I will agree, Ive thought hes looked off too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

TOI...
    Round 1
    25:06
    dnp
    26:20
    27:39
    37:06
    28:36
    28:05

Round 2
    28:08
    31:35

You carry a 6' 9" 270 pound frame around for that many minutes against world-class athletes... (hospitalized in the midst of it all too!) I think I would give him a pass if he looked just a tad slow or had a little stumble occasionally.
    Give us all a break. WEAK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the captain?:
    Shupe, I want this team to go all the way but if he doesn't step up his game it will be the determining factor for failure. He is the highest paid guy on the team and as always he is a non factor thus far. Maybe the sickness he had is hurting him but I'm not buying it. It's between his ears. He played injured before in the playoffs but how long can this sickness hang on? If he made 1 or 2 open ice hits once in a while I could give him a pass but he never does in the post season.
    Posted by jwb413

Do you even watch hockey? I don't think you do.

Sections
Shortcuts